Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #91
Webkinz :)
 
*Krys*'s Avatar
*Krys* is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

I have a question: why is this "rep" important? Is it related in any way to special privileges on the forum?

I made two posts prior to this, to introduce myself and inquire about trading policies, and was met with a slew of repetitive responses... mostly saying "welcome" and "read the faq". I appreciate all the posts and "rep-ed" each one, but do feel that it was a bit excessive and know from another forum that ranking based on number of posts or voted-reputation is basically pointless. I can understand why such postings would be annoying....

But if the rep doesn't impact anything other than bragging rights, my best advice would be to ignore the excessive posts and don't rep them.
*Krys* is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #92
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

View Post Originally Posted by *Krys*
I have a question: why is this "rep" important? Is it related in any way to special privileges on the forum?

I made two posts prior to this, to introduce myself and inquire about trading policies, and was met with a slew of repetitive responses... mostly saying "welcome" and "read the faq". I appreciate all the posts and "rep-ed" each one, but do feel that it was a bit excessive and know from another forum that ranking based on number of posts or voted-reputation is basically pointless. I can understand why such postings would be annoying....

But if the rep doesn't impact anything other than bragging rights, my best advice would be to ignore the excessive posts and don't rep them.
No, you dont get anything special with it, except more green boxes.

The ranking really isnt based on posts or Rep here, its more based on statue. (Like Mods and Admins, and GC's, then GG and Gifted, etc.)

Reputation is just a simple way to say "Thanks"
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #93
Ello Love :)
Gifted
 
CGrocks's Avatar
CGrocks has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

Wow reputation for you! this is so true!
CGrocks is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #94
hptonks425
Guest

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

i actually personally disagree with this thread.... ppl may want rep for other reasons thanbeing popular. they may have made a goal, but asking is not the right thing to do. be patient! you will get some rep soon enough!

i also disagree with this statement: "Only 2 people on this site really deserve their rep boxes:
Justin and Wendy. They MADE this site! Other people have 5 because what, they got a certain number of posts? They made an avvie or siggie?"


u see, i 100% appreciate what justin and wendy have done for alll of us, and i love them for making this site, but there are a numerous amount of wonderful people on here that deserves rep points! and when u said other ppl have 5 boxes because they got a certain number of posts or made and avvie or siggy.... so what! the person that gave them the rep was nice enough to give it to them for good reasons! isnt that what they are for, for giving ppl rep points for good things they've done?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #95
PM me for it :)
Gifted
 
*ChasingDreams*'s Avatar
*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart

But there is one last thing I must say.
Actually, a couple.

Only 2 people on this site really deserve their rep boxes:
Justin and Wendy. They MADE this site! Other people have 5 because what, they got a certain number of posts? They made an avvie or siggie?

And 2nd,
Please give reps to people who deserve it. If you see a duplicate thread, tell them kindly the thread wasn't needed and ask if they could please close it.

Please stop this .. this .. Stupidity.

- Poppie.
Okay....I agree that Justin & Wendy deserve a TREMENDOUS amount of Rep for, you know, making the site, but I totally think other people deserve Rep as well.

Maybe some people (myself included) think that putting the time and effort into making another person an Avvie or Siggy deserves a little reward. I personally love to reward the little things I see people do. It makes people just want to do more good stuff and to help others.

I do think it is sometimes a popularity thing, but mostly I think people are pretty good in their reason for rewarding Rep.

You are in your every right to have an opinion, and I completely respect it, but I think different people measure someone who is 'deserving' in their own way. And always remember: if you don't like a thread, you don't have to look at it. Just let it be and don't read it if it annoys you.

I'm going to give you Rep because I think you did a nice job of stating your opinon in a Non-Offensive way, at least to me you did. Awesome job. Keep it up!

*ChasingDreams*
*ChasingDreams* is offline
Old 06-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #96
Webkinz :)
 
sorry's Avatar
sorry is on a distinguished road

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
I'm sorry, but ever since the rep boxes have appeared again, people are just making "helpful" threads that we already have enough of just because they want rep. They'll make a new "How to be a great WI Member!" thread, after they see 7 or 8 have already been made because they want more rep and rep boxes.

This is so stupid. I personally hope they take them away. They are things people want alot of -- They try and be helpful to get more --

Oh my god, REP BOXES! I need 1,000 of them! Better go make a million threads about stuff people already know so I can get pointless reps!

This has to stop. Does it really matter how many green boxes you have under your avatar? Personally, I don't care. I have 3 -- What a big deal! So I have 3 boxes, does that make me a more special person who has, let's say, 1? Or 2?

The real people who deserve them are people who don't go around, pretty much ASKiNG for rep. That's what people are doing. Now, before I hurt anyone's feelings, I'm going to shut up..

But there is one last thing I must say.
Actually, a couple.

Only 2 people on this site really deserve their rep boxes:
Justin and Wendy. They MADE this site! Other people have 5 because what, they got a certain number of posts? They made an avvie or siggie?

And 2nd,
Please give reps to people who deserve it. If you see a duplicate thread, tell them kindly the thread wasn't needed and ask if they could please close it.

Please stop this .. this .. Stupidity.

- Poppie.

---------- [xo] Pop-Tart added 6 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

Bump. I want people to see this.
Look at it this way. There soo many threads on here and if we read every1 to see if the thread we where going to make was alright made that could take 4ever cuz there new thread being made every min. You likely did it once youself. Ever think of that?

---------- sorry added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

And you should Relax a little cuz Rep are for being nice and making sum1 a good avrite is nice. And I agree with ChasingDreams 100%

Last edited by sorry; 06-28-2008 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sorry is offline Male
Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #97
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

Just a couple of thoughts to consider:

Duplicate threads (help threads included), have been an issue on WI long before Justin reinstated the rep boxes. (Which, after a few days of reading all this controversy, he might reconsider! ).

Duplicate threads are usually created because none of us, myself included, ever check to see if anyone else has made a thread about that particular topic.

My other point is, some people just like to post often, they like to talk, they like to jump in and help whenever another member needs a little advice--and they're not doing it for any kind of recognition; they're just doing it because they're here, on the forum, and they like to interact with other members.

And lastly: If those little boxes get everyone to help each other more and post with more kindness, all the better.

Everyone's motivations are not always going to be pure ones, but as long as the end result---helpfulness and kindness--are achieved, people's motivations don't really matter.
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #98
is addicted to
Webkinz :)
 
wolfloverz's Avatar
wolfloverz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

View Post Originally Posted by Lindsay
I agree with you, but I also disagree at the same time. I'm sure you're right -- many people DO make helpful threads just to get reputation points. But other people just make helpful threads because they enjoy being helpful. When I make helpful threads, I could care less if I get reputation. I just enjoy helping people.

I don't think they're stupid. I think if anything, they encourage people to be helpful. The people who really care about reputation points, the boxes stops them from spamming, because they want reputation points.

You're right that just because someone has a lot of rep, that doesn't make them more special. It's the same way with stars. Just because someone has a lot of stars, those don't make them more special. But they are still a fun thing to have. It is the quality of posts, not quantity.

Although I do agree, and LOVE, everything Justin and Wendy have done for us, they are not the only helpful people. We have so many helpful people on the site, and I believe that them being reconized for what they do is good. Justin and Wendy have done more for us then anyone on this site -- they created it! -- but other people are still helpful.
I agree entirly. :]
wolfloverz is offline
Old 06-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #99
PM me for it :)
Gifted
 
*ChasingDreams*'s Avatar
*ChasingDreams* will become famous soon enough

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
Just a couple of thoughts to consider:

Duplicate threads (help threads included), have been an issue on WI long before Justin reinstated the rep boxes. (Which, after a few days of reading all this controversy, he might reconsider! ).

Duplicate threads are usually created because none of us, myself included, ever check to see if anyone else has made a thread about that particular topic.

My other point is, some people just like to post often, they like to talk, they like to jump in and help whenever another member needs a little advice--and they're not doing it for any kind of recognition; they're just doing it because they're here, on the forum, and they like to interact with other members.

And lastly: If those little boxes get everyone to help each other more and post with more kindness, all the better.

Everyone's motivations are not always going to be pure ones, but as long as the end result---helpfulness and kindness--are achieved, people's motivations don't really matter.
Well said, and I agree with you.
*ChasingDreams* is offline
Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #100
To the invisible (:
Webkinz :)
 
In The Sun's Avatar
In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: UGH! Please stop it!

I disagree,And here is why sometimes people have a different idea on the same subject.Or want to explain it better.Or sometimes they just pass right by the thread.


I feel like people should give rep points...If someone worked so hard to produce a quality thread and feels like alot of people will get help from there thread then reward them...


Please think about it before you make this big of a statement

Sorry...

But I don't back you up on this

Last edited by In The Sun; 06-29-2008 at 01:44 AM..
In The Sun is offline Female
Closed

Tags
no more of this stuff!!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts