Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
Very random
Gift Guru
 
adorcfish's Avatar
adorcfish is just really niceadorcfish is just really nice

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

I just find it amazing that those siggy's (and house threads) are not considered bragging but making a thread that says "I got a token trophy in a trade and I am soooo happy" is. Why is it that some people get banned or demoted for bragging but those kind of siggy's and house threads are allowed??
adorcfish is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Gifted
 
NVAMMOM's Avatar
NVAMMOM will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

I think that we may be confusing conciet for just plain old pride. If someone is really proud of all the hard work they put into thier collection, why not show it off here. I mean, where else are they going to show it off? Who else is going to relate to that pride of getting something really great? Let's all be proud of each other and not be so competitive.
NVAMMOM is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #13
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Quote:
I agree but people don't really feel bad i mean it just a sigge. I think your overreacting. No offense.
There are ways to say what you want to say...kindly.
Please don't forget manners in everything you say and do here on WI.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
Very random
Gift Guru
 
adorcfish's Avatar
adorcfish is just really niceadorcfish is just really nice

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

My problem is not that people are too proud of their items (I have many that I am proud of also). My problem is the double standard that seems to exist for the WAY we are allowed to BE proud. I have no problem with the pictures and the siggy's...but I think that people should ALSO be allowed to SAY they are proud of their items. How is a cheeky dog sitting in a blue drag wearing a pumpkin hat surrounded by lavas any different then I had a great trade today??
adorcfish is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Quote:
I just find it amazing that those siggy's (and house threads) are not considered bragging but making a thread that says "I got a token trophy in a trade and I am soooo happy" is. Why is it that some people get banned or demoted for bragging but those kind of siggy's and house threads are allowed??
I think that the house threads are the place that you can get away with a bit of bragging...to an extent. You are showing off your rooms so it could be taken as bragging very easily. No big deal to me...really.

In the siggies though, is ridiculous. The picture is totally fine, it's the words that get to me.

Quote:
I think that we may be confusing conciet for just plain old pride. If someone is really proud of all the hard work they put into thier collection, why not show it off here. I mean, where else are they going to show it off? Who else is going to relate to that pride of getting something really great? Let's all be proud of each other and not be so competitive.
I agree with you to an extent. It's the words with the picture that come across as conceited.

---------- i <3 webkinz! added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

Quote:
My problem is not that people are too proud of their items (I have many that I am proud of also). My problem is the double standard that seems to exist for the WAY we are allowed to BE proud. I have no problem with the pictures and the siggy's...but I think that people should ALSO be allowed to SAY they are proud of their items. How is a cheeky dog sitting in a blue drag wearing a pumpkin hat surrounded by lavas any different then I had a great trade today??
I see what you are talking about. Here on WI, fair trading is very important and they had to ban the "bragging" about unfair trades as unfair trades are looked down upon here. I do think it is a good thing that people can no longer boast about the unfair trades they make.

I think if you want a picture of a cheeky dog sitting in a blue drag wearing a pumpkin hat surrounded by lavas, I see no probem as long as you are not adding something like "I have the BEST stuff" or "I guess you can have it all!" along with it.

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-24-2008 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #16
Gifted
 
pianolover's Avatar
pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Yes. We should not be bragging about our collections. If you are
really that proud of your stuff, you are probably very selfish. We
all have our collections. Some people have more "junk" than others.
But we should all be kind to others when displaying our items. Great
point!
pianolover is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
We Love
Webkinz :)
 
angelgurl1's Avatar
angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
There are ways to say what you want to say...kindly.
Please don't forget manners in everything you say and do here on WI.
Well - not to sound rude, but, calling people 'vain and conceited' isn't exactly good manners! I just try to be part of all the good info & fun on WI, and not sweat the small stuff - you know?
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #18
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)
 
Melissa30067's Avatar
Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

I do like seeing the pictures, bc I like seeing the stuff that is out there that I wasnt around to get, but you dont have to make people feel bad because they dont have it. I dont even mind if someone gets something awesome and they make a post in the "look what I got" section, as long as they are being nice and not trying to make others feel bad. I mean to be honest a lot of us (including me) get so excited when we get something new, and want to share our story, and it can be done in a very nice way.

but in my opinion....no one is the "best" , each member is awesome in their own way!

Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
Very random
Gift Guru
 
adorcfish's Avatar
adorcfish is just really niceadorcfish is just really nice

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

I agree with you about the picture...if that is what you want then fine. I just have trouble with the fact that there are people around getting in trouble for talking about their items but people that show them are ok. I would be ok with EITHER (the pics or the threads) as long as they BOTH were allowed. I agree also that "I am the best" comments are not necessary. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that at first. I agree...that is uncalled for.
adorcfish is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #20
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Quote:
Well - not to sound rude, but, calling people 'vain and conceited' isn't exactly good manners! I just try to be part of all the good info & fun on WI, and not sweat the small stuff - you know?
Here's the deal: The actions that some people are portraying are vain and they are conceited. This section of the forum is for rules and suggestions and this is my suggestion. If you don't want to sweat the small stuff and just be a part of the good info and fun, I might stray from the suggestions portion of the site. Just an idea so you don't have to "sweat the small stuff"

When someone comes to someone else's thread just to say they are overreacting and not really giving any input on the topic at hand, I do see it as a bit of bad forum manners.

Have a great night!

---------- i &lt;3 webkinz! added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

Quote:
I agree with you about the picture...if that is what you want then fine. I just have trouble with the fact that there are people around getting in trouble for talking about their items but people that show them are ok. I would be ok with EITHER (the pics or the threads) as long as they BOTH were allowed. I agree also that "I am the best" comments are not necessary. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that at first. I agree...that is uncalled for.
I understood and understand what you are getting at.
If people can't brag in WORDS about their unfair trades...they are probably just going to put it in a pic and brag about it like that...that IS a double standard. Good point.

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts