Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default Re: Want to know where to find the best prices available for Webkinz?

I never knew that cracker barrel sold Webkinz... we don't have one close to us, but it's on the way to a friends when we visit. Great info, thank you... next time I go visit my friend I'll have an excuse to stop at Cracker Barrel. :--)
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

I think it is a wonderful idea. No one has to give out any specific information just maybe say the general area like since I live in Georgia I would say South East- this way those members who are either younger, or dont feel comfortable giving out their info can participate as well.

I know I am always looking for good deals, and I am always willing to share when I find them
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great idea but,this is unsafe. people would be giving the state they lived in,town or city, and were this stores located.

---------- icebear added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Melissa30067
I think it is a wonderful idea. No one has to give out any specific information just maybe say the general area like since I live in Georgia I would say South East- this way those members who are either younger, or dont feel comfortable giving out their info can participate as well.

I know I am always looking for good deals, and I am always willing to share when I find them
i disagree

Last edited by icebear; 01-20-2009 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by icebear
Great idea but,this is unsafe. people would be giving the state they lived in,town or city, and were this stores located.

i disagree
I don't see it as a problem as long as there are rules. One rule could be that we can say which province/state, you live in, but nothing more specific than that. As long as that rule is adhered to, then everyone will stay safe. Most provinces/states are fairly large places with enough people that it would be safe. Also I think we should just stick to the names of stores and people can investigate for themselves and see if there are any of those stores near them.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #15

yammie is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea! Personally I found that Costco has great deals (2 for 19.99), and I purchased some at Limited 2 during the holidays 2 for the price of 1!!! Needless to say, I stocked up at both stores for my collection and some to give as gifts!
:ccat:I'm blessed.
yammie is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by icebear

i disagree
Well I dont think it would be a problem as long as there were rules in place. I mean people already know not to give out personal information in the forum, so it would be no different than that.

But again, that is my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

I do agree that for something like this to work, STRICT rules would have to be followed and NO PERSONAL information given out or exchanged. Giving a general 'area' should be good enough, it doesn't even have to be narrowed down by state. The store name or web site would be enough info for people to look in their own locations to see if that have that store. There would be no reason to name specific states or cities, or what have you. This could still remain a perfectly safe idea SO LONG AS everyone abides by WI's rules and does not post anything personal. :-)
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #18
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

it is a good idea, but many times, people tend not to share the site, especially if it was one of the more rare webkinz.

also, it could be easily spammed, as the topic of the section is so narrow, people might get distracted from talking about deals. perhaspe just a "thread starter"(the blue threads at the top of each section) be created? is that what you meant?
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
it is a good idea, but many times, people tend not to share the site, especially if it was one of the more rare webkinz.

also, it could be easily spammed, as the topic of the section is so narrow, people might get distracted from talking about deals. perhaspe just a "thread starter"(the blue threads at the top of each section) be created? is that what you meant?
Thank you, Bob nws III, for your input on this....
I agree, some people may not want to share where they are getting great deals on those really special and more valuable Webkinz. And that is their right... a good find is sometimes hard to share
As for spamming... that could be a big problem. I do not have an easy answer for that. I don't really understand what you mean by 'thread starter" vs "thread", sorry. I see the threads that are listed in blue, and those beneath in black. I'm not sure which is which! LOL And I do not know where a topic like this would go to be the most benificial to all, and to also remain safe from spamming issues. This is just a topic I thought would be very helpful for everyone, but I am not sure how something like this would be implimented. That's really over my head and I'd have to leave it to someone with a lot more knowledge to figure out.
This question was just posted to throw the idea out there and see what everyone thinks. IF enough people are strongly for it (or strongly against it) then we'd have to figure out the next step, if any, from there.
Thanks so much for your input on this.. and if you could explain to me the difference of the threads I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

i meant the blue threads, so that it would not be closed if no one posted, like some other threads are

but still love your concept, thouh, and i think it would be a great addition to WI!
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed