Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #31
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Try to use proper English when posting

View Post Originally Posted by ColliesRAwesome
My friend likes to MAKE UP text phrases, so one time she said to me, "OMG iwicbars!"
I was like what? Please write it out! Then she gets all mad.

**Translation- I wish I could be a rock star. xD**
That is the longest 'test speak' i ever saw!!!!!

Yeah it is hard to read some of the text speak. I think LOL and BRB and stuff is okay but...a post with tons of text speak and stuff is just kinda hard to read.
rachel21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #32
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Hi, Dogluver620! GREAT thread, my friend!

I agree with you 100%. WI is so popular now and we have members all over the world. And I am quite certain that there are a lot of members whose first language is not English. (In fact, I am one of them.) English is a VERY complicated language to begin with, and it would be even more complicated and harder to be understood with those TEXT talks. If it is hard for the native English speakers to understand already, imagine how hard it would be for the non-native WI members!

I think TEXT talking among your friends for fun is fine, but you should really use proper English when you are posting your opinion on a public forum like WI so that people can clearly understand what you are trying to say.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #33

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

Im a fast typer, but i think it is easier to just write in "thx"
because i usually say : THX A BUNCHEZ!! a lot.. lol xD

I really never use the apostrophes. Its not worth it 2 me, but it doesnt matter.
It probably would help if i did, but it just takes up 2 long!!
So, ya, just wanted to say that.

~CrazyC~
P.S. - REP 2 U!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #34
ebkinz addict! :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
That is the longest 'test speak' i ever saw!!!!!

Yeah it is hard to read some of the text speak. I think LOL and BRB and stuff is okay but...a post with tons of text speak and stuff is just kinda hard to read.
Lol! Yeah, it's pretty long!

Yeah LOL I use all the time because saying ha ha just doesn't seem like enough emphasis on what's funny.
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #35

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

Well, you have to remember there are younger kids on here and some may not know this proper grammar but well put together.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #36

ladyjai is on a distinguished road

I don't like text speak; I like the look of proper words, filled with all their letters. I don't even use it in texting. I found a lovely "word" function on my phone which helps me spell quickly - provided I spell the words correctly. I love the look of full words in plain sans serif type.

However, I do approve of "shortened" words which are actually symbols of actions. LOL would be lots of laughs, but I would never write "lots of laughs." So, ROFL, LOL and other symbols are such I enjoy because readers can't appreciate my physical reactions when they only know me via text. I consider it on the same level as :-) and :-(.

I don't have as large an issue with grammar or minor misspellings unless it is so mangled it isn't legible. Also, for me, capitalization is optional, basic punctuation essential.

Last edited by ladyjai; 02-14-2009 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: had more to say
ladyjai is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #37

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by cookiemonster96
Well, you have to remember there are younger kids on here and some may not know this proper grammar but well put together.
I see your point. But some kids might not understand ROFL or BBL and stuff like that. I also don't expect them to use proper English. Sometimes even adults don't use Engish correctly. And some chat phrases are okay occasionally. Just not ALL the time. But yes, I do see your point
Old 02-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #38
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

I agree completely! It can be so hard to read posts sometimes, although I am a repeat offender of not checking to make sure I spell everything correctly!

---------- kateannec11 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

I do think things like lol are ok though, it's funny how weird we would find it if somebody typed laugh out loud!

Last edited by kateannec11; 02-14-2009 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #39

View Post Originally Posted by kateannec11
I agree completely! It can be so hard to read posts sometimes, although I am a repeat offender of not checking to make sure I spell everything correctly!

---------- kateannec11 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

I do think things like lol are ok though, it's funny how weird we would find it if somebody typed laugh out loud!
Yeah, I know what you mean! Omg is something I say too. I say it in in real life sometimes too.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

thank you for the remindeer
dreamb97 is offline Female
Closed