Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
kelser2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Upscale Condo Theme

I just bought a room based around the Upscale Condo Theme. I love the theme, but I didn't like what it did to my wallet. I want to redo my house so each pet can have their own condo with a kitchen, two beds, and living space. It cost me around 24,000 to make a guest suite with the condo theme. I've came up with two solutions for Webkinz so I don't have to wait too long to finish my project. They could make a Wekinz Bank. You could put money into it, to teach kids to save, and pay them interest. You could also borrow money at a 5 Kinzcash Fee for every 100 Kinzcash. They could also make credit cards, so you'd just pay for your purchases at the end of the month. Of course, there would be maximums for this. The second solution would be to lower the prices. It cost 1200 to buy a KinzVision HDTV, and I bought two, so just on TVs I spent 2400. I need help from Webkinz to finish my Upscale Condo Theme!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
24ADK
Gift Trainee

24AMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: Upscale Condo Theme

I KNOW, THAT ROOM IS REALLY CUTE BUT REALLY EXPENSIVE. I THINK THEY SHOULD LOWER THE PRICES OR GIVE YOU MORE MONEY WHEN YOU PLAY GAMES. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW WEBKINZ WORLD EXPECTS YOU TO HAVE SO MUCH MONEY. I HAD 23,000 AND THEN BOUGHT A LARGE ROOM, 2 DINING TABLES, 2 REFRIGERATORS, 3 TABLES, 2 LAMPS, 12 DINING CHAIRS, 2 PICTURES, 1 CLOCK, 1 WINDOW, 1 SINK, 1 STOVE, 1 BLINDER, 1 SANDWICH MAKER, 1 RECLINER, 1 TV AN THE WALLPAPER AND FLOOR AND THEN I HAD 3,000 LEFT! I WAS SO MAD. THEN I ADOPTED TWO MORE PETS AND BUT I STILL DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH. ECSPECIALLY CONSIDERING I HAVE 21 PETS. I AM SO MAD ABOUT THAT.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
legalcat

Default Re: Upscale Condo Theme

I dont think they would let you have a credit card type of thing because what if you stop playing then you get everything for free or what it you open a second account, buy a ton of stuff on credit, KinzPost it to people, then stop using that account...

Also I think a bank is a great idea but with all the glitches in WW I dont know that I would wanna do that... what happens if the money disappears and then Ganz just says Oops... not our fault... I dont think I would risk it

---------- legalcat added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

Dont forget you can save up coupons too... I have tons of coupons from getting them every time there is a coupon on the daily activities and I was saving them for this exact kind of thing... Now I will be able to get everything for at least 50% off!!

I cant believe that I got an 80% off coupon on the one the other day

Last edited by legalcat; 02-04-2008 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
kateygma is now a
Gift Guru

katey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonder

I think the ideal of a bank and interest is good. But borrowing and credit card ideals are not good. Kids should learn to save for what they want, not to just charge for it now. This is a problem many young adults have, they don't know how to save and they overextend their credit.

If you think the condo is expensive look what an egyptian room costs!! I think that Ganz is trying to attact more "upscale" buying. There are a lot of members on WW with upwards of $100,000 on their accounts at any given time. Plus I believe it you have to work and buy the items one at a time when you finally do finish the room you get a much larger sense of accomplishment.

---------- katey3007 added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

I agree with Legalcat, save those coupons. I know I used one on every piece of the condo room that was over four hundred kinzcash. My coupons are almost all gone now, so I will start saving them again for the next new items.

Last edited by katey3007; 02-04-2008 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
legalcat

katey I agree 100% with what you said, excellent points...

I made a similar argument a month or so back when the hummer was in the curio shop the last time. A lot of people were complaining about how it was so unfair to have an expensive vehicle that some people couldnt afford and that it should be cheaper. Yet, a lot of people like the fact that Webkinz mirrors real life in some ways. Well, isn't it mirroring life to have cheap AND expensive things? Not everyone can afford the condo theme and isnt that just like real life? Maybe this isnt the lesson Ganz is aiming for, but thats how I see it.

Also, when you buy a new house, you dont usually go at one time and buy every single thing you need... usually you get some cheap stuff to get you buy and ok splurge on a new TV or a nice sofa etc..unless your really rich... but most "regular" people cant go to the store and buy an entire house (room) set of furniture at one time.. they have to buy it bits and pieces... or wait till the more expensive items go on sale or use coupons...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
hoo! I'm
Gifted

ariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of lightariel95a is a glorious beacon of light

I think I forget where I read it maybe on this site with the interview with the creative director but I think they are making a bank katey3007 is right children should have to make the money themselves so i agree with you.
ariel95a is offline Female
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
24ADK
Gift Trainee

24AMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Here Is My Upscale Condo Room! Or My Girls' Kitchen And Living Room. I Have Another For The Boys.

---------- 24AMBER added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

Opps.... Its Too Big Let Me Keep Trying

Last edited by 24AMBER; 02-04-2008 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
Webkinz :)
littleshortym has a reputation beyond reputelittleshortym has a reputation beyond reputelittleshortym has a reputation beyond reputelittleshortym has a reputation beyond reputelittleshortym has a reputation beyond reputelittleshortym has a reputation beyond repute

are you from the south or north??? We are off for Mardi Gras???
littleshortym is offline Female
Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

It is expensive that it is why they call it the upscale condo theme -- I am purchasing it little by little with my coupons and earning the money -- Ganz does not want millionaires I agree with everyone else if everything was gotten without an effort -- it really would not be worth as much to us...
Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
ae_girl13

Yeah I'm making that room theme too. It cost me a TON of $$$. I had 10000, and I didn't even buy the whole theme and now all I have left is 7879...I'm not even halfway done with the theme! I like the idea of the bank and interest, but I also agree with legalcat. I couldn't afford to lose money to a glitch. -AE
Closed