Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
junetoybox
Webkinz :)

StaticAge is an unknown quantity at this point

Default WI site questions

I really like this site, but I noticed the forums and the cookbook and probably other pages are constantly refreshing themselves? Why does it do this and can I disable it somehow?

Also why was the cookbook changed? Seems like an extra step was added by making the ingredients list a pop up. Especially since I have massive amounts of food and when it gets to be too much I come here and use the cookbook to see what I can make from all of it. Is kind of a hassle as a pop up to keep going back and forth. Is there an option to have it embedded in the cookbook page like it used to be? Thanks!

StaticAge is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: WI site questions

View Post Originally Posted by StaticAge
I really like this site, but I noticed the forums and the cookbook and probably other pages are constantly refreshing themselves? Why does it do this and can I disable it somehow?

Also why was the cookbook changed? Seems like an extra step was added by making the ingredients list a pop up. Especially since I have massive amounts of food and when it gets to be too much I come here and use the cookbook to see what I can make from all of it. Is kind of a hassle as a pop up to keep going back and forth. Is there an option to have it embedded in the cookbook page like it used to be? Thanks!

This constant refreshing is called "Live Topic". Live Topic refreshes the page when someone post. No, you can not disable this feature.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

The cookbook had to be fixed as it wasn't working for all browsers. I assume this is the only way Justin could get it to work properly. He is also planning on adding a Super Secret Recipes section to it and the popup may be needed for that new section.

As for the refreshing it is just something WI does. You cannot disable it.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 11-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
junetoybox
Webkinz :)

StaticAge is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome to hear that the cookbook will be updated with the SSR stuff! If the changes are for the sake of accessibility for all then that's ok with me. Thanks for the replies
StaticAge is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by StaticAge
Awesome to hear that the cookbook will be updated with the SSR stuff! If the changes are for the sake of accessibility for all then that's ok with me. Thanks for the replies
Yep, they're right... I have to include the Super Secret Recipes *AND* the Clothing Machine stuff and figured that I needed a javascript overlay window for the "list" for each.. There was no other room for 3 separate lists!
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

The SSR's are there (though the ingredient picker for them isn't done yet).
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Tags
questions, suggestions, vince730