Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Aldean is just really niceAldean is just really nice

Default Re: VMs That Are New

I like this idea.
Aldean is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

I think that you have the basis for a good idea. Maybe if we could check or star which ones we reply to (just make a little mark in the corner or something). That would help with organization...
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

IMO if you can't keep up with VM's, don't use them Sometimes I get a lot of VM's at once too, but it's sometimes hard to reply to all of them. I reply to VM's most of the time, but sometimes you don't have to reply to a VM, if it's something like "I have to go, I'll TTYL". The option to turn it off would be nice, but I think that you should be able to keep up with your own VM's without a system reminding you to reply to them

Thank you for sharing this idea!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
Call me Stella
Gift Guru

stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!stelladora is not just visiting!

Yeah I definitely like this idea!!! But I also think it should be optional in order to please everyone

Thanks for sharing
stelladora is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

That's a good idea! I'm always getting thousands of VMs, and it's so hard to keep track of them all! I agree with GP - maybe there should be a little star next to it instead of highlighting because that would give me major headaches. The idea of being able to turn it on or off sounds nice, too - rep points for you!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
Woah! I am
Gifted

webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!webkinzkayla is not just visiting!

good idea! i like it! rep for you!
webkinzkayla is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I love this idea! Being new here I hate to ignore a visitor welcome but i get on here so sporadicallly (early am and late pm) that I recieve the vm message hours after they have been sent.

It's true that some messages require no reply, but others may involve much more, like answers to questions that i might not have handy, or more detailed information on a posted message. I tend to put these off if I don't have time, then forget them when they get bumped down the list.

The option to check those I've replied to (or which could also be used as a simple "already read" function) would be a great time saver. It would also serve as a reminder of those I planned to get back to with a more detailed reply. Just a little box that we could click a check mark in would be fine and wouldn't be too distracting.

I try to remember who I replied to but when you are very new it's impossible to remember the names. I'm sure with time it will get easier when I actually recognize a name, but even then I would use the check option just to keep track and make sure I haven't overlooked anyone.

Thanks for making this suggestion. I think it's a terrific idea.
mulberry59 is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 AM   #18
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

When looking at your profile, if you're not sure whether you answered someone's message, just click on View Conversation on their last message to you. You will see your entire conversation, and your latest message at the top. If you haven't answered them, you can do so on that conversation page.

I'm sure a real friend will not be offended if you don't answer every single VM. They'll just send you a new one.

Don't forget that every one of those features slows down the system. Is it really worth it?
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 AM   #19
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

OOOhh good point webberlily.

even though new features would be lovely to have.....She makes a very valid point!!!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 11-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #20
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I think it's a cool idea, but I also agree that it's not necessary.
But even thought it's unnecessary doesn't mean it wouldn't be a cool feature. (: If all mandatory things are put into the forum, why not have this just to make something something a little easier?

But as I think about it, it might now work that well.. how is it supposed to know that you replied to THAT very message? If it's added, it might just merely check if you've ever posted on that profile, if yes, no star.. you know? And the post it could've seen could've been from months ago.

Hm..
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Closed

Tags
tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε