Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
Gifted
HMLilly is on a distinguished road

Default Webkinz Gorilla Question/Problem

We just purchase the webkinz gorilla from our local hallmark where we have purchased all our webkinz. Got it home and looked at it more closely and the stitching is very loose. I haven't ever had that problem with other webkinz. However the thing that strikes me as the most odd is that the eyes are sewn/put on completely crooked. The left one is much higher (almost the full eye lenth) than the right one. I looked at the pictures online of the plush webkinz gorillas and the eyes all looked even.

Does anybody else have the gorillia and are they eyes supposed to be crooked (it bugs me for some reason)?

The loose stitching and the eyes almost make it seem counterfeit although I don't believe it is. I think it's more likely its poor quality that slipped through QC

Anybody else buy a webkinz

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

Default Re: Webkinz Gorilla Question/Problem

my alley cats eyyes are crooked...
tee1000 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Gift Guru

princesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clownprincesspup2007 is cool as a bunny clown

My mother said that ganz doesn't put much care or quality into thier plush products.
princesspup2007 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

I bought 3 german shepherds today and had to sew up small holes on two when we got them home. I usually do a pretty through search of the plush before I buy it. A few mishaps do slip through occasionally. I think Ganz puts alot of care, but there are going to be a few things that slip by from time to time.

And yes, the gorilla is a little goofy-eyed - lol!
smitchell is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

most of ours are ok, but i do have an elephant who has one foot much smaller than the other three. that one frustrated me because the store i got it from (when on vacation) kept them all behind the counter and wouldn't let me look at them to choose.

but my daughter does have a gorilla and we looked, and it's eyes are straight and the stitching seems fine.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
GrampaNGrama
Gifted
MamaKinz is on a distinguished road

Yes, I too have been disappointed by the quality of the work of the Webkinz. I even have one Dalmation that has a flawed fabric and it is so bad... I am thinking of sending it back to them for a replacement. But I haven't had time to do that. I am certainly not going to adopt a pet that I can't stand to look at. I agree... the workmanship is poor. And it isn't just now. My granddaughter got a Unicorn way before it was retired and then later a pink pony and both had ripped open stomachs... I mean never sewed up. I sewed them up because she had adopted them already but ever since then I've been more careful at what I chose for us and our household.
Closed