Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
I ♥ My eGirlz
Gift Guru

SweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of light

Default WI profiles and the dangers of sharing person info online... caution

I made my own thread so my post wouldn't go unnoticed.

MODS and ADMINS please EDIT where you see fit.

I just have to say this...

I know you all dont "know" me and Im a stranger like everyone else you "meet" online but I want to speak of MY personal experience with these online profiles.

This is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE:

Crystal Anderson age 17 years old missing since Jan 8 2008 last seen with an adult male 28 years old that she met on myspace messenger.

Crystal's funeral was Saturday July 12 2008. Killed while out "working" for the man that took her from her loving home six months ago. Killed less than 8 miles from the home she had not seen nor called since the day she left. Missing WITHOUT A TRACE even though her pic is ONLINE on every missing persons website available. NO trace of this girl whose face was plastered everywhere BUT yet it was so easy for this online predator to meet her and TAKE her from a PUBLIC board! Irony is the word for that.

Crystal was my next door neighbor and MY dd's bff for SIX YEARS!

Giving out ANY personal info or posting pics of yourself online is DANGEROUS!

Please be MORE than careful and make your decisions to do this wisely.

Thanks WI Staff and members! ♥

WI I'll totally understand if you think that this is just too much information. I just wanted to post to let ppl, who "may" think this will never happen to them... it DOES indeed happen!

This girl was from a great home with loving hard working parents who gave her everything!

Missing w a man she met on myspace even tho she comes from a home who CHOOSES to have NO COMPUTER or INTERNET in the home!!! She got access to myspace and this man still gained access to her.

Please be very careful online.

To all of you who have posted on this THANK YOU for having the courage to step up and let the rest of us know this is not OK.

I dont believe WI made those profiles for us to use them in this manner. JMO!
SweetsMom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
SuperJ5678
Webkinz :)

amazon is a jewel in the roughamazon is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: WI profiles and the dangers of sharing person info online... caution

Poor Crystal! I agree with you! Some people just don't know that and I don't want it to happen anymore!
amazon is offline Female
Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Gift Guru

snuffles31 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WI profiles and the dangers of sharing person info online... caution

There is never too much information that can be given when discussing children's safety. I appreciate you telling your story (and I'm sure it wasn't easy to do), for the members of webkinzinsider, their children, grandchildren, and friends.
This is a very serious matter that needs to be discussed openly with children so that they are made aware of the consequences of disclosing TOO much info. online.
I hope everyone that reads this takes it seriously, because if not, we will all know a family that has been torn apart by this devastating truth.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
bekahluvsjesus(:

bekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guide

Thats horrible! I am still just a kid, and it kinda scared me, so I think that all kids should read that, then they wouldn't give out personal info. I don't have a myspace becuz of that
bekah_rose is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
puncuation
Gift Guru

puncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to all

Thats horrible what happened to Crystal!I'm still just a kid and my parents said I am NEVER ALLOWED TO GO ON MY SPACE!.
puncuation is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

thats sad...i will never give to much personal info like that out
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
Vote David Cook
Gifted

EE500 has a spectacular aura about

I totally agree with you. I even hate posting my name! But I have never posted a pic of myself just my dog. That is all. But thanks So much for posting this and hopefully this will catch many peoples eyes and see how important it is to stay safe on the internet. And most of all to the people that go in Chat Rooms and AIM that is where people can be freaks and it is really creepy. But thanks for sending the message out. This was very sad but sent a message out.
EE500 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Cyrstal. I've never gaven out any thing stronger than my name.
jorking is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

This is a very serious thing. I'm sorry for that loss as well.
I have seen a few profiles with people posting themselves.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by puppylove ♥
This is a very serious thing. I'm sorry for that loss as well.
I have seen a few profiles with people posting themselves.
The very best thing to do if any of us come across posts or profiles with personal information or pictures, is flag a moderator.

It's not tattling, and it's not being mean---it's being kind, because it could save a life.
luvwebbies is offline Female
Closed