Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI Donors :) Quick Question

View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
justin, i like the idea a lot. the ads that are running now keep refreshing the pages on me and i have to wait to finish posts or threads and it gets very annoying.
i would definitely donate just to have the option to have the ads not show up. that is awesome and i hope that yu can get it set up, implemented and in use soon.

thanks for the info... i love the idea. keep us informed.
I shall, it's just a great deal to put all the systems together so that I don't end up creating extra work for the staff! I have to have the back-end integrate with Paypal so that subscriptions and donations are verified automatically, create special usergroups and work on the template to make the ads disappear for those subscribers who choose not to see them, a couple other "secret things" that may go into play, along with FAQs for all of it!
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I shall, it's just a great deal to put all the systems together so that I don't end up creating extra work for the staff! I have to have the back-end integrate with Paypal so that subscriptions and donations are verified automatically, create special usergroups and work on the template to make the ads disappear for those subscribers who choose not to see them, a couple other "secret things" that may go into play, along with FAQs for all of it!
can you set up a paypal so we can pay mother nature to take the snow out of my yard ?
miss spots is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
Webkinz :)

idog1995 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think a while ago there was a fundraising to help Philip and his family. But right now, there isn't one
And who is Philip, if I may ask?
idog1995 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by idog1995
And who is Philip, if I may ask?
phillip was the nephew of one of the former members on wi. he had cancer and was the adopted loved one on wi. he passed away last summer( i think it was summer could have been early fall) but you might see references to waffles also...that was also for him.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Hmmm... I like the idea of having WI use subscriptions. It has a lot of potential and possibilitis.
But I am concerned with this. Would you HAVE to pay to continue to be a member of the site? I am all for those willingly want to donate, but if this becomes a site that requires payment for entrance, I think you would lose a huge portion of the active members here for participate so much. I am not sure I understand your idea of the site having subscriptions. <I get confused easily> This is something that I could use some help in understanding your concept better.... but I do understand if you'd rather not let too much out of the bag yet. I just wanted to express my concern that with the economy the way it is, I know a lot of members would be unable to stay and pay to play, if that becomes the case.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
Hmmm... I like the idea of having WI use subscriptions. It has a lot of potential and possibilitis.
But I am concerned with this. Would you HAVE to pay to continue to be a member of the site? I am all for those willingly want to donate, but if this becomes a site that requires payment for entrance, I think you would lose a huge portion of the active members here for participate so much. I am not sure I understand your idea of the site having subscriptions. <I get confused easily> This is something that I could use some help in understanding your concept better.... but I do understand if you'd rather not let too much out of the bag yet. I just wanted to express my concern that with the economy the way it is, I know a lot of members would be unable to stay and pay to play, if that becomes the case.
They way I understood Justin to say it is the way that a lot of other forums I've been on do it. Anyone and everyone can be a member, first and foremost. No donations required.

He also said it would be a subscription system, so I would think that for "x" level, you get to remove the ads if you wish. Maybe a "y" level would offer some other incentive. Or, it could be just the length of the subscription. We could pay it monthly, quarterly, yearly, or maybe a lifetime one. (This is just my guess-I understand I could be way, way off)

I hope this maybe puts it a little more into layman's terms. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.
AddictedMom is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #17
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by AddictedMom
They way I understood Justin to say it is the way that a lot of other forums I've been on do it. Anyone and everyone can be a member, first and foremost. No donations required.

Or, it could be just the length of the subscription. We could pay it monthly, quarterly, yearly, or maybe a lifetime one. (This is just my guess-I understand I could be way, way off)

I hope this maybe puts it a little more into layman's terms. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.
Yep, you got it right and your second "idea" is what I am putting in place
Justin is offline Male
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Justin, you're the only person I know who uses "back-end integrate with Paypal" in everyday conversation.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Well, I think it's a wonderful idea, so long as no one is forced to make a decision to pay in order to stay a member. I like the idea of doing the donations, and am looking forward to the donation playform working again. I was just a little leary that many members would not be able to 'afford' to stay here in WI if the basic forum required some form of payment/donation in order to see the forum. Thanks for the clarifications.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Gifted
bawtneez is a forum hero
bawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum hero

Donation Award 

I like the idea as well...I'd gladly donate a few dollars to have no ads, and to keep the site running. But, like Mama said, requiring members to pay to actually go on the site would probably lose a lot of active members.
bawtneez is offline Male
Closed