Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
icked!
Gift Guru

mumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 
Question Webkinz Insider slowdown

Hi all,

I love WI, and come here frequently to read and get info, and sometimes post a little myself. However, lately it seems to take a very long time for each page to load, and sometimes I even get a message "a script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. Do you want to keep running the script?" It seems to me that I started having trouble after the big banner ads were added to the top of the pages, but not sure if that would have anything to do with it. Anyone else having this problem? Or any suggestions on anything I could do? I don't want to stop visiting WI!!!

:abn::luvfrog:
mumsey321 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
KimKinz

Default Re: Webkinz Insider slowdown

maybe its your computer. try clearing your cache. Its not happening to me, and I havent heard of other members saying anything about it.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Forever a
Banned
superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!

I do experence this proplem as well but with the banners, I got cool smileys and cursers! Though it does slow my computer down and I hope this proplem is fixed. So I agree.
superkitty777 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Gifted

Gibaldi1 has a spectacular aura about

i think its the ads too. it hasnt happened to me yet but the site has been acting strange lately. im glad its not only me.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
I am (see below)
Gifted

deyarmoc will become famous soon enough

There are a lot more ads in WI now so I think that is the problem
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
KimKinz

yes, it could also be the ads. The ads is a problem the staff is working on. But the ads keep the site running and gives WI money to run the site. Without them, we would have to pay to be members!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Gifted

Gibaldi1 has a spectacular aura about

i am going to PM justin and tell him about this. he might be able to fix it.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
Sparkleberry

Yeah there are ads galore!! it's annoying but hey! We have to deal with it.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I personally do not think it is the ads, I think it is that at certain hours, the server can not run properly with as many people on.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
Gifted
HMLilly is on a distinguished road

Its sounds to me like spyware on your computer, especially superkitty777. I really recommend downloading spybot and getting rid of all the spyware. spybot is free. Spyware will really slow down your computer quite a bit and sometimes can be harmful. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link or not to where you can download spybot. If you need that link, PM me.
Closed