Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Default Trust

This has been bothering me for a few days, and I finally feel like I have to post about it:

I believe it is unfair, unkind, and very disrespectful when people post they "do not believe", "will not believe", "need proof", "want pics, or they won't believe", when a member of WI posts they purchased a brand new WEBKINZ release. (example: the penguin, the lil kinz penguin, the collie, the charcoal cat)
All of the people who posted that they bought these animals, truly did. Why were there so many people who refused to believe them?? And required proof???????

This is becoming very rude----and it will eventually discourage people from sharing their good news--and word of a new pets' release---with everyone in the WI family.

We need to have much more trust in our friends here at WI------no one is out to 'cheat us' or 'fool us'...........and if there are people out there who choose to be dishonest, the moderators and the administrators and Justin and Wendy will find them out soon enough---so it's not our place to decide who is 'cheating', or 'lying' or 'fooling'.

This is a forum in which we should be able to share our great news, share our new findings, share our new pets.....not receive a thread full of posts that suggest we are lying.

Just something we should all think about.

luvwebbies is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
cmihran is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Trust

Thank you so much for posting this. Rep
Old 11-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
superfreak911
Gifted

Superfreak will become famous soon enough

I agree. It is annoying and disrespectful.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
Gift Guru

penelope has disabled reputation

I totally agree with everything you say. It has been bothering me for a while as well but I have been silent... Thanks for speaking up...
penelope is offline Female
Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
MissyMossie
Webkinz :)

MissyMossie1119 is on a distinguished road

wow I totaly agrree too thax for noticing
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
faeoori
Gift Guru

faeoori will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure. In the past week I have seen three separate posts where some one claimed to be the first owner of some new webkinz. In all three cases, the threads were shut down due to lieing. In one case, the person posted a picture of a beanie baby and tried to claim it was a webkinz kangaroo! I think asking for proof is part of the process. I can say "hey, my dad runs webkinz" or "hey, I own 500 webkinz" and I could be completely fibbing. It is the job of all users to keep a watchful eye on these things. The mods can not be every where after all ^_~! It make me sad that there is so much lieing, but the questioning just proves we have smart, intuitive members!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #7
sydamty

it is nice to know there are people who are concerned about trust
Old 11-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
wifan

I agree with you.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:59 AM   #9
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

i agree. its hurtful to have someone accuse you of being a liar when you are just trying to share.
RedBear is offline Female
Old 11-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #10
moving on
Gift Guru

chaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to behold

You make some very good points faeoori (hope that's spelt right?) By the way, this is not directed towards you faeoori, just people in general. I think that some people have to be thoughtful when asking for "proof". As a community people here on Wi seem to lookout for the good of the forum. But it is negative to accuse people of lying or to straight out assume someone is lying and say show me some proof. It can be hurtful and many people are sensitive and shy. I personally am not easily offended, but most people are. Yes you will find a lie here and there, but I would just ignore it and let the thread die out. The truth usually surfaces on its own. I have also noticed a few threads where people have been genuine and honest and people don't believe what's being written. It's probably best to ask nicely if the person can please post a pic or a screen shot. There is no need for people to say "I won't believe you without proof". If you have a problem, PM a mod rather than post questions about someones honesty. Trust the mods to handle it in the best way.
chaotic is offline Female
Closed