Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Exclamation ♥ Webkinz Insider Dictionary (with Abbreviations and Helpful Links!) 125+ Definitions/Abbreviations & Counting! Have you always what wanted to know what BUMP or DD was? They are both in the guide along with SOOO many more! ♥

Webkinz Insider Dictionary
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE RATED THIS THREAD!

So we have all come across abbreviations and words on Webkinz Insider that made us say "Wait, what?" I know that was me when I first started on here. What I think would have been very helpful to me when I started is a Webkinz Insider Dictionary. I have now made one and am including abbreviations, definitions, and even important links!

Please let me know if there is a word or abbreviation that you would like me to add to the lists and I will do so! Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to ask. I did not know what DD, DS, DH, or DW was for the longest time and when I finally asked, I was so relieved just to know!

Now, read on for the list! I am ALWAYS open to things to add!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbreviations

AC- Ancient Civilizations Theme
AFK- Away From Keyboard
AVVIE- Avatar
B- Be
BBL- Be Back Later
BC- Because
BRB- Be Right Back
BTW- By The Way
BUMP- Bring Up My Post
CS- Curio Shop
CSO- Curio Shop Only
DD- Dearest Daughter
DH- Dearest Husband
DS- Dearest Son
DW- Dearest Wife
DCT- Daily Chat Thread
DEF- Definitely
DOM- Dear Old Mom
DOD- Dear Old Dad
EMP- Edit My Post
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
FB- Feedback
FIYA- On Fire, Hot!
FR- Friend Request
FSI- Figurine Specific Item
FYI- For Your Information
GC- Gifted Coach
GE- Gift Exchange
GEDCT- Gift Exchange Daily Chat Thread
GG- Gift Guru
GT- Gift Trainee
IDC- I Don't Care
IDK- I Don't Know
IMO- In My Opinion
IMHO- In My Humble Opinion
IMHO- In My Honest Opinion
INBD- It's No Big Deal
JK- Just Kidding
JFC- Jesus Freak Club
JLMK- Just Let Me Know
KA- Kinzville Academy
KC- Kinzcash
KT- Kinz Time
KWIM- Know What I Mean
L8R G8R- Later Gator
LMBO- Laughing My Bottom Off
LMHO- Laughing My Hair Off
LMK- Let Me Know
LOL- Laugh Out Loud
LYK- Let You Know
LYLAS- Love You Like A Sister
NVMD- Never mind
NM- Not Much
NP- No Problem
OMG- Oh My Gosh
PLMK- Please Let Me Know
PLZ- Please
PM- Private Message
POTM- Pet Of The Month
PPL- People
PSF- Pet Specific Food
PSI- Pet Specific Item
R- Are
ROFL- Rolling On Floor Laughing
ROFLMBO - Rolling On Floor Laughing My Bottom Off
RP- Reputation Point
RPG- Role Play Game
SIGGY- Signature
SP- Spelling
TC- Trading Card
TGIF- Thank Goodness It's Friday
TIA- Thanks In Advance
TFTA- Thanks For The Add
TTFN- Ta Ta For Now
TP- Top Poster (typically in DCT)
TTYL- Talk To You Later
TS- Training Section
TWLTM - Team We Love This Music
TY- Thank You
TYVM- Thank You Very Much
U- You
WC- Webkinz Coast
W/E- Whatever
WW- Webkinz World
WKW- Webkinz World
WI- Webkinz Insider
WIGEV- Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange Value
WIMAP- Webkinz Insider Members Against Pessimistic
WT- Webkinz Town
VM- Visitor Message
VP- Virtual Pet
VTC- Virtual Trading Card
xD or XD - LOL
Y- Why
YQW- You're Quite Welcome
YW- You're Welcome
YWVM- You're Welcome Very Much

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitions

Bump- Somebody might do this to a thread that has been lost in the shuffle of all the other threads. They are "bumping" the thread to the top by posting on it so it "bumps" back up to the top of it's section. It stands for Bump Up My Post and is ONLY allowed to be used in the Gift Exchange section of the website.

Daily Chat Thread (DCT)- Found in Open Mike where you can chat all you want!

Fluff- A post that is of no meaning and is not helping, guiding, answering a question of any sort.

Gift Exchange- Where Gifted and Gift Gurus exchange items.

The Gift Exchange Daily Chat (GEDCT)- Where the Gifted Members and Gift Gurus chat, help and have fun!

Gifted- Title for members who are allowed to exchange gifts in the GE but do not have GG status. They may exchange gifts on threads only, not through PMs.

Gift Guru- Gifted members who have more than 50 exchanges after becoming Gifted, 100 posts on WI, 30 days as a Gifted member, have shown excellent GE behavior.

Gifted Coach- Gift Gurus who have been chosen to teach and guide GTs through exchanging gifts on WI.

Gifted Trainee- WI members who have applied to become Gifted, been accepted, and are in the process of learning how the GE works. GTs may only exchange gifts with other GTs, and GCs.

Mergie/Merger- A merged post where you post two posts consecutively that merge together.

Post Count- The total number of posts you have posted in the forums.

Private Message- A message that you can send to a user that is not public and only you and the other person can see it.

Rep Points- This is something that you can give to somebody when you see something that you feel was above and beyond the call of duty. This is only something that they see so it a nice way to show somebody that what they did was recognized without broadcasting it to everybody.

Sticky Thread- 'Sticky' threads are created by moderators or administrators (?), and remain 'stuck' to the top of the listing, even if they haven't had any posts recently. Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times.

Ten Letter Rule- Well, here on WI, there is a "10 letter rule" which means every post has to be at least 10 letters long. So, if someone makes a post like "wow" that is less then 10 letters, they will add *ten letter rule* after it just to make there post longer. You are not allowed to do this though, it is against WI rules plus you should be able to say more then just that. Put some effort into your posts and really make them count!

Training Section- The section of the forum where GTs learn how to exchange gifts on WI. The TS is only open to Administrators, Moderators, GCs, and GTs.

**Gift Exchange definitions courtesy of WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information**

Links

Webkinz Insider Official Gift Exchange Information:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/webkinzinsider-official-gift-t219641.html

The Official Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange Value Guide:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/official-webkinz-insider-t141017.html

WI Staff and Moderators:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-staff-and-t18050.html

Forum Rules:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/faq.php

Gift Guru Qualification and Application:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/gift-guru-qualification-t123416.html

Question thread for new Gifted Trainee Program:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/question-thread-new-t218423.html

Katz' Tips on How to use the Forums:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/katz-tips-use-t48782.html

If you have any abbreviations, definitions, or links for me to add then let me know!

Last edited by LilyRose; 05-30-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: added new ones!
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

Default Re: ♥ Webkinz Insider Dictionary (with Abbreviations and Helpful Links!) ♥

Very helpful, thank you for solving a mystery for me!

I can't think of anything to add, but I'm sure someone else will.

Very good idea.

Last edited by AnthonysMommy; 07-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: removing shell
Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Webkinz Lovers are
Gifted

cheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ♥ Webkinz Insider Dictionary (with Abbreviations and Helpful Links!) ♥

Thanks!! I've wondering what DD means!!

---------- cheekyluver123 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

oh, i give u a rep point~

Last edited by cheekyluver123; 05-09-2008 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cheekyluver123 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
PofNatey

thank you very much for making this!! It's so helpful!!
rep points for you!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

Very cool idea and quite informative...I'll let you know if I think of anything
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Glad to help everybody!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

DCT is the Daily Chat Thread found in open mike
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
DCT is the Daily Chat Thread found in open mike
Thanks! I added it!

Last edited by LilyRose; 05-09-2008 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #9
I ♥
Webkinz :)

decemberborn is on a distinguished road

Cool thank you! Good job! Rep point for you!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #10
R U smarter than
Gift Guru

$weet$tuff has a spectacular aura about$weet$tuff has a spectacular aura about

good info!!!Thanks!
$weet$tuff is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a rockhead was here, abbreviations, bob ♥ loves maddie, dudeness was here (:, extremely helpful!, great guide!, great help, great job! :d lala, great thread!, hailee, hayley was here, helpful hints, hi neighbor, lollipop gives reppy 2 u, miss sparkle ♥, random to the extreme, scissors was here!, the coup was here, vacuum cleaners!, very helpful!-blackie_lab, ~smiley101~>>rockinthread