Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #51
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

....b-umping it up....
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #52
PofNatey

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

I totally agree with you I hate those people that do that (no offense)
I became a member just in February, and can already call this place home
rep points for you!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #53
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

wow yuo are so right. i will never think off wi the same...in a good way... and thx for sharing that with me!
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #54
goldfish191
Gifted

kittygrl1010 is a splendid one to beholdkittygrl1010 is a splendid one to beholdkittygrl1010 is a splendid one to beholdkittygrl1010 is a splendid one to behold

I completely agree with you.
And I am very happy someone finally took the time to post a topic about it.
I rarely check my post count. I simply look at many boards and never post in them. I did however, notice when gift exchange posts got added onto our count. Since that was quite the jump for me
But it just adjectates (not to sure how to spell it ) when people come here and do exactly as you said, just to brag about how many posts they have.
It pains me almost as much as browsing through the pet name boards, with all those holding name shops, who constantly rant on each others boards.
Now that, throws me through a loop!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #55
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Yes, they just want credit for what they have done...and that is not what this site is about.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #56
StarKatie2002
Gift Guru

StarKatie is a glorious beacon of lightStarKatie is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 

I whole heartedly agree with your post!!! I am sick of opening a thread to find out an answer to something just to see page after page of "fluff" postings. It is usually obvious who is trying to help answer the question and who just wants another post point. I hope everyone reads your thread and starts following it!
StarKatie is offline Female
Old 04-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #57
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

I agree!
And I laugh LOL because no one would ever accuse me of posting tiny posts just to up my post count- if anything my posts are usually quite wordy and definitely sharing my opinion on things way further than just yes or nope. LOL

I don't care about my post count and in fact when they counted all the GE posts all the sudden it was kinda embarrassing how many posts I had total. LOL I had no idea......

I don't really get the rep points. I mean it's nice to get them- but I only recently even found out where you can read the rep points and it's only for your own benefit to read in your "user cp home"- right? there's no place for others to see how many rep points you have- so there's really no need to post "rep poins for you"- the person will see it... and no one else will, right? so the posts are just to let everyone ELSE know you gave someone rep points? I don't really get the rep points thing. it doesn't add up anywhere does it? just see it on user cp home right?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #58
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

My exact point I tried to get through to a user the other day, who was worried if they had enough postrs for the amount of time they had been on WI. I told them that it was the quality of the posts that counted, not the quantity, your exact point. Thanks for making this thread. I told the user that if they just said OK, NAH, WHATEVER, and stuff like that, they were under the 10 character limit, anyways, and I mostly try to go above and beyond what I have to, at least a paragraph. 3-5 Sentences is a good paragraph, folks. Thanks again for making this thread!
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #59
Gift Guru

ruby---the fact that rep points are hidden are what I like about them. it is a little way to show someone that what they did was kind/helpful without flaunting it to the world. this shows that you want to let the person know that what they did was good without having to get credit for saying so through a post. does this make sense?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #60
Gift Guru

pandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

hi. I've been a guest here for a while and, having just joined, have just read through the agreement to post in the forum. While I agree wholeheartedly with this thread, I have to ask, is that agreement new or did everyone have to agree to it, too? I ask because this thread reinforces to me just what it means to be an active member of the forum, but if its new, maybe some members had never heard some of what you said before? I've also read a handful of other threads that were similar in nature where the author of the post was told to leave the forum. Can you be thrown out because you offend someone, even if you didn't mean to? I was a guest so long and not a member because I'm afraid I'll be asked to leave too. The responses to this thread have been very nice, very supportive, the kind of thing that makes me want to be an active member. Those other ones recieved such mean spirited responses that I just don't know what to expect from other members. Sorry to be longwinded and a little off-topic. (I don't want to start my own thread, and this one really deserved to be put back on the front page).
pandyma618 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.