Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #21
Is Justin a
Webkinz :)

grundoluvir will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Nice point!!!!!!!!!! i tottaly agree!
grundoluvir is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #22
ishing for

Sailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
I have been venturing around the forum for a few minutes and have came across at least three signatures that really just made me like you couldn't imagine. Each of the signatures had a picture obviously just to show of their WW collection but it wasn't the picture that got to me, it was the words that came with it.

In various ways, it blatantly said, "I guess some people really DO have it all..." and that just really got to me. If you want to put a picture showing your retired items in your signature--go for it, be proud! BUT, but, but...don't add a comment with it that might make other people feel bad about their own collection.

I really have no problem with pictures showing your most prized possesions but really do you have to add, "I guess I really have it all" or "I suppose I am the best" or something of the sort? ??? The answer is no. Don't be vain and don't be conceited. It's not AT ALL appealing to anyone.

Alright, my rant is officially over.

Funny, I thought the very same thing 20 minutes ago when I saw the same signature you speak of.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #23
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

No we arent that stupid!
It is one thing having a pic of a red lava and it's like COME TO MY FANTABULUS GE!
It is another to be like I bet you dont have the freakin red lava! hahaha!
Thank you!
~mm
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #24
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I agree. I've seen lots of signatures with at least the word "I have" and "My BIG collection". It sorta makes me down because I only have about 22 Webkinz. But yes, I really feel proud for them, though!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #25
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I know goldy!
I have like 50 but im not like haha U only have 22 I GET 500000000000 webkinz a year!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 04:13 AM   #26
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

I agree with yah.
The words in their siggy were conceited and it may make a new member feel bad about what they have.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 AM   #27
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

I am proud of my meager collection of pixels & I never feel badly because others have more. No one's siggies has ever bothered me, no matter what they say, because WI does a great job of maintaining a fair site. I do understand that others feel offended, though.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #28
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Yes people can be vain and conceited. But mainly in these cases, I bet they probably just don't think about how those words could come across before they type them.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #29
ebkinz addict! :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover1264
I agree but people don't really feel bad i mean it just a sigge. I think your overreacting. No offense.
Some people might be offended. You never know! There might be someone who got a new item and is so proud of themselves. They see the siggie and might start to feel down because someone is basically saying: "I have it all" Just like I <3 Webkinz said.

Last edited by ColliesRAwesome; 10-25-2008 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: misspelling
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #30

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

I see where you are coming from. However -

Looking at the context of the signature, I really believe it is probably meant it as a joke. & Not to offend anyone. I highly doubt the respected user meant to use their signature or picture in a way to upset other members.

However, if something does offended. Remember to flag it.
Flag a post and explain the signature is a little offensive and you'd like a mod to look into it.

That way the mod/admin can speak with them and make a judgment from there on.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Closed