Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #341
A happy
Webkinz :)

coupon12 is a jewel in the roughcoupon12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: The TRUE Meaning of Webkinz Insider - Old Thread/Same Message

Me too, Who cares about the post count. I thought WI was a place for talk and fun, not comitition.
coupon12 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #342
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by pinkbab89
I don't really care much about my post count either. And, I don't even want to be Gifted. I just came here to talk about Webkinz. I would like to see my rainbows someday, because they are really pretty. They look nice there, but I don't need them right now. And I don't see why people NAME their rainbows and spinnies. I don't care about Rep either. I've never even given out Rep. I do have some Rep, but I don't really care. WI is about Webkinz, not the race to see how many posts or Rep points someone has. I think everyone should understand that. At least the people who have posted great things on this thread. I am glad I am still just a webkinz. I'm going to be a Webkinz until I decide to leave WI.
Don't ever feel that you are "just a webkinz" because you are not just anything--you are a member of WI. We are all just members of a website to help and be helped, as Penny Lane so wonderfully puts it. Labels should not mean a thing.

View Post Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I totally agree we don't want WI to turn into a competition. For example the daily chat thread is a place to chat,make new friends etc but other people take advantage of it. They are always worried about how high they are in the top posters link how much post they make on the daily chat thread. That is not what we want WI to be about. I also agree about reputation you should not ask for them. The meaning about being nice and helping people is feeling good about helping somebody,knowing you did something right and not expecting something in return. What they also do is random reputation were you randomly give out reputation points to people. To me that is the same as asking for reputation but saying it in a different way. Is this really what you want WI to be about? Like you said don't make guides that are already made or that are not needed or just copying a guide. These are all examples of what you said.
You have wonderful thoughts!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #343
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Great thread! Exactly what I just said in mine
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #344
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

I agree with it all, I love to get on WI to help people, not to worry about reps or posts
JJ08 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #345
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Also, people are always trying to be Top Poster on the DCT. It really doesn't matter what place your in. The TP could have short replies and spam on there. And if you try to be TP, you'd be on the computer all day and that's not good. I dislike it when someone says, "I'm going to beat so-and-so at TP! (:" It doesn't matter how much rep you have either. Like last night the DCT had a *rep fest* and everyone gave out random rep and everyone gained 2 boxes. Now, I don't think they deserved those boxes. Random rep isn't right.
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #346
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #347
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

LilyRose, you got it right on the button. How many posts you have, giftz pointz, rep, or how many starts doesn't matter, what matters is helping others with problems. I hope people will understand what you are saying here, because this is the best explanation of WI I've ever come across, and I've come across many. I think you need to add this thing with insider insider, lost of people are feeling left out because of it. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #348
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I know what you mean, sure I , myself, Might be excited to get my rainbow stars soon...but I am working on earning it. Not gaining it out of "No. Yes. and Nopes."
I think people shouldn't be so obsessed over their reps and stars, earn them over time...not by trying to rush.

Great thread

~Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #349
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by S.O.S.Star
I know what you mean, sure I , myself, Might be excited to get my rainbow stars soon...but I am working on earning it. Not gaining it out of "No. Yes. and Nopes."
I think people shouldn't be so obsessed over their reps and stars, earn them over time...not by trying to rush.

Great thread

~Star
You and me are kind of in the same place---you with the rainbows and me with the spinny. I am close but I refuse to make any post anything less then my best just to make it come sooner. I am doing everyone a disservice by doing that, mostly myself.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #350

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Thanks for this post LilyRose, or I guess I should say thanks for reviving an old one.

I occasionally venture out of my normal WI haunts and look for interesting posts elsewhere. It is at those times I run across people comparing the scores or status they have received, asking for rep points or ratings. And I see people complaining about rude posts. And I realize that my “sheltered” existence is of my own making (and I intend to keep it that way!). If I see something I don’t like, I just don’t read any further. I have limited time for WW and WI and I certainly don’t want to waste it even reading something someone wrote in text-speak, let alone a whole thread of posts saying nothing at all but “me too”. I am sure I sometimes miss out on information that would be useful or interesting because of my habit to just go to another area of the forum (but if it is really useful I am sure I will hear of it elsewhere on WI!)

I try to help if I have something to add, and have even received some rep points myself. Nice of them. But to me, it feels good to help, not to get another rep point. When I have a similar problem to someone else and I read the answers to their questions, I have occasionally given rep points. And I have wished I could give minus points for the people who respond saying “i dunno aobout that”. But I probably wouldn’t give minus points even if I could. Some of these posters are children who haven’t learned email or forum etiquette yet, and we will hope they will learn by example here.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.