Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #21
pupstar35 is
Gifted

pupstar35 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Trust

I agree thanks fro speaking up!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
ell, I guess I'm a
Gift Guru

iluvchanel is on a distinguished road

Well I don't know that I can totally agree,because about 2 months back someone made a thread saying they had a turtle and they were lying completely! So anyone can just make it up.This thread was there before the online turtle pictures were even found. So I would still require proof because that person needs proof to make it to front page news.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #23
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you soo much for stepping up!!

I for one am one who tries to stick up for for the person when people are flinging accusations. I am sure that I have offended many people here. I will stick up for someone even if I may have my own doubts.

But I look at it this way... What if they are lying? So what! They are obviously needing attention. They telling me that they found a toucan webkinz (just making one up) is not going to hurt me any. If it is true then eventually it will be in my area. If not that person made it up and had some fun.

These are toys. They are not life saving equipement. If you dont believe...dont respond. Just move on. You can nicely ask to see pictures and offer to help them with that and mention that they may be on the front page if they send pictures. I think that if the person is lying and everyone has been nice then eventually they will feel bad and confess.

I have gotten over 35 webkinz for my daughter for her birthday and Christmas (ok some of them will be for me) for next month but I wont share that because well for one I am not looking for congratulations and two, I am not about to feel as if I need to prove it to anyone.

I sent a pm to a moderator yesterday about this very thing.

Most of the accused "offenders" are kids and they are just excited about their finds or they make mistakes.

The golden rule should be dusted off and used.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
faeoori
Gift Guru

faeoori will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by millieroo
Thank you soo much for stepping up!!

I for one am one who tries to stick up for for the person when people are flinging accusations. I am sure that I have offended many people here. I will stick up for someone even if I may have my own doubts.

But I look at it this way... What if they are lying? So what! They are obviously needing attention. They telling me that they found a toucan webkinz (just making one up) is not going to hurt me any. If it is true then eventually it will be in my area. If not that person made it up and had some fun.

These are toys. They are not life saving equipement. If you dont believe...dont respond. Just move on. You can nicely ask to see pictures and offer to help them with that and mention that they may be on the front page if they send pictures. I think that if the person is lying and everyone has been nice then eventually they will feel bad and confess.

I have gotten over 35 webkinz for my daughter for her birthday and Christmas (ok some of them will be for me) for next month but I wont share that because well for one I am not looking for congratulations and two, I am not about to feel as if I need to prove it to anyone.

I sent a pm to a moderator yesterday about this very thing.

Most of the accused "offenders" are kids and they are just excited about their finds or they make mistakes.

The golden rule should be dusted off and used.
I have, on occasion asked for a picture. As some one else said, this website asks for proof before they post any thing in the news section.
I am always polite about how I ask, though, and offer to help in any way I can. In the example I gave where a user posted a beanie baby picture, I suggested nicely they put their pet in a cute position to show off the lovely magic w.

The problem is, these lies DO hurt people. I know they are often made by kids, but they hurt other children as well. If a child sees those kind of posts and takes it for true, they may thin they will get that type of webkinz very soon. If the children see it is a lie and see the person getting away with it, they may think they can get attention by making similar fibbing threads. I don't think we want either of these events occurring here on wi.

The trick, I believe, is moderation. When I see something I don't trust, I let them know gently. I may also report to the mods so they can step in and check things out. I don't make rude comments such as "you are a lier!!" but I also don't just let the bad behavior go on with out punishment. I do not believe ignoring a problem make it go away. In fact, I think it can make things worse.

These are just my views ^_~!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #25
Ask Me For It Please
Gifted

CheerChick124 is on a distinguished road

all of this is totally true i think everyone should read this! deifnitely rep to you!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
sugarplumgirl
Webkinz :)
googlegirl is on a distinguished road

IT is very disrespectful.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #27
sheekymonkey
Gift Guru

sheekymonkey has a spectacular aura about

even if they were lying who cares !
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #28
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by faeoori
I have, on occasion asked for a picture. As some one else said, this website asks for proof before they post any thing in the news section.
I am always polite about how I ask, though, and offer to help in any way I can. In the example I gave where a user posted a beanie baby picture, I suggested nicely they put their pet in a cute position to show off the lovely magic w.

The problem is, these lies DO hurt people. I know they are often made by kids, but they hurt other children as well. If a child sees those kind of posts and takes it for true, they may thin they will get that type of webkinz very soon. If the children see it is a lie and see the person getting away with it, they may think they can get attention by making similar fibbing threads. I don't think we want either of these events occurring here on wi.

The trick, I believe, is moderation. When I see something I don't trust, I let them know gently. I may also report to the mods so they can step in and check things out. I don't make rude comments such as "you are a lier!!" but I also don't just let the bad behavior go on with out punishment. I do not believe ignoring a problem make it go away. In fact, I think it can make things worse.

These are just my views ^_~!
But see you just gave your views in a nice calm way. I understand that people lie and that they should not get away with it. I would think that it would be very embaressing to be found out publically.

What I see is the problem is they have to prove their innocence before they are not found guilty. Kind of backwards. We should believe them and then if we find out otherwise rip em a new one. JK Im just trying to lighten this up. I personally do not care if there is some made up stuffed animal rumor going around. It isnt going to end life as I know it if I find out it was made up. And a child should not get soo upset because someone was lucky enough to see something before them and get it. Be happy for them and keep hounding your parents to buy it for you when it gets to your area. Plus it gives you more time to save up money. And if it is untrue...Get over it!
millieroo is offline Female
Old 11-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #29
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Thank you so much for the fantastic post. I am so glad you spoke up, I think it is just awful how people just jump in and call someone a liar. Most of these are children and I am sure they wouldn't want others saying that to them. Please remember to treat others as you would want them to treat you.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 11-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #30
mellowfellow11
Gifted

kinzluv is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree. Sometimes I ask if they could post pics, but not for "proof" as others do. I am sure to see "Congatz" so they know I believe them, and hey, who doesn't wanna see the cute new webkinz?
Closed