Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: WI?

I agree with the cluttered part... but not really with the RPing comment. In my opinion, RPing on WI really should be this strict. This is a children's website, and I feel that if we RPers want to have more freedom... we could just go to another site. Also, I feel that it would be quite rude to dispose of someone's RP just because there are others like it. However, I do agree that no more should be accepted until a few more 'die of old age'. That's just me opinion, though.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

Sorry, but I kind of disagree. I think WI has the perfect number of topics (Enough that there's always a place to post a thread, and not too many), and the rules in the RP section are strict because WI always has to do their best to keep people safe, even when it may cost members whon wouldn't do harm some fun. Rules are rules, and they must be followed. As for there being to many warrior cat RPs, more than one fo those are allowed because although they're very similiar in topic, each RP has somehting new to offer, and different RPers to enjoy it with. If we only had one PR for every topic, very few members would get to own them, and you would have very little choice of which RP to go to.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
Gifted

Cheerleader98 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by trouble226
Yeah, I've been a member here for quite a while, and I would just like to make a few suggestions to "clean up" WI.

First of all, I would like to point out that I find WI...cluttered.
I think there are too many of the same topics.
Though please correct me if I'm wrong.

And in the RP section, I find the rules a bit too...err...strict.
And I really think that there are a bit too many Warrior Cats RP's.

These are my thoughts, and maybe mine alone.
I just thought I would share this to possibly help WI.
Yes, there is DawnClan, Lulabell's version, and Rose, Mist, Were, Vamp, ect, and another one that escapes me mind....
<I am a very active roleplayer>

But even though these may be based off of Warrior Cats, they're all unique in every single way, just like every member here on WI. :]
Cheerleader98 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

I do agree about the warrior cats-I find it completely off topic of anything Webkinz, and it seems to get a little ridiculous to me....People should find a different site to post that stuff. (Its just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anybody.)

I think that instead of deleting threads, there should be three bottoms at the bottom of each forum section, One for NEW POSTS (that aren't closed) It would be normally selected. But, then if you wanted to see the OLD POSTS (that ARE closed) you could click the other bottom. Then, I think there should be a third button for BOTH (closed and not closed) for people who like it the original way.
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by sarocks7
I had the same idea but I only think WI should delete closed threads (except don't delete them from your thread list or that would be very puny)
If they deleted them completely, I think you would lose your posts... Unless they move them to a "basket", or hidden forum.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #16
Banned
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

I do agree. I get tired of the same old boring pollz and the warrior cat RP's. Its just...so...just as you said..CLUTTERED!
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male
Old 05-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
I do agree about the warrior cats-I find it completely off topic of anything Webkinz, and it seems to get a little ridiculous to me....People should find a different site to post that stuff. (Its just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anybody.)
I agree with this. This is a Webkinz site, and although I do think there should be a forum for off-topic talk, such as the Open Mike forum, I don't think there should be so much non-Webkinz stuff. I also don't get the point of the role play thing being on this site. It has nothing to do with Webkinz, and you can't even really claim it's off-topic talk since it's like a game. That's just my opinion, though.

Edited to add: I just went to look, and the Role Playing Forum is under "Our Members' Creations" which is under "It's All About the Webkinz". Can some one tell me what Role Playing has to do with Webkinz? To me, it should be under the "It's a Social Thing" forum.

Last edited by MamaDragon3; 05-22-2010 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Adding
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #18
webkinz_forever

If you don't like the section, don't visit it.
While I agree that this isn't a writers' site (and that's where roleplays should be) pretty much every site does have off topic things.
Eliminating stuff like that would mean that you'd loose a TON of members who have grown out of webkinz, like me, but still stay here for the friends and roleplaying and DCTing.
I'd insert a shameless pitch for a writing/roleplaying site, but that's probably not a smart thing to do.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 AM   #19
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Like CanesFan said, flag duplicate threads. The Warrior Cats are VERY popular, and I think they have several story lines going to accomodate lots of different people that want to be a part of it. The rules are strict probably because this is a site that should be appropriate for kids.

Agreed. In my opinion those happen to be the best books ever, and a lot of other people like them to. And yes, not all the threads have the same story line but if you see one that does you should red flag the newest one
labsrock is offline Female
Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #20

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by trouble226
Yeah, I've been a member here for quite a while, and I would just like to make a few suggestions to "clean up" WI.

First of all, I would like to point out that I find WI...cluttered.
I think there are too many of the same topics.
Though please correct me if I'm wrong.

And in the RP section, I find the rules a bit too...err...strict.
And I really think that there are a bit too many Warrior Cats RP's.

These are my thoughts, and maybe mine alone.
I just thought I would share this to possibly help WI.
The rules may seem strict, but as others have said that is to provide some clear outlines to what is acceptable to write, and what is not. In the end, this is to save us all some time--I'd hate to see someone write a beautiful post and then loose it because we find it outside of an allowable limit.

What you will find is a lot of role play sites will have similar rules, even if their restrictions are a little bit different. No role playing area will allow you to god model or power play, that is just not allowed ever.

The rules are clear, easy to follow, and allows us to all see what is OK and what is not OK. But if you have any questions about any you can PM me at any time, and I'll help you.

As for the Warrior cats:

Warrior cats is by far the most requested idea by any member, second would be wolves. We currently have five threads that are active, growing, and in demand in that section. And those who run them do a fantastic job to make their thread unique and have a special "flavour".

Obviously, the structure of the clans, ranks, medicine, naming rituals, etc. will be the same as it comes from a well established series of books. The threads allow members to create unique worlds, while having the guidelines and rituals written out for them. Just like Hogwarts does for Harry Potter worlds, the spells are already there and well established. Everyone knows the spells and what is allowed and what is not within that world.

The threads were not all approved at once, and they come as we feel the section demands another or could use another "flavour" of Warrior cats or cats. Members have also done a great job to adapt these warrior cats to wolves/dogs, horses and lions. You have a lot of prides and clans running around the role play section, but these threads are fun and enjoyed.

We try and keep a great balance going, but we also have to listen to the demands of the section. A lot of thought goes into what threads are approved each time we set out to do this! Due to the fact we still have ideas of wolves/cats coming in, there will be more threads like that in the future. And as long as they are enjoyed, we will continue to add them.

View Post Originally Posted by labsrock
Agreed. In my opinion those happen to be the best books ever, and a lot of other people like them to. And yes, not all the threads have the same story line but if you see one that does you should red flag the newest one
Threads will not be closed just due to a one or two similar story lines. Overlap is going to happen, but it rarely does as our members tend to be active on each others threads and participating on stories/plots.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany♥