Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #91
That's right I'm a
Webkinz :)

LJ99 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Try to use proper English when posting

Oh okay, and no, I'm not offended! I usually dont but sometimes I do like see I just type a run-on sentence and forgot the aposterphe in the word "don't"

---------- LJ99 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

Oh no, I'm not offended! I only do it sometimes anyway.

Last edited by LJ99; 02-15-2009 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #92
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by LJ99
Oh okay, and no, I'm not offended! I usually dont but sometimes I do like see I just type a run-on sentence and forgot the aposterphe in the word "don't"

---------- LJ99 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

Oh no, I'm not offended! I only do it sometimes anyway.
Sometimes I make mistakes too. If I'm writing out something and I'm really excited, I usually have to go back and proofread it
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #93
Chinese people are
Gifted

yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!yingxi is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hi whiteterrier!

I usually give up on those too. Although they might be good posts, I just have to skip them because it's one big chunk of text that I can't decipher. I also feel the need to correct it; it's just something like I have to do, if you know what I mean

Thanks for posting!

---------- Dogluver620 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Hi yingxi!

I think that common abbreviations are okay to use also. If most people know what it means, there's really no question about it. I always get texts from my friends that I have no clue what they're talking about. Sometimes I have to text back asking, "What?"
Yeah, common text 'speak' like lol, brb, g2g, lol, ect. I mean most people I text, they text back I have to waste a text to say "What does that mean?" It's a pain in the neck.
yingxi is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #94
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by yingxi
Yeah, common text 'speak' like lol, brb, g2g, lol, ect. I mean most people I text, they text back I have to waste a text to say "What does that mean?" It's a pain in the neck.
Same here I feel like I'm out of place when I do that.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #95
Gifted

webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I know, I hate that! I do admit I use "thx" a little bit, but it does get on my nerves when people type like that a lot! Rep!
webkinz901 is offline Male
Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #96
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz901
I know, I hate that! I do admit I use "thx" a little bit, but it does get on my nerves when people type like that a lot! Rep!
Thanks! It gets on my nerves a lot also.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #97
not telling

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

Great reminder! I think that text speak is okay on Profile Messages, but no where else. Proper punctuation and capitalization should be used everywhere.

I spend alot of my time on WI reading stories, and there are many with 10+ chapters that are composed of senteces like this: 'i ran into the house and looked intently at u what could b going on where were u going'. They seem like great stories, but they're too hard to read, so I stop. If everyone would use proper grammer, punctuation, and capitalization, they would be so easy to read!

Thanks for the reminder!
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #98
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by :)Anna(:
Great reminder! I think that text speak is okay on Profile Messages, but no where else. Proper punctuation and capitalization should be used everywhere.

I spend alot of my time on WI reading stories, and there are many with 10+ chapters that are composed of senteces like this: 'i ran into the house and looked intently at u what could b going on where were u going'. They seem like great stories, but they're too hard to read, so I stop. If everyone would use proper grammer, punctuation, and capitalization, they would be so easy to read!

Thanks for the reminder!
I think that text speak is okay on profile messages also.

I have also seen some of WI's stories that some members have published, and some of them are just one big paragraph with no punctuation or grammar. They are hard to read, and if they were properly punctuated, I agree that more people would probably read them and comment.

Thank you for posting!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #99
not telling

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think that text speak is okay on profile messages also.

I have also seen some of WI's stories that some members have published, and some of them are just one big paragraph with no punctuation or grammar. They are hard to read, and if they were properly punctuated, I agree that more people would probably read them and comment.

Thank you for posting!
Exactly! Thank you for the friend request!
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #100
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I agree that we should try to make are posts as readable and clear as possible

and I just recently found out that tomorrow is spelled that way instead of tommorrow xD
Closed