Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: WI Third Party Advertisements Causing Slow Page Loading?

Thanks, Lilypad, I'll give it a try. I just wish there was an easier way to solve the problem. Hey, I thought of something! Could members have a choice on active or passive ads?

While I know that the site needs advertising to help with expenses, couldn't the advertisers be restricted to what types of advertising they're allowed to put on the site? Or have to provide one of each? Rather than being stuck with whatever they want to put on the site, maybe try to steer it a little so it isn't so aggressive? It's an idea!
Aries962 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I use Safari, and I have no problem.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Aries962
Justin - we were posting at the same time...premium subscription...I've heard mention of it I think on the home page. Sounds interesting with the extra features. Have you put out any information on it yet?
Not yet, I was too chicken to do it last night, probably on Monday
Justin is offline Male
Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Thanks for your posts, everyone. Justin, looks like you've put that chicken back in the coop, congratulations on your launch.

I don't think there's anything else that can be added to this thread, so would someone mind closing it, please?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

I have noticed that!! I find it alot easier to go on the iPhone version though.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

The iPhone skin also works well if you are willing to loose some functionality

Luckily with the Subscriptions, and soon being able to get them with WI$, it will get rid of the Ad Problems
vince730 is offline Male
Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

LOL! I thought this thread was done, but I guess not!

I actually tried the Blue theme and am going to try the iPhone next. In the blue theme, I miss having the left hand panel that holds links to PMs, subscribed threads, etc. I'll go evaluate the other now!

By the way, hello Vince! Did you know that you were one of my very first trades about a hundred years ago? Well, maybe about a year or so ago...hehe!

Last edited by Aries962; 03-16-2009 at 03:57 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #18
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

OK I just changed it to iPhone layout and now I can't switch it back. Sure the ads are gone but I do not like the iPhone skin at all. No user cp home, no nav bar etc. Can someone instruct me on how to switch it back.

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
OK I just changed it to iPhone layout and now I can't switch it back. Sure the ads are gone but I do not like the iPhone skin at all. No user cp home, no nav bar etc. Can someone instruct me on how to switch it back.
Nevermind I went back through my history and found WI in the normal layout and then clicked on edit options and switched it back to forum default for the skin. Good thing I fixed it.

Last edited by ClaraZ25; 03-16-2009 at 04:51 PM..
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #19
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

If you have FireFox, you can also download Ad Block Plus...I don't block most of the Ads because I know they make money for WI, but ones like the Talking Wii Ad really slow down the loading & are extremely annoying to hear all the time
vince730 is offline Male
Old 03-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25

Nevermind I went back through my history and found WI in the normal layout and then clicked on edit options and switched it back to forum default for the skin. Good thing I fixed it.
LOL! I had the exact same problem! I don't like the iPhone layout at all! Anyway, I scrolled all the way down to the bottom and found a "Normal View" link which took me back to normal (surprise! ). Then I went back to Blue. It's OK ... kinda ... maybe I just have to get used to it.
Closed