Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Memew2008
Webkinz :)

Memew2008 is on a distinguished road

Question WI session times out too quickly

I have a couple of questions and a suggestion.

What is the time limit on inactivity for WI users before the system kicks you out (logs you off)?

What consitutes inactivity?

This morning, I spent just over 30 minutes putting together my helpful hints for one of the WW games. I carefully typed, edited and proofread each line. When I clicked Submit, I was told that I have been logged off. You can't imagine how I felt. There's no way I can recreate all that verbage. And at this point, I don't want to. Who knows - I could be logged off again before I finish this post.

Maybe the WI founders could reconsider extending that time limit. Computer security is a very important issue and I do understand there are rules for everything. Just asking that this request be considered. Thanks for listening.
:chi:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: WI session times out too quickly

ooo thats awful!!!!!!!! i never get logged out, tho. i clicked the remember me box when i first logged in and its never logged me out..ii think
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

I don't know if there really is a time limit for completing a post. There might have been another reason for your log-out.

Sometimes I've taken more than half an hour to update my gift exchange -- no problem. Also, some of my posts, which took downloading many pictures, have taken way more than 30 minutes.

But, yes, I have gotten booted out a few times while working on a long post. Usually, I now write those up ahead of time, in a word processor document. Then you can simply copy and paste it into a post here. Safe and secure -- can't lose your precious work.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

Inactivity is timed depending on how long you don't click any links here. I usually keep a second tab open when I'm working on a new thread, so I can still keep myself "logged in", and I just keep switching back and forth. But when I've been working on a thread a long time, I highlight the whole thing and copy it, so I can just paste that into the thread thing if it has got me logged out.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
princessinny

Its happened to me also..I was putting my ge together...I to now go to word pad and then copy paste...I was wondering if it was my settings..Maybe we could have a longer time period for inactivity. I go and start supper maybe 10 mins away and come back and im logged off..hmm
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

I really don't have any idea about this one. I've never once been logged off and I go back and forth between here and WW all the time. Sometimes I'll spend 20 or 30 minutes playing a game and I'm still logged in when I come back. Maybe it's because I've selected the option to always remember me?
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Memew2008

Memew2008 is on a distinguished road

Shadowsown88 said "Inactivity is timed depending on how long you don't click any links here." That's why I asked the question of what constitutes inactivity. Obviously the act of typing is considered inactivity.

I worked with a computer system at my last job that did require you to "click" something every 30 minutes.

I really wish I could get an answer as to the actual time limit. Just judging by the fact that I am not the only one being logged off, the time limit does exist.
:chi:
Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

There have to be other factors here other than inactivity that are causing your logouts.

I typed the first several words of this post 4 hours ago. Then, I left the window open but did absolutely nothing here. I watched a TV show, long phone call, ate a late snack, did stuff in Webkinz World in another browser window.

This forum reply box never logged out. Perhaps it is your browser settings or the browser itself. In any case, I could not duplicate your problem. I am using a Mac and Safari browser -- they are not as glitchy as Internet Explorer. That one has many problems in Webkinz Insider.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
There have to be other factors here other than inactivity that are causing your logouts.

I typed the first several words of this post 4 hours ago. Then, I left the window open but did absolutely nothing here. I watched a TV show, long phone call, ate a late snack, did stuff in Webkinz World in another browser window.

This forum reply box never logged out. Perhaps it is your browser settings or the browser itself. In any case, I could not duplicate your problem. I am using a Mac and Safari browser -- they are not as glitchy as Internet Explorer. That one has many problems in Webkinz Insider.

It very well could be Internet Explorer; I have IE, and I have been timed out on WI more times () than I can count.

---------- luvwebbies added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

[quote=BERT_X;7728027]I don't know if there really is a time limit for completing a post. There might have been another reason for your log-out.

Sometimes I've taken more than half an hour to update my gift exchange -- no problem. Also, some of my posts, which took downloading many pictures, have taken way more than 30 minutes.

But, yes, I have gotten booted out a few times while working on a long post. Usually, I now write those up ahead of time, in a word processor document. Then you can simply copy and paste it into a post here. Safe and secure -- can't lose your precious work.

That's an excellent suggestion, Bert, especially for those, like the creator of this thread, who are working on a post of helpful tips, or working on their GE, etc. In other words, something really specific to the interest of the WI community.

Personally, I wouldn't invest that kind of time in a post. (and I tend to be extremely wordy.) What I began doing is typing everything very fast, and making a ton of typographical errors .

---------- luvwebbies added 5 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

[quote=Memew2008;7727291]I have a couple of questions and a suggestion.

What is the time limit on inactivity for WI users before the system kicks you out (logs you off)?

This morning, I spent just over 30 minutes putting together my helpful hints for one of the WW games. I carefully typed, edited and proofread each line. When I clicked Submit, I was told that I have been logged off. You can't imagine how I felt. There's no way I can recreate all that verbage. That is sooooo frustrating!!!!!! It has happened to me, so I know exactly how you feel. And at this point, I don't want to. Who knows - I could be logged off again before I finish this post. No, it's not quite that fast.....

Perhaps, if you ever feel like retyping it again, you might want to try Bert's suggestion. I only post on threads---and I'm not good enough at any of the games to give advice about them --so I wouldn't bother with the cut and paste, but if I did have specific tips for WI members, or something of real value to share with the forum, I would go with the cut and paste method.

I look forward to reading your gaming advice one of these days!

---------- luvwebbies added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

[quote=Memew2008;7727291]I have a couple of questions and a suggestion.

This morning, I spent just over 30 minutes putting together my helpful hints for one of the WW games. I carefully typed, edited and proofread each line. When I clicked Submit, I was told that I have been logged off. You can't imagine how I felt. There's no way I can recreate all that verbage. That is sooooo frustrating!!!!!! It has happened to me, so I know exactly how you feel. And at this point, I don't want to. Who knows - I could be logged off again before I finish this post. No, it's not quite that fast.....

Perhaps, if you ever feel like retyping it again, you might want to try Bert's suggestion. I only post on threads---and I'm not good enough at any of the games to give advice about them --so I wouldn't bother with the cut and paste, but if I did have specific tips for WI members, or something of real value to share with the forum, I would go with the cut and paste method.

I look forward to reading your gaming advice one of these days!

Last edited by luvwebbies; 05-23-2008 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 05-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #10

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

This past week I've been logged off a number of time for no apparent reason - sometimes while writing a brief post, sometimes while clicking on links. I was wondering if there was a glitch on WI. Someone suggested to click on "remember me" when I log in. The last two days when I have done that, I haven't been logged out. So perhaps that's the trick.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed