Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #121
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)
 
BASMAT's Avatar
BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

LOTS of awful weird things have been going on with my computer 50% of the time i come on wi. it eithe runs realllllllly slow, or i get the talking ads, or i have even had random pages come up that are not wi, but other sites. and i didn not click on a thing. and i have had that one come up too, that everyone is talking about. i have repeatedly had trouble with wi. some days it just doesnt load and other times it freezes.......................... its frustrateing because i love wi and i know it is the ads and not anything justin i doing, but i wish there would be a way to find out for us that this will stop.................... i know it is the ads doing this, but it doesnt seem enough to just say it is the ad people'r responsibility. i would think that if they are not living up to their end of the contract that they should be dropped. but i dont know if that is realistic...................... it is a terrible terrible problem that makes me mad, why some people want to purposely do this to our comuters on purpose...................... so i dont know if these ad peopke can be talked to.......................... that sure would make me feel better. this is the worst its ever been on wi, i have had these kinds of things happen before, but notthis bad. my comptuter was down for a month and i hate to think it was perhaps from wi, since i go to no other forum. could be anywhere anymore................. its jsut so sad that these things are riuining good things for us.............................. i sympathize with the problems this causes ,justin ................ for you and for us. id feel better if i knew the ad people were being talked to.................................. thanks jsutin for trying to keep this a safe place.

i dont know if i can explain this suggestion correctly.................. ill try............... it seems that since the new format came to wi, that we have seen an increase in the ads infecting us............. could it be because now the main page is not separate from the forum? i thought i read that thsi was implimented to make the forum SAFER,,,,,,,,,,,, is it possible that this new feature is making it NOT SAFER? was maybe the old way better? i dont know if this is dumb............................... i dont know much about it except that perhaps the new setup is the problem??????????? idk.

Last edited by BASMAT; 03-24-2009 at 06:52 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #122
dixie8123
Webkinz :)
 
webkinzrule8123's Avatar
webkinzrule8123 has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

Well i just did a sweep on my computer and i found nothing. Including Cookies!1
webkinzrule8123 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #123
Webkinz :)
 
a3doglife's Avatar
a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Re: WI popup/virus problem

I had just tried to get on and keep getting this as I try to type this. What is going on Here on WI ??? I am really getting frustrated with this site and the ad issues - Please change the format back or get ads with no malware... It keeps trying to change my search provider now and has not infected my computer because of the protection I have but It does cause IE to freeze and become non-responsive with each visit. no matter what area on WI we visit...oh another warning...please fix this asap or some other site for webkinz info will become more used because of the non virus issues. We all need to make money but not at the expense of users computer systems & if it is a hassle to use this site because of these problems the you wont make the money anyway. just like webkinz world the problems are becoming too many for most users to even try anymore. I really enjoyed WI last year I think it worked the best then before all the changes.

it has had another warning while I have been typing this again.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzrule8123
Well i just did a sweep on my computer and i found nothing. Including Cookies!1
Even with the sweep, the malware viruses are stored on your computer in hidden folders and download your every keystroke including sites visited and passwords. and this leads to identiy theft... good luck.

this is my last visit on WI until I get and email from mods stating that is is fixed, I won't return. to this site

It's a shame because my kids & I liked it here on WI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgIMG_6039.JPG (50.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpgIMG_6040.JPG (32.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by a3doglife; 06-04-2009 at 10:39 PM..
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #124
hat Remains.
 
MysticMist's Avatar
MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

A wonderful tip is to use AdBlock Plus, an extension for Firefox that should automatically block all harmful scripts.
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #125
Webkinz :)
 
snakeboy130's Avatar
snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!snakeboy130 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

Truth be told people, if you are worried about viruses you can get viruses from basically ANY site. Youtube, Ebay, etc. All those can give visurses. Its the risk of going on the internet sometimes. My sister does a check on my computor once every couple of months. She deletes cookies, tries to get rid of viruses, etc. Maybe you should have an adult do that.
snakeboy130 is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #126
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted
 
leahme999's Avatar
leahme999 has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by snakeboy130
Truth be told people, if you are worried about viruses you can get viruses from basically ANY site. Youtube, Ebay, etc. All those can give visurses. Its the risk of going on the internet sometimes. My sister does a check on my computor once every couple of months. She deletes cookies, tries to get rid of viruses, etc. Maybe you should have an adult do that.
i do it about once per week.

i go on a lot of other sites, and i've never gotten any viruses from any site other than polyvore (which is fixed now) and WI.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...arm-my-485706/
let's face it, it's not really helping our reputation as the greatest Webkinz site (other than WW itself) on the web.

Last edited by leahme999; 03-24-2009 at 02:34 PM..
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #127
Webkinz :)
 
Doggyfan's Avatar
Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
LOTS of awful weird things have been going on with my computer 50% of the time i come on wi. it eithe runs realllllllly slow, or i get the talking ads, or i have even had random pages come up that are not wi, but other sites. and i didn not click on a thing. and i have had that one come up too, that everyone is talking about. i have repeatedly had trouble with wi. some days it just doesnt load and other times it freezes.......................... its frustrateing because i love wi and i know it is the ads and not anything justin i doing, but i wish there would be a way to find out for us that this will stop.................... i know it is the ads doing this, but it doesnt seem enough to just say it is the ad people'r responsibility. i would think that if they are not living up to their end of the contract that they should be dropped. but i dont know if that is realistic...................... it is a terrible terrible problem that makes me mad, why some people want to purposely do this to our comuters on purpose...................... so i dont know if these ad peopke can be talked to.......................... that sure would make me feel better. this is the worst its ever been on wi, i have had these kinds of things happen before, but notthis bad. my comptuter was down for a month and i hate to think it was perhaps from wi, since i go to no other forum. could be anywhere anymore................. its jsut so sad that these things are riuining good things for us.............................. i sympathize with the problems this causes ,justin ................ for you and for us. id feel better if i knew the ad people were being talked to.................................. thanks jsutin for trying to keep this a safe place.

i dont know if i can explain this suggestion correctly.................. ill try............... it seems that since the new format came to wi, that we have seen an increase in the ads infecting us............. could it be because now the main page is not separate from the forum? i thought i read that thsi was implimented to make the forum SAFER,,,,,,,,,,,, is it possible that this new feature is making it NOT SAFER? was maybe the old way better? i dont know if this is dumb............................... i dont know much about it except that perhaps the new setup is the problem??????????? idk.
My thoughts exactly. This just started happening and we would like to know that it's being looked into and the problem is being resolved. There's too many of us confirming that this is coming from WI and just started at that. We don't want to be told that it's the ads, we know this, but the ads are on WI therefore it reflects on WI. I enjoy WI and realize that I'm just one person who comes on here so if I leave it won't really matter to anyone but me. The risk of infecting our computers is scary because most people can't afford to just go out and buy new ones or have theirs fixed. Please let us know that you are looking into where this is coming from and you sympathize with us.
Doggyfan is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #128
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by snakeboy130
Truth be told people, if you are worried about viruses you can get viruses from basically ANY site. Youtube, Ebay, etc. All those can give visurses. Its the risk of going on the internet sometimes. My sister does a check on my computor once every couple of months. She deletes cookies, tries to get rid of viruses, etc. Maybe you should have an adult do that.

Yes, I know, but my virus have been linked to here, sadly.
andrewhoya is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #129
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted
 
leahme999's Avatar
leahme999 has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
My thoughts exactly. This just started happening and we would like to know that it's being looked into and the problem is being resolved. There's too many of us confirming that this is coming from WI and just started at that. We don't want to be told that it's the ads, we know this, but the ads are on WI therefore it reflects on WI. I enjoy WI and realize that I'm just one person who comes on here so if I leave it won't really matter to anyone but me. The risk of infecting our computers is scary because most people can't afford to just go out and buy new ones or have theirs fixed. Please let us know that you are looking into where this is coming from and you sympathize with us.
well said. (:
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #130
hat Remains.
 
MysticMist's Avatar
MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: WI popup/virus problem

That popup can be "destroyed" by going to WinTerminate screen (Alt+Ctrl+Delete), clicking Task Manager, ending it, ...

Honestly, the only thing the popup does is annoy you; it cannot and willnot harm/scan/touch your computer, even if it says "Scanning C:\Windows\..."...

I realized this after getting Antivirus 2009 popup on a Mac
MysticMist is offline Male
Closed

Tags
malware virus ads, mimzi tag!, mouse noms on tags, use firefox not ie, yo mama

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts