Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

doggiewebkinz has disabled reputation

Default Re: Viruses- Please help!

Its happening to my computer and my moms computer. My moms computer gets hit worse then mine does, every day there are almost 100 viruses or cookies that are picked up, luckly I only get 5 at worst a day. I would hate to leave WI, but at this Point, I'm not sure what to do, because I dont want a computer crash.

Doggiewebkinz
doggiewebkinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #82

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

Here's the page that popped up on me. I clicked too fast and thought I was closing it but it scanned and said I had
adware.win32.winad
backdoor.win32.haxdoor.gu
trojan-psw.win32.ldpinch.abm
trojan.qoologic-keylogger
shuer.zsq
w32.mypics.worm.36352
w32.nimdajqmm
trojanhorseirc/backdoor.sdbot4.frv

I don't have a clue what these are or if my computer actually has them or not, or if the program just said I had them and was just trying to get me to click fix it which I didn't. I downloaded the spybot and it found 11 items that were cookie trackers and it fixed them. Would spybot check for all the trojans, and keylogger, worms I listed above? I don't know anything about computers so I don't know if I've properly checked my computer with just spybot. The keylogger worries me the most as it records all your passwords for bank accounts, and any other private passwords. This is so frustrating, especially since we don't know what triggered it but that it was triggered from the WI page. Anyone have any helpful suggestions on whether I've properly fixed my problems or if spybot doesn't check for keyloggers, worms, etc.We have 5 laptops and have never had this problem before. The only computer to have this happen is my computer and I'm the only one on WI. How do we prevent this from popping up from now on when we are on WI? I will definitely close out the window after I read threads instead of leaving it open for awhile.

Last edited by Doggyfan; 06-04-2009 at 09:28 PM..
Doggyfan is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #83
photographer

Marley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to behold

I have an I idea! Clear the cookies before you shut the computer! Oh yeah I'm smartical!
Marley_is_love is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #84
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

hm.. . I haven't gotten anything like that but i see a lot of you have. That is really weird.

I guess everyone who has a subscription should turn off the ads? I just did.

Thanks Justin for coming to this thread and trying to figure this thing out.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #85
ow! I'm
Gifted

sajcwebin has a spectacular aura about

Donation Level 3 

My uncle is a computer guru and he "manages" the PC I usually use. He always keeps very strong anti-virus and firewall protections active, blocks most cookies and pop-ups have to be manually and temporarily allowed. The PC also does an auto-scan every week. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but I have NOT had problem with WI. I've never seen a pop-up here either. I just signed up for the subscription here so we will see what the auto-scan turns up on Tuesday.
sajcwebin is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #86
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by WesleyKinz
Spybot is excellent. You can google spybot and read about it if you like. It is a very good program to have on your computer.
I use Spybot S&D as well..Its a wonderfully free program..Also..You need to look at the TAC rating on anything your scans find..some are just cookies that take up a little space to make it quicker to find some pages you frequent a lot..others are at a higher level of risk. You really need to know how to interpret those reports any of those software scans generate.
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #87
cookiecrumbles

I got a virus from this site, too! It was a Trojan Horse, i think. nasty one. i am in the process of trying to fix it. . . hope it works!

View Post Originally Posted by Marley_is_love
I have an I idea! Clear the cookies before you shut the computer! Oh yeah I'm smartical!
I tried that. It didn't help. I still got a virus. . .

View Post Originally Posted by WesleyKinz
It's definitely a virus. It tries to fool you by making you think your virus protection has found a problem on your computer.

This particular virus is embedded in the ads. You don't even have to click on the ads to activate it. It basically finds you!

The best way to avoid getting it is to use Firefox (this virus cannot come thru firefox, but you MUST keep adblock up to date). If you use IE, you need to enable a malware blocker or spybot (my preference). You can download "spybot search & destroy" to your computer by going here::: The home of Spybot-S&D!

One of my laptops was infected in exactly this same way last Saturday. My son had opened IE on my laptop and I didn't notice and I went to WI. It was the only thing I had open and within a few minutes, I was infected (because of using IE and because that computer didn't have the appropriate virus/malware protection on it......It does NOW!).
That type is called a trojan horse. it pretends to be something else other than what it really is

Last edited by cookiecrumbles; 03-22-2009 at 10:18 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:46 AM   #88
Erica
Gift Guru
SparkleHippo has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

i have gotten many tracking cookies dirrectly after logging off WI. When i run a scan it shows they all are at a higer risk then they normally are. soo ehh.. i see where you are going because i get more cookies when a ad has poped up through WI. its really odd.
SparkleHippo is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #89
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by JenBear
I just had a trojan pop up as I was reading this.. my puter was in a big mess took hubby 2 days to fix it and was from popups here.. I think I may have to leave here also I know my virus protection will catch them but they tell me about them anyway .. and funny how alot of them began to be more frequent after the subscription option...
Excuse me, but are you trying to imply something? I really don't appreciate this one bit. What would I stand to gain from this?

If there were anything coming directly from WI, you would see a block from Google.Com when searching this site, as they constantly scan WI because we are a part of their Adsense network.

Links if you are interested
Concerns About Web Search Results : Results labeled 'This site may harm your computer' - Web Search Help
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch...s_hit_by_m.php
http://consumerist.com/consumer/badv...ick-323718.php
http://www.pcworld.com/article/13012...ost_hacks.html
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2405
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Wh...ds-on-Adwords/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...senger#Malware
Justin is offline Male
Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #90
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
Here's the page that popped up on me. I clicked too fast and thought I was closing it but it scanned and said I had
adware.win32.winad
backdoor.win32.haxdoor.gu
trojan-psw.win32.ldpinch.abm
trojan.qoologic-keylogger
shuer.zsq
w32.mypics.worm.36352
w32.nimdajqmm
trojanhorseirc/backdoor.sdbot4.frv

I don't have a clue what these are or if my computer actually has them or not, or if the program just said I had them and was just trying to get me to click fix it which I didn't. I downloaded the spybot and it found 11 items that were cookie trackers and it fixed them. Would spybot check for all the trojans, and keylogger, worms I listed above? I don't know anything about computers so I don't know if I've properly checked my computer with just spybot. The keylogger worries me the most as it records all your passwords for bank accounts, and any other private passwords. This is so frustrating, especially since we don't know what triggered it but that it was triggered from the WI page. Anyone have any helpful suggestions on whether I've properly fixed my problems or if spybot doesn't check for keyloggers, worms, etc.We have 5 laptops and have never had this problem before. The only computer to have this happen is my computer and I'm the only one on WI. How do we prevent this from popping up from now on when we are on WI? I will definitely close out the window after I read threads instead of leaving it open for awhile.
this is the one that i got.
leahme999 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
malware virus ads, mimzi tag!, mouse noms on tags, use firefox not ie, yo mama