Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
~{Midnight.Train}~
Webkinz :)

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Smile Use your common sense! Be careful how you type.

We all know how to be nice:

How are you doing?

Are you having a nice day?

But we also know how to be rude:

Why isn't my order finished at your shop yet?!

I think that everyone on here is nice for the most part but, I noticed that sometimes, people

type in caps lock on accident. My own personal experience:

I ASKED FOR A MINIFESTO AT YOUR SHOP.

Sounds mean right? I replied:

Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to keep you waiting. I wasn't allowed on the computer last night.

Your order is ready at my shop.

I felt bad so I typed again:

Sorry if I sounded rude earlier. I've just had a long day.

They typed back:

No, it was me who sounded rude. I forgot to turn off the capslock. Sorry if you are mad at me.

Just goes to show how much of a different reputation your going to get by typing in caps lock.

Just be careful how you word things and how you type them! Also, make sure you use

punctuation! It makes you sound much more mature and you seem easier to understand. I

would also suggest that you don't use text speak. It's hard to understand. Zoopalz suggests

that you should also not use too many abbreviations. Sometimes you don't understand what

they mean. If you are newer to this site and need some help with an abbreviation, click on the

link, it's full of very helpful information:

♥ Webkinz Insider Dictionary (with Abbreviations and Helpful Links!) 125+ Definitions/Abbreviations & Counting! Have you always what wanted to know what BUMP or DD was? They are both in the guide along with SOOO many more! ♥

-Lolo12

Last edited by Lolo12; 05-03-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Lolo12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Use your common sense! Be careful how you type.

I totally agree! Capslock, doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy, It makes you feel like someone is yelling at you Rep!!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Thanks so much! Yeah, caps lock makes me really nervous. I don't know what it it about me but when people type in caps lock, I start like, freaking out for some reason. Especially when it's an edit in a post or something.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

Totally!! It doesn't make you feel like "Wow, I'm 'good'", or whatever...xD But it makes you feel like someone's mad, and's yelling at you. :[ No one likes that, I think...

--oon23
oon23 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
~{Midnight.Train}~

Yeah I agree! It's not going to say: "Ooh! I feel great!" It's gonna be like,"Aw, they're mad at me!" Thanks you guys!
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

yes, i totally agree! rep for you - there are a lot of people that should read this. (:
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
~{Midnight.Train}~

Thanks! Lol, I love your avvie! I definitely live my life crazy! Thanks you for the rep! For that I give you cookie! *Hands cookie to mcgymnast9*
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Totally true! And we have enough trouble as it is telling whether or not something is meant to be nice or mean, because we honestly don't know what the person means, sometimes even when they talk outloud. I try to avoid using capslock, because I know I'll forget to fix it later. Instead, I just use shift for every letter, but only when I'm really excited.

Maybe, somewhere on WI, like before you start to type your post, it should notify you if your capslock is still on. It would solve a lot of issues. Good point, and have a tremendously fun day!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
Call Me Amanda

conich has a spectacular aura aboutconich has a spectacular aura about

i agrre withthe caps lock thing but i dont think it is totally necesary to use puncuation. i always do, but i dont really do on purpose. i will admit that it is probably easier to type w/o it. there is really no rule that says that u have to, so i cant judge people by if they do or not.
conich is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
~{Midnight.Train}~

I know. It just makes it easier to understand. Like, which is easier?
joe said hi lizzie are you having a nice day its very sunny outside
Or
Joe said,"Hi Lizzie! Are you having a nice day? It's very sunny outside!"
I think the second one makes more sense. Just my opinion.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Closed