Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #61
Webkinz :)

starsabove is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

I think you deserve a good amount of recognition for pointing this out. I have been to various forums before, and I am getting tired of people focusing on post count, and judging people based on how fast they post. I think you have worded and pointed out all these things wonderfully!
starsabove is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #62
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

View Post Originally Posted by pandyma618
hi. I've been a guest here for a while and, having just joined, have just read through the agreement to post in the forum. While I agree wholeheartedly with this thread, I have to ask, is that agreement new or did everyone have to agree to it, too? I ask because this thread reinforces to me just what it means to be an active member of the forum, but if its new, maybe some members had never heard some of what you said before? I've also read a handful of other threads that were similar in nature where the author of the post was told to leave the forum. Can you be thrown out because you offend someone, even if you didn't mean to? I was a guest so long and not a member because I'm afraid I'll be asked to leave too. The responses to this thread have been very nice, very supportive, the kind of thing that makes me want to be an active member. Those other ones recieved such mean spirited responses that I just don't know what to expect from other members. Sorry to be longwinded and a little off-topic. (I don't want to start my own thread, and this one really deserved to be put back on the front page).
I have italicized your paticular questions and written my anwers!

While I agree wholeheartedly with this thread, I have to ask, is that agreement new or did everyone have to agree to it, too? Yes, I believe everybody had to sign an agreement to become a member. Whether or not it has changed, I am not sure. I became a member in December so I don't remember if it was much different when I became a member.

I ask because this thread reinforces to me just what it means to be an active member of the forum, but if its new, maybe some members had never heard some of what you said before? I believe that you are speaking of this paticular thread? I made it a few weeks ago and I am sure that A LOT of members have not seen it. While I think it would really help a few users out to read it, I can say that most users have not had a chance to read it. It has not been made a "tagged" thread that would allow more users to see it.

Can you be thrown out because you offend someone, even if you didn't mean to? I have not actually heard of anybody since I have been a member that has been kicked out. I think it would take something very harsh/vulgar to get that to happen. They might just warn you if they see something that they do not approve of.

Those other ones recieved such mean spirited responses that I just don't know what to expect from other members. Sorry to be longwinded and a little off-topic. (I don't want to start my own thread, and this one really deserved to be put back on the front page). I can say that not everybody can be nice, just like in the real world, but mostly this website is FULL of helpful, kind, and supportive people. You really don't have to worry about coming in contact with people that might hurt your feelings or say something that is not kind--it is a rare occurance! Also, don't be afraid to start threads--that is part of the fun here on WI--and you want to enjoy everything that the site has to offer!

Welcome to WI and I hope this has helped you!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 04-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #63
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

I don't honestly give about my posts-number, I really just want to state my ideas. I hate it when people post "I Have No Clue." to just a question somebody had asked, but I do sometimes do that but catch myself. Also on the DCT, though, in a way it is ok. Like if you say "Ok. Sup?" and if you pass 10 characters and they actually mean something, it's ok.

One thing I find not right is when people say;; "Yup. *10characters*" That is against WI rules, and that is the only thing that makes me mad.

I know it sounds like I am rambling, but this is what I think.
Jake is offline Male
Old 04-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #64
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

And thank you for pointing that out! I couldn't agree more Super_Clydesdale_Bros !
Old 04-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #65
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

Thank you very much, I <3 Webkinz!
Jake is offline Male
Old 04-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #66
Gift Guru

absolutely, positively, NOT A PROBLEM!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #67
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Countrymom
I'm really glad to see a thread like this! One of the most distracting things to me is to try and read a thread for information or people's opinions and see all of the "omg 1st, 2nd, 3rd post!", "me too", "yay!" comments.

My family joined WW in January '08 and I was completely clueless to anything Webkinz. The only reason I even got involved in Webkinz was because my mother got my son a reindeer for Christmas and when he adopted it I fell in love with the game/site and bought a webkinz for myself and my husband as well. My husband stumbled onto Webkinz Insider and was always telling me all of this Webkinz related information! I kept thinking where on earth is he getting all this information from? Once he showed me the site, I fell in love with Webkinz Insider as well. It's been a huge source of information, as well as a reassurance when things go wrong. It's also great to know I'm not the only "parent/adult" that's addicted! I've never actually payed attention to my post count. In fact, I didn't even realize there was a post count until my husband stumbled onto the Gift Exchange and noticed you needed at least 50 post. (Yes, my husbands the observant one!). I'll admit, I've kept my eye on my post since then because I would love to be involved in exchanging gifts with other Webkinz lovers, but I haven't gone around posting random post to "up my count". So thank you to Webkinz Insider for providing a site where addicts like myself can come and chat, laugh, and read up on Webkinz related news! And thanks to you for posting this "reminder" - hopefully it'll sink in to those oblivious.
My Friend Fresian Em [Super_Fresian_Party] has been trying to be Gifted since August, when we had both joined. I am, but she is not on that much, but today I got her on, and I told her no spam, and please have responses and it had really effected her! She had posted mostly fulfilling posts overall.

Moral;; If you see anybody doing the spamm-ish posts, please PM them, and maybe they will stop
Jake is offline Male
Old 04-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #68
Gift Guru

Yep...that is a grand idea to help people out secretly and not make it a public thing!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #69
Gift Guru

Yes! I hate fighting on WI, and spam posts, so it would work out great xD. I am still reading all of these thread pages to find more information I can say and think of.

View Post Originally Posted by IzzysMom
I must say I agree whole heartedly. I probably check a few things every day - but I don't POST every day...sometimes I even get that little notice at the top of my screen that says "you haven't posted in a while, why not...." -- I figure most of the time, if I don't have something constructive to add -- or a question that I don't already see the answer to, why take up space? The posts that really annoy me are the ones with a poor subject line like "click here" or "hey look at this" - I don't even give those a second look. If the subject line doesn't mean anything to me...I waste my time reading the post...
I've noticed while making threads, people with the same question in threads pop up, and I think that WAS to cut down those duplicate threads.

Those threads with poor subjects annoy me too, also when people are like "OMGG!! AHHH LOOK WHAT I FOUNDDD!!?!??!" and they found a Lil' Frog or something. People should also properly name their threads better. :]

Last edited by Jake; 04-05-2008 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jake is offline Male
Old 04-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #70
Gift Guru

I agree!
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.