Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
Summer 2010
Webkinz :)

lilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: We are ALL PEOPLE...

I agree this is an AWESOME thread REP AND WI BUCKS!!!!!
lilac1999 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Megan, I have read and considered your post.
I believe your words are so very touching on so many levels. It is terrific that you gave examples of your experiences because it validates that each thread in this Forum welcomes everyone!

It is a milestone when opposite views, values and principles coexist because ALL people are worthy of respect! I applaud your thread because it is NOT about Religion, it is about RESPECT.

THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts! And thank your parents - they did quite well
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
onderwoman.

Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!

Wow, this is great...

Sometimes people forget to follow the modest, golden point that we're really all a big family. It doesn't matter what your religion is and if your silly and random, your still a person. A living thing with feelings, just like everything else!
Smog is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
♥Team Alice♥
kathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond repute

Now, I have to say religousness is at everyone's personal interest.
If we embrace our beliefs with others it may only lead to more hardship
on the subject, so that being, I agree with Quack Quack.

I do not want any arguments taking place over matters of our religon.
However I do agree we are all people, though we may be different,
no one is greater or lesser. Nor should peoples be greater or lesser to anyone else.

I like the general idea of this thread: Get along even if we're different.
Thanks for posting this.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
Gift Guru

asterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
Yes, exactly!! Everyone is a person, we are all the same

I just have to make a suggestion. I don't think there should be ANYTHING related to religion on WI. No clubs, thread, A/S. None. My two friends got in a bad fight over religion, and I am afraid that Religion scuffles are going to arise soon enough on WI...
I completely agree with your suggestion especially after the terrible behavior I saw during the holiday season. It was embarrassing. Political discussion is banned on WI and I feel that religious discussion causes the same heat and therefore shouldn't be allowed. I'm also of the 'let children decide on their own about religion' mentality though and I really dislike how much religion is pushed on impressionable kids here. I'm not saying to ban "please pray for my ____" or showing pride in what you believe. I'm saying to ban what occurred during the holidays.

Last edited by asterravos; 01-07-2010 at 03:29 PM..
asterravos is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #16
EmNm

EmNm12 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for making this thread! I myself am a member of Jesus Freak, but does that mean I'm different from you? NO! Besides, this is a site for people who like Webkinz! Not a site made for arguing about all this! I have my own beliefs, but I do respect others' as well. We are ALL human and need to realize it!
We NATURALLY have our own beliefs, no one FORCES us to believe in something!
Example, my siggie has the link to Jesus Freak. But did I say "come to it or you aren't a good person!" NO!!! It's there for people to see, to let them know what I believe, not that they should go to it. People might be curious to know what it is, so they might click it. But I didn't force them to. It was by THEIR choice.

Last edited by EmNm12; 01-06-2010 at 11:15 PM..
EmNm12 is offline Female
Old 01-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #17
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Thanks for posting this! I've always steered clear from any religious threads, because I don't care to hear any kind of arguing on this site on those topics. This place is my escape...it's about Webkinz for me. But after reading this thread, I realize that maybe these religious groups HAVE been treating each other with respect, and that the fights and en passes that I can imagine do not exist. THANK YOU to everyone, religious, not-religious, and those of us stuck somewhere in between, for being respectful and open-minded to one another.

Now that I reflect over my year here at WI, I realize that I have very rarely seen arguments over anything. Perhaps Webkinz are the answer for world peace.....Ganz, send a Cheeky Dog to every embassy in the world, ASAP. We can do this!
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #18
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Well said, megan! I think that the important thing is respect, not for the person themselves, but out of common courtesy. Everyone deserves at the very least, and whether you agree with their ideas of religion or not, you should at least respect the ideas also. We all have our different beliefs and religions, and while we cannot all be the same and agree with each other's religions, we can at least respect them. Nobody likes to be told if their religion is right or wrong or good or bad, and it's terrible when someone puts your ideas and what you believe in down. These clubs are to exchange ideas and share your feelings, and while a few questions from others are certainly welcome, there is a fine line between curiosity and rudeness, and anyone on the receiving side of the questions is entitled to draw the line when it becomes uncomfortable for them. I am a member of the Religiless club, but I'm always open to listening about other religions, and even people who have a religion should at least keep their mind a little open. You can believe in something, but when someone starts talking about another religion/belief, that doesn't mean you close your mind and automatically put down everything they say. It's ok for two people of different religions to be friends, and even if you don't like that person's religion, it's OK! Everyone in the world would get along with each other if we just sat and talked it out, exchanging ideas, and we would coexist peacefully. I think these clubs are a peaceful way of talking about your religion, and with each and every one of us being beautiful and unique, religion shouldn't matter when we look at a person as a friend.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #19
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

Agreed. But I personally don't think there should be ANYTHING about religion on WI, it can spark a war and WI could get shut down.
Maine is offline Female
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #20
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Maine
Agreed. But I personally don't think there should be ANYTHING about religion on WI, it can spark a war and WI could get shut down.
That's what the mods are for.
Desty is offline Female
Closed