Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #41
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

Any more thoughts?
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #42
My Webkinz will be a
Gift Guru

dancinwebkinzlvr has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read this now to understand what the true meaning of WI is and distinguish between what is not the true meaning of the site!

I would have to totally agree. I value all of my posts, and yes, I would like to see rainbow stars under my name some day. That does not have to be soon, but I want it to happen. That doesn't mean I'll go out and form posts like that. I also find it annoying when people ASK for rep points. I'd rather go to someone and be like " I have x number of rep points- but I earned them." I want to earn those kinds of things, not just have them to show. It seems that people are trying to get this to show, not for the true meaning. I completly and totally understand where you are coming from and I have to agree with you. I have been a WI member for almost a year, activly posting for multiple months. I have also seen this change develop across WI. I also noticed that everyone is about petitioning and getting EXACTLY what they want. Some things just don't go the way we want, and we have got to understand this. I got very annoyed coming and seeing 4 petitions on the same concept, just modified a little bit. People think these help, and they might, but i personally don't think they do.

^^Sorry if I totally got off topic. I'm also sorry if I came off really rude or mean. As I re-read my post, it seemed that way to me. I was NOT trying to be mean or rude!
dancinwebkinzlvr is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #43
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Hmmm...it does not sound rude or mean at all. It sounds LOGICAL and perfectly accurate. Thank you for bringing up the petition thing. I am going to put yours up on the main page.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #44
My Webkinz will be a
Gift Guru

dancinwebkinzlvr has a spectacular aura about

No problem. People just have to understand that, while they may think so, we do not always get everything we want. Ganz is a multi-million dollar industry, and they don't have to listen to our requests. While it may help the company, they make enough money to keep every thing as it is.
dancinwebkinzlvr is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #45
ill give in GE
Gift Guru

Countrymom has disabled reputation

I'm really glad to see a thread like this! One of the most distracting things to me is to try and read a thread for information or people's opinions and see all of the "omg 1st, 2nd, 3rd post!", "me too", "yay!" comments.

My family joined WW in January '08 and I was completely clueless to anything Webkinz. The only reason I even got involved in Webkinz was because my mother got my son a reindeer for Christmas and when he adopted it I fell in love with the game/site and bought a webkinz for myself and my husband as well. My husband stumbled onto Webkinz Insider and was always telling me all of this Webkinz related information! I kept thinking where on earth is he getting all this information from? Once he showed me the site, I fell in love with Webkinz Insider as well. It's been a huge source of information, as well as a reassurance when things go wrong. It's also great to know I'm not the only "parent/adult" that's addicted! I've never actually payed attention to my post count. In fact, I didn't even realize there was a post count until my husband stumbled onto the Gift Exchange and noticed you needed at least 50 post. (Yes, my husbands the observant one!). I'll admit, I've kept my eye on my post since then because I would love to be involved in exchanging gifts with other Webkinz lovers, but I haven't gone around posting random post to "up my count". So thank you to Webkinz Insider for providing a site where addicts like myself can come and chat, laugh, and read up on Webkinz related news! And thanks to you for posting this "reminder" - hopefully it'll sink in to those oblivious.
Countrymom is offline Female
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #46
totallycupcake362

you are so right! this needs to change
Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #47
BbellesMom
Gifted

IzzysMom is on a distinguished road

I must say I agree whole heartedly. I probably check a few things every day - but I don't POST every day...sometimes I even get that little notice at the top of my screen that says "you haven't posted in a while, why not...." -- I figure most of the time, if I don't have something constructive to add -- or a question that I don't already see the answer to, why take up space? The posts that really annoy me are the ones with a poor subject line like "click here" or "hey look at this" - I don't even give those a second look. If the subject line doesn't mean anything to me...I waste my time reading the post...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #48
Gift Guru

Ah!! These are all put so well! Thank you for all your input! I am glad to see that I am not the only one who believes this!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #49
None of your beeswax
Gifted

tigeress3 will become famous soon enough

I post only to share my opinion and to help others, or to encourage. I don't even know how to access rep!

---------- tigeress3 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Also, spam posts really grind my beans (coffee pun). I hate it when people post, "Look at my GE!" on totally unrelated threads. In fact, today I saw a post that said "I'm bored so someone message me!" in all capital letters. I was inches away from reporting them.

Last edited by tigeress3; 03-25-2008 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #50
Gift Guru

yes---the advertisement for avvie/siggy shops and GE's is crazy!!!

---------- i <3 webkinz! added 1080 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

I have quoted several very good posts on this topic in my original post. Feel free to also read those!

Last edited by LilyRose; 03-26-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.