Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Arrow Are we really that vain and conceited?

I have been venturing around the forum for a few minutes and have came across at least three signatures that really just made me like you couldn't imagine. Each of the signatures had a picture obviously just to show of their WW collection but it wasn't the picture that got to me, it was the words that came with it.

In various ways, it blatantly said, "I guess some people really DO have it all..." and that just really got to me. If you want to put a picture showing your retired items in your signature--go for it, be proud! BUT, but, but...don't add a comment with it that might make other people feel bad about their own collection.

I really have no problem with pictures showing your most prized possesions but really do you have to add, "I guess I really have it all" or "I suppose I am the best" or something of the sort? ??? The answer is no. Don't be vain and don't be conceited. It's not AT ALL appealing to anyone.

Alright, my rant is officially over.
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

Default Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

Great and totally valid point.

I have come across a few of these, even though I mostly hang out in the Roleplaying section. I joined WW about a year and a half ago, so I don't really have a lot of super-rare items. Nor do I have alot of webkinz. I have gotten some rather scarce peices over time, but I'm not saying that I'm now the best.

And the line, "I guess I'm the best," and, "I have it all," reminds me of snotty rich kids from some movie that I've seen.....
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

Great point!! It might seriously hurt some peoples feelings and annoy them to put things like that in your siggy.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Quote:
And the line, "I guess I'm the best," and, "I have it all," reminds me of snotty rich kids from some movie that I've seen.....
Yes! It just sounds so snotty and I guess that is the main reason it caught my attention and I just had to bring it up.

Quote:
Great point!! It might seriously hurt some peoples feelings and annoy them to put things like that in your siggy.
I am not as concerned with the hurt feelings. It didn't at all hurt my feelings to see that...it disgusted me in many aspects.

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-24-2008 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

I actually like the pictures, but like you, I believe the text can sometimes be over the top .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Adventure Time!(:
Webkinz :)

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Red face Re: Are we really that vain and conceited?

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
I have been venturing around the forum for a few minutes and have came across at least three signatures that really just made me like you couldn't imagine. Each of the signatures had a picture obviously just to show of their WW collection but it wasn't the picture that got to me, it was the words that came with it.

In various ways, it blatantly said, "I guess some people really DO have it all..." and that just really got to me. If you want to put a picture showing your retired items in your signature--go for it, be proud! BUT, but, but...don't add a comment with it that might make other people feel bad about their own collection.

I really have no problem with pictures showing your most prized possesions but really do you have to add, "I guess I really have it all" or "I suppose I am the best" or something of the sort? ??? The answer is no. Don't be vain and don't be conceited. It's not AT ALL appealing to anyone.

Alright, my rant is officially over.
I agree more than words can express!
In my 2cents opinion, if you want to have a picture with a room full of rares that says: "Click the Pug in the Pic to visit my GE!" That's fine.
For a GE, that's fine with me!
I think saying "Click on the Froggie in the Pic to see my all-to-fabulous house" is ridiculous!
OK, great...you have a Webkinz housez thread. Do you need to call it: "All-to-fabulous"? No, in my opinion.
So, please, think before you type!
We already know you have fabulous stuff, don't flaunt it!

~A. Leena~
**If anyone really has that in their signature, please don't take offense. I haven't seen your signature and didn't know you had typed it. No offence given and I hope none was taken.**
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I usually only have things like, "I'm so happy!" or "I'm so grateful!" hen I put pics like those in my av.sig.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
WhiteTerrierFan

Yeah, it's great if you want to show people your collection, but don't put anything that might make you sound conceited.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
GreekAsianPanda

Yeah! Rep! I've never put pictures of my items in my signature, they've always included the following:
God (pretty much all the time lolz)
My Webkinz Health Guide
Once it said something really stupid: "I got this sig off a fig tree!"
Lolz I don't know where I got that phrase, but that was temporary until I figured out something to say special about God! =D
Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
My 35 webkinz are
Gifted

webkinzlover1264 has a spectacular aura about

I agree but people don't really feel bad i mean it just a sigge. I think your overreacting. No offense.
webkinzlover1264 is offline Female
Closed