Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Wordy Nerdy Birdy
Webkinz :)
Passerine is a jewel in the roughPasserine is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by WesleyKinz
The best way to avoid getting it is to use Firefox (this virus cannot come thru firefox). If you use IE, you need to enable a malware blocker or spybot (my preference)
I'm using Firefox 3.0 and still encountered this virus, so I don't think that's a foolproof way to avoid it.
Passerine is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
Gift Guru

WesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Passerine
I'm using Firefox 3.0 and still encountered this virus, so I don't think that's a foolproof way to avoid it.
I you are using FF and got infected by this particular virus....you either (1) are not using adblock or (2) not using an appropriate malware.
WesleyKinz is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Wordy Nerdy Birdy
Passerine is a jewel in the roughPasserine is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by WesleyKinz
I you are using FF and got infected by this particular virus....you either (1) are not using adblock or (2) not using an appropriate malware.
Okay. From the way you worded your post, I assumed you meant that just having Firefox as your browser would do the trick. My mistake.
Passerine is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

It's malware. I was on my sisters account on my computer, which doesn't have as much protection as my dads. It made my computer run slow and I know it was WI.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
Banned
scruffy9916 is a jewel in the roughscruffy9916 is a jewel in the rough

I know I have seen that virus before!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #16

margaret is a glorious beacon of lightmargaret is a glorious beacon of lightmargaret is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Passerine
Did this program call itself SpySweeper 2009 (possibly 'SpySweeper 2009 demo') and have a little blue shield with a white stripe running diagonally across it as an icon? If it's the same program I'm thinking of, I ran into it as well, and the only sites I've been on today are WI and some ad-free sites for my courses.

It made its way into my toolbar and would send little pop-up messages saying it detected viruses on my computer, but there were grammar mistakes.

I got rid of mine by entering CTRL + ALT + DELETE to bring up my program manager. The program showed up there and I killed the process that way, then ran a full scan with my antivirus software.
I had this happen to my laptop ( that I keep at work ) last week it was the SpySweeper 2009
pop up it totaly crashed my lap top it took my husband two days of working on it to get it off
what he did was go in to start menu , programs ,system tools ,system restore and set the date the day before you got the viruses . I know I had got it from this website as it was the only one I was on that day I had left my laptop on my desk with WI up got busy with the phone and when I went back on my lap top the SpySweeper 2009 was up and no matter what I did I was not able to get it off so I just shut it down and brought it home . Hopefuly this wont happen agian .
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #17
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

I've been getting alot of viruses from WI (and I get in alot of trouble LOL). Like I got one last night, while I was just on someone's profile page...

~puppies
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #18

pinkswish is on a distinguished road

i have never had one.
pinkswish is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #19
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Angry Re: WI popup/virus problem

I hate when this ad came up! It said my computer wasn't protected, and it works fine!
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #20

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

I Just posted asking about this popping up when I leave WI open and someone directed me to this thread. I would like to say I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening to and that it's not my imagination that it came from WI but this is horrible. It actually scanned my computer but I didn't hit the repair option. It said it found viruses on my computer. So is my computer now infected because of this ad and the fact that it did "scan for viruses"? This just started in the last couple of days, is it because they want you to buy a membership allowing you to turn off the "ads" and if you don't then this ad will keep popping up from now on until you buy a membership? The scan said it found adware, key logger, mypics worm, nimda, trojan horse backdoor, etc. What do I do?
Doggyfan is offline Female
Closed

Tags
malware virus ads, mimzi tag!, mouse noms on tags, use firefox not ie, yo mama