Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #51
photographer
Webkinz :)

Marley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Using your own graphics!

I agree. I get mine from sites that they ALLOW you to use. Like the doll makers and things like that. It isn't original original but its close! I also make my own avvies. Like my siggies sometimes. Or i'll order it. good thread.

I don't think its necessary to make a mod like be up in ALL the threads. Maybe have us flag the post and they'll take care of it.
Marley_is_love is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #52
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Marley_is_love
I agree. I get mine from sites that they ALLOW you to use. Like the doll makers and things like that. It isn't original original but its close! I also make my own avvies. Like my siggies sometimes. Or i'll order it. good thread.

I don't think its necessary to make a mod like be up in ALL the threads. Maybe have us flag the post and they'll take care of it.
Thanks for commenting! No,the picture doesn't have too be made in photoshop,paint,or GIMP to be 'original' but as long as you made it,its original.

I also don't think its necessary for mods and admins too be checking all the avvie and siggy threads,but only the ones that seem like their just stealing the graphics and distributing them as their own. Once,again thanks for commenting!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #53
Gift Guru

DKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonder

I definitely agree with this. I take a long time to make my graphics by hand, and it frustrates me when I see people copy others' work.
Certain threads I see are more of a compilation of premade "freebies" taken off of other sites, as opposed to custom graphics.
Everyone has their own style and own level of work, and it takes time and practice to get better. When I look back now at some of the stuff I made when I was first starting to make graphics, it really shocks me at how far I've come
As far as stealing icons from iconator, that is not only wrong and against WI's rules, but against iconator's as well. Iconator's terms of service states that legal actions can be taken against people who steal work from the site.
However, one little thing that came to my mind when I was reading this: make sure that the work IS stolen before accusing someone, or flagging it. I know several members here also have iconator accounts, where the examples in their shops can be found. Personally, many of my examples on my shop are also on my iconator account, although they are all still 100% made by me, and not taken from anyone else.
DKMagoo is offline Female
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #54
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by DKMagoo
I definitely agree with this. I take a long time to make my graphics by hand, and it frustrates me when I see people copy others' work.
Certain threads I see are more of a compilation of premade "freebies" taken off of other sites, as opposed to custom graphics.
Everyone has their own style and own level of work, and it takes time and practice to get better. When I look back now at some of the stuff I made when I was first starting to make graphics, it really shocks me at how far I've come
As far as stealing icons from iconator, that is not only wrong and against WI's rules, but against iconator's as well. Iconator's terms of service states that legal actions can be taken against people who steal work from the site.
However, one little thing that came to my mind when I was reading this: make sure that the work IS stolen before accusing someone, or flagging it. I know several members here also have iconator accounts, where the examples in their shops can be found. Personally, many of my examples on my shop are also on my iconator account, although they are all still 100% made by me, and not taken from anyone else.
Thanks for commenting! You make some good points!

Yes,before flagging it,you should simply ask the person "Do you have an Iconator account?" And if they answer "No." Then,you know they've stolen it. But if they answer "Yes." Then they most likely make the items,not just steal them.
But,f they make like,20 super-hard to make graphics in like 3 minutes,then you know somethings up.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #55

EllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the wait
EllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the waitEllaBellaBoo99 is worth the wait

I know some amazing websites for luanii dolls and it says, do not take credit, do not use these were they are not to be used, and don't sell for real money! It's amazing, I do not sell these in my shop but I make them ALL THE TIME! It does not say copyrighted, so I completley recomend it! There is also blinkiebee.com, wigflip.com, and glitter text makers. All though I make some on paint.
EllaBellaBoo99 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #56
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Yeah, I offer a mixture of personal site generators and unique ones I make. I would never rate a thread that uses online generators (for everything)over 3 stars. Like I make transparencies no one else makes and resize files. . .sig shops need to be more unique! Every shop has the same thing. . .imagechef.com or blinkiebee.com logos on the images. At least crop it. And all of these are the reason for hotlinking!
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #57
Anti Twilight.

Thanks for commenting everybody! I'm really annoyed when I see a shop that just offers things from Iconator and is 5 stars,and was opened,what,yesterday,and already has like 7 pages. >.<
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #58
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I just need to ask, is it really necessary to post here,
"I agree, I made my avatar."
It's more boasting than it is agreeing. It's about using your own graphics in shops, it doesn't really matter who made the one you're using, as long as you're allowed to use it.

View Post Originally Posted by ♥Taylor♥
I totally agree.

I think that we should have a graphics Moderator (like someone who knows the sites like iconator, glitter-graphcis, and like you said Peachie's collection and other sites really well) to delete the pictures, or maybe threads, that steal graphics.
There is a graphics moderator.
And, they don't need to know the sites really well to be one.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #59
Anti Twilight.

Thanks for commenting! Yes,I do see your point Tarsky,its not needed too say "Yup,I made the one I'm using now." This is about people who claim that they made a certain graphic but they really got it off a shop or site.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #60
Webkinzgurl23

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Yes that is true. Some of the shop owners in the Avvie & Siggie forum have great computer skills, this is very admirable. They are also very creative. Others are less skilled at the computer and their offerings reflect this. It's to be hoped that they will learn new skills from their more advanced neighbours!

Stealing someone else's creation and passing it off as your own is an entirely different matter. That is plagiarism. I hope no one is doing this.
Now, what about Imagechef.com? Its not a private site or anything. Yet people use it everyday in A/S shops. I know people who have the same graphics from Imagechef.com but does that mean they stole it? No. Now, they could have saw it and said "Oh, I want to make this in my shop". They need to at least let other people know that they did not make them or were the first to find them. Other people need to know that they could have just found it by browsing Google or looking through A/S shops. Now with Imagechef.com, you can't usually get rid of the imagechef.com mark and sometimes you can.

Now, stealing someone else's examples is just plain wrong. Now steal can consist of 2 things:
1: Actually taking the example and placing it in your shop
2: Making an exact copy of the example.

And that is all I have to say.
Closed

Tags
agreed! ♡, all hail mr. burrito, cheese!, coralinejones(:, crystal00000 was here, hi :), p.t. posted here, ron weasley ♥, somebody wuz here!!!, stealing is wrong, stop stealing graphics!, ♥ jesus 4eva! ~hpf