Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #131
Webkinz :)

thok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy day
thok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy daythok999365 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

Well, I think I have gotten a virus from WI. Whenever I go online, not just on WI, but any site, a sudden window pops up, trying to make me download something for "free", or an inappropriate site.

If I got this from WI, then I will not be going on here until something is done about this. I think it's ridiculous that they only way you can remove the ads on here is to become a Webkinz Insider Insider....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #132
star123z

star123z is on a distinguished road

That happened to me too!! It took forever to get out of it!! I wonder or WI really does have a virus. Some of them said that the virus was a very high risk. Weird.....
star123z is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #133
Pround Canadian!
Gifted

jojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to behold

The other day i did a quick scan on the computer and that same Trojan horse thing came up as you showed a3doglife, and i wasn't sure what it was, so i just closed it. At least now i know..
-Jojo
jojo1597 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #134
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by MysticMist
That popup can be "destroyed" by going to WinTerminate screen (Alt+Ctrl+Delete), clicking Task Manager, ending it, ...

Honestly, the only thing the popup does is annoy you; it cannot and willnot harm/scan/touch your computer, even if it says "Scanning C:\Windows\..."...

I realized this after getting Antivirus 2009 popup on a Mac
Do you know what do you do if your on a laptop and it does not have "Del" [delete] button?

All mine has is an "end" button, which does not work with this.

EDIT: I figured it out, amazingly. the delete button was way up in the corner, and it said

del/suppr.
sys rq
syst.

So I never really paid much attention to it.

Last edited by webkinz_lover_; 03-24-2009 at 04:15 PM..
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #135
WHONKâ„¢!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by thok999365
Well, I think I have gotten a virus from WI. Whenever I go online, not just on WI, but any site, a sudden window pops up, trying to make me download something for "free", or an inappropriate site.

If I got this from WI, then I will not be going on here until something is done about this. I think it's ridiculous that they only way you can remove the ads on here is to become a Webkinz Insider Insider....
Its not the only way actually...an add-on for FireFox called "Ad Block Plus" will get rid of the WI Ads, and if your noticing ones that are always being shown as suspicious, I would block them to be sure
vince730 is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #136
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by thok999365
Two weeks ago, there was no way to remove them, would you rather have no option?
Justin is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #137
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Hi there
If you don't want the pop-ups, go to edit options, and at the bottom click, Blue Colours. It takes some getting used to, but it actually takes some of the adds away WITHOUT becoming an Insider insider
EDIT:
Please take note of what Justin said

Last edited by honeyluv55; 03-24-2009 at 06:40 PM..
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #138
owee! Finally I'm a
Banned
♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all

I have had antivirus 2009 come up, and guess what I was doing? I was downloading a webkinz video on an unknown site. I had antivirus, and thought it was an "update" so I let it do its thing. Then it told me I had like 50 viruses, and they ere different kinds, after so much dealing with them, and stuff, calling people asking where to go to fix this and stuff, we contacted a virus place that would go on our computer (without actually physically coming to our house), and delteing the virus, it turned out that it was really only 1 virus telling us that we had several viruses so we'd panic and try to buy some virus killing thing online which was another virus to try and steal out credit card numer....now we have malware-aniti malware virus prgram and it works like a charm.
♥Julia♥ is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #139

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by leahme999
A couple minutes ago i was on the DCT and when I was typing a reply, the browser completely shut down (it didn't exactly shut down; it was more like disappeared because my browser takes a while to exit, while in this situation i could have blinked and it was there and gone) and that little annoying popup saying:
"Your computer is not fully protected against viruses or whatever. Security whatever 2009 blah blah blah will now run a scan on your computer"
and the only option to get out of the popup was ok. i tried pressing alt+F4 (which exits whatever window you're in) and the browser came back up (again, in the blink of an eye) and it was "scanning for viruses". i got that little bar that said this site was trying to download files onto my computer and that it was blocked.

luckily, i've been through this type of junk before and i knew how to get out of it (while it's "scanning for viruses" on that webpage, type in something random into the URL bar and it'll go to like a yahoo search or aol search or something but the popup will be gone). but i'm not sure about some of the other members on WI. There are little kids on here who would have no idea what to do.

i know somebody's gonna say this: it must have come from another site.
but i know it didn't because i got IE8 just this morning (it runs a scan before it installs the new update) and the only other site i've been on is a site that i really trust, and because WI i know has had a history of ads trying to get us. (O.O)

(while i'm on the topic, the talking ads are really getting on my nerves...)

so if the admins can fix this, i'd really like it...i don't want any unprotected computers getting messed up because of WI. Thanks for reading.
yes -this has been happening during every post made, Mom has been redirected to places we have not ever clicked on like the ameritrade pages, weird threads... It has gotten really bad too. mom also said she just did a scan, clean up... because of the complete freeze up earlier today when she was trying to post in this thread she also posted pics of the warnings she received.
It is this site. the ads are very annoying and harmful at this point.

Log in only if is necessary to post then log out. I felt I had to agree with you. but for the basic info there is no need to sign in unless the whole format is going to change to make us pay real cash for viewing.
mom said I must log out of this site right now. bye
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #140
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Two weeks ago, there was no way to remove them, would you rather have no option?
well, some of us still dont because we're still kids and our parents won't pay for "something as silly as WI" (in their words).

we can't change how you run the site. but i think it would be really helpful for all of us if there's not a constant danger of our computers being disabled.

I love WI. I don't want to quit. pretty much nobody does. and everyone's worried now.

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
Hi there
If you don't want the pop-ups, go to edit options, and at the bottom click, Blue Colours. It takes some getting used to, but it actually takes ALL the adds away WITHOUT becoming an Insider insider
thank you soo muchh. I'll spread the word about this. (: rep and WI$
leahme999 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
malware virus ads, mimzi tag!, mouse noms on tags, use firefox not ie, yo mama