Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 
Default WI PM and Post Timing Issues

Hi everyone, I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE WI!!! I am a true supporter!!!! I have to mention though that I'm getting extremely frustrated with the short time allowed to compose a message. I have just spent the past half an hour trying to compose a very nice note to a friend in PM....and after the second paragraph or so, I get kicked out. All my hard work and well worded sentences are gone...and thus the thought process which goes into a well constructed letter. Is there something I'm not doing to enable me to actually take five minutes to write something??? Would a well-seasoned vet please advise accordingly. Thank you!!!! CJ
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
charmingly
Gift Guru

mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!mootooyou is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 
Default Re: WI PM and Post Timing Issues

i have never been logged out of WI... im not sure i understand exactly what you are saying. are you being logged out where you need to log back in?
mootooyou is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

76dimples has disabled reputation

I don't think there's a time limit on posting a message here.. It kinda sounds like something may be set wrong on your PC or something its wrong with your PC..

If I'm typing something long I usually just type it into something like Notepad and then just copy and paste it to a message here.
76dimples is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

I know there is a 20-second interval between posts, but I don't think there is a logging out issue. I think it might be your computer, maybe you should clear your browser cache.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

Thanks everyone for your input. No, it's not my computer. It happens to be both from home and the hi-tech environment at my work as well. I've read another thread just this morning, posted here with the same issues...WI is having the problem, not us with our own computers. That's a relief! I do like the suggestion of posting it on notepad first and then just pasting it! Thanks all! CJ
Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

That has happened to me before...
From what I've heard, WI is on two servers because its too big, and when one overloads... I guess thats the response. I don't really know, but you can try typing elsewhere and copy and paste the text to the PM box, or come back later . I've also heard that 'remember me', when checked, can help .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
oohoo!!!
Webkinz :)

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

When you go to log in, try clicking on the little box that says "Remember Me." I think that's supposed to help. I know the feeling, that's happened to me several times, it's very frustrating. It says that you can't post a message because you aren't logged on, but you know that you logged on, and all that work is gone...... I usually stick my tongue out at the screen and leave, I never bother to re-post.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I have been having trouble on this site for a while now. actually since Christmas or so & the little pluses don't open thread topic to read it.
I can no longer click smiles and insert them into posts and or put them on friends message boards ...none of the cool stuff works & IE won't let me insert pics from my album either.
It's a drag & hope it all gets fixed soon.
most posts don't even load or the page gets stuck.
I do notice that some of the Advertisements also have a virus attached to them & maybe the virus protection on our computers is blocking some of the sites pages from opening too because of those ads. I also find some of the ads very inappropriate for kids. Especially those that have to do with self esteem issues- kids have enough to deal with without having adult insecurities pushed in their little faces with every click of the mouse. WI, Please choose more kid friendly ads soon and remove those others. thanks & to everyone a Great Day. J

oh I have done all the things suggested below and none have changed the fact that pages don't load and getting logged out like we were never signed in . I has happened to me as recent as yesterday twice

Last edited by a3doglife; 02-06-2009 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: added a line
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #9

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Sometimes if I am writing a really long note if I did not press "remember me" when I logged in I will get logged out due to inactivity. Could that be the reason? I'm not sure what is effecting it, just putting another idea out there.

On the topic of advertisements - if you see an inappropriate one, please take a screen shot & note the date, time & which banner you saw it on (left, top, bottom, etc) and send the information on to an Admin. They will look into it and have it removed if they agree that should be. --- WI is signed up for Family friendly ads, but sometimes things slip thru and we have to be on top of reporting these findings.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Gift Trainee

76dimples has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
I have been having trouble on this site for a while now. actually since Christmas or so & the little pluses don't open thread topic to read it.
I can no longer click smiles and insert them into posts and or put them on friends message boards ...none of the cool stuff works & IE won't let me insert pics from my album either.
It's a drag & hope it all gets fixed soon.
most posts don't even load or the page gets stuck.
I do notice that some of the Advertisements also have a virus attached to them & maybe the virus protection on our computers is blocking some of the sites pages from opening too because of those ads. I also find some of the ads very inappropriate for kids. Especially those that have to do with self esteem issues- kids have enough to deal with without having adult insecurities pushed in their little faces with every click of the mouse. WI, Please choose more kid friendly ads soon and remove those others. thanks & to everyone a Great Day. J

oh I have done all the things suggested below and none have changed the fact that pages don't load and getting logged out like we were never signed in . I has happened to me as recent as yesterday twice
I couldn't agree more.. I myself find some of the ads here rather offensive and have resorted to a ad blocking program to block them.. If you ask me Google Ads needs to make more kid friendly links for this site.. Also note that every time one of us here clicks on a Google Ad then WI get's funds added to there Google ad awards account.
76dimples is offline Female
Closed