Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Webkinzgurl23

Default WI Ads idea!

I know the susbriction for the WI thing is to pay for the forum but some people can't pay that and also find some of the ads repulsive/offensive. What if there was a way to remove the ads withouting paying? I know its highly unlikely but I find some of the google ads very offensive and I thought this idea should be posted. I mean, what 14(not my age!) year old girl wants to look at a diet pill to lose weight? I know I wouldn't. And some kids might even leave WI because of the ads and because they can't pay. Who agrees that removing the ads should be allowed to everyone who can't pay?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Default Re: WI Ads idea!

I totally agree!! Some of these adds are just plain dumb. Some of them do need to be removed. But I don't have the money to pay to get rid of them! And I bet many people would agree! What do you say Webkinz Insider?
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
Webkinzgurl23

And what if there was a VIP folder/forum? People could pay the same amount for the subscriptions but get a couple extra forums avaible to no one else? That way WI could still get money and the ads would then be gone! And they would have a special plaque below their avatar and the post count saying: I'm a VIP
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Although that would be nice, ads are the one of the only ways WI can make money. Those companies pay WI to run their ads and that's where the moohla comes from. When you pay to be and insider insider, that money makes up for what they would get from the ad on your account.
So if they made it okay for everyone to disable them, WI wouldn't make enough money, and possibly no more WI, unfortunately.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
lizzie
Gifted

tacobell222 has disabled reputation

There is a filter I heard for family ads only, and some get past the filter. If you feel that one is really totally not good contact a mod or admin or Justin.
tacobell222 is offline Female
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
hip my hair back and
Webkinz :)
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

If you see an inappropriate ad, you can send it to a mod/admin.
WI gets paid by these companies. If the ads were taken away, without us having to pay, WI might not be able to stay running.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I can understand how this idea would be very appealing but as others have said that is WI makes money. It costs a lot of money to pay for such a large website as WI per month and those ads help make it possible.

The subscription service allows those who can do so to pay instead of viewing those ads.

WI is signed up for family advertisements but does not get to preview the ads that are run. Sometimes some inappropriate ads make it through.

If you find an offensive ad notify and administrator and they can pm Justin, he can then manually block that certain ad from the site.

I agree that there are many ads that are not appropriate and I have notified the staff when I see one.

If the ads were removed completely WI may have to become a pay only site and then anyone who can't afford the subscription would not have WI anymore!
Meow Face is offline Female
Closed