Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #21
p3yt0n

Default Re: Attention Admins -- WI Status' Need Revision!

I HATE DOUBLE POSTS!
to me they are so annoying.
and you do have a point. =]
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #22
Gifted

GreenLloyd is on a distinguished road

I believe vBulletin has a feature where editing of ones posts is allowed for a short period of time, like for a few minutes, after the post is made, thereby giving people the opportunity to fix mistakes or revise. It's something to consider.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 AM   #23
Cattails5
Webkinz :)

cattails5 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by MommaB
Once upon a time, non gifted members were allowed to edit their posts, but when that option was abused by many by editing off staff notes, The option was taken away. The only reason Gifted members have it is because they need it to maintain and update their trade threads at a rapid rate.
Not sure what version of vbulletin is running here, but I mod on another forum that uses vbulletin. It is possible to set the system where you can edit your own posts but not anyone else's. You can set it to allow you to edit your own posts forever, or you could even set a time limit to say, edit for a half hour, after that the thread stands.
cattails5 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #24
Penguins Are So
Gifted

♥ Bubba ♥ will become famous soon enough

Well, even if you become the GT status, you don't have to trade. You could just use the ability to do the stuff that you want to do. But I advise you to go through the Gift Training Section and reach Gifted THEN you don't have to trade.
♥ Bubba ♥ is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #25
star9595995
Gift Guru

star9595995 is just really nicestar9595995 is just really nice

But the thing is if you entered a contest and you put the wrong anwser and then someone puts the right answer then you can change it and say you had it first and That wouldnt be fair so WI gives this gift to people they have done reseach on their posts and believe that they will use it for good. And also when your gifted you have to change your post almost everyday so thats why they give it to gifted people.
star9595995 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #26
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

This is my opinion but, you could try the GT Section to see if you like it, you never know before you try!
I went through the GT process and I like it, maybe you don't like it after you try but it is very exciting to receive a PM saying that your becoming gifted! That is a very good idea but, you can't edit your post if the thread has been closed or deleted.
maisydog13 is offline Male
Old 06-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #27
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

That's what always happens to me! It's so annoying!
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #28
FireClan

They are the only reason because they HAVE to update their GE often.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
Born2Trade!
Gifted

12webbie12 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: WI Status' Need Revision!

hmmm...u have a very good point. being neat and keeping other peoples threads organized can be very helpful if one can edit he or shes posts. i agree w/ you. i being gifted, can edit my posts but agree that maybe it should start out where you can edit posts. thankyou for pointing this out and expressing your desire.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #30
sore115

Default Re: WI Status' Need Revision!

Hmm...I agree with FireClan ♥.
Closed