Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #331
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: The TRUE Meaning of Webkinz Insider - Old Thread/Same Message

View Post Originally Posted by *RowRow*
Well... uhhh...
you had some very good points BUT:
I have to disagree with you on the "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" thing. I mean, I would rather get a "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" comment then nothing at all. Sometimes it's just nice to know that there are people out there who agree with you and can relate to you, or think you had a good idea, or something like that. I would rather someone just say "Me too!" then "Yes, I agree with you. Blah blah bla..." and just go on with fluff, trying to make their post longer so they don't have to have a "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" comment.
Actually, the fluff is the "Yeah!" or the "Me too!"
These site stresses putting effort into your post. If you can't say more then "Yes" or "Me too!" it is better to just not post at all. Chances are if you agree/disagree you have enough of an opinion to see more then that anyway!

And when people say more then just one word, they are not trying to make their post longer--they are trying to making a post of substance. Kudos to all who do that!! It's really what you are supposed to do here on WI.
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #332
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪
Webkinz :)

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

Take a look at my avvie. Something I found at iconator.
And take a look at my siggie. "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix.
It's NOT all about reps and posts, etc.
I remembered on the DCT when everyone said "Wow! You have 1000 posts already!" (I've been on here for barely 2 weeks)
I was embarrassed.
It matters about there CHARACTER -points at avvie-
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #333

*RowRow* has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Actually, the fluff is the "Yeah!" or the "Me too!"
These site stresses putting effort into your post. If you can't say more then "Yes" or "Me too!" it is better to just not post at all. Chances are if you agree/disagree you have enough of an opinion to see more then that anyway!

And when people say more then just one word, they are not trying to make their post longer--they are trying to making a post of substance. Kudos to all who do that!! It's really what you are supposed to do here on WI.

Ehhh...
I guess you have a point. I'm not really one of those "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" people but I'm just saying that I'd rather get a "Me too! Ya! Nope!" comment then nothing at all. Also grownups are better with words than kids. I mean for pete's sake I can't just sit there and write a 5 paragraph essay every time!!! It took me 10 minutes just to tipe this!
Ok well bye.
~RowRow
P.S. Good post!!!! =D

UPDATE: ok well I just timed myself and it took me 6 and a half minutes to write this not ten but whatever it is still kind of a long time...
*RowRow* is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #334
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

I totally agree. IT doesn't matter how much post, stars, rep, ect that a user has; its what they are inside. We were all a Lil' Kinz once, right? (Well, maybe not Justin...)

--oon23
oon23 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #335
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I agree that each of your posts should contribute to the community in some way but even in real life, sometimes all a person needs to hear is "Me too! You are not alone"

I think no single post can be taken out of context and be judged by the words in that post alone.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #336
00jacksonredwall

0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown

When WI bucks had just come out I saw threads everywhere saying things like "How many WI Bucks do you have?". I made a goal to not even pay attention to them. I decided the only way to do that was to give them out to other people, since it costs to give. Now I have barely any WI bucks, but all that matters is that I'm not obsessed with them now.
0jacksonredwall is offline Male
Old 03-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #337
no day but today
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait

I don't really care much about my post count either. And, I don't even want to be Gifted. I just came here to talk about Webkinz. I would like to see my rainbows someday, because they are really pretty. They look nice there, but I don't need them right now. And I don't see why people NAME their rainbows and spinnies. I don't care about Rep either. I've never even given out Rep. I do have some Rep, but I don't really care. WI is about Webkinz, not the race to see how many posts or Rep points someone has. I think everyone should understand that. At least the people who have posted great things on this thread. I am glad I am still just a webkinz. I'm going to be a Webkinz until I decide to leave WI.
pinkbab89 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #338

Penny Lane is a genius through and through
Penny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and throughPenny Lane is a genius through and through

I totally agree we don't want WI to turn into a competition. For example the daily chat thread is a place to chat,make new friends etc but other people take advantage of it. They are always worried about how high they are in the top posters link how much post they make on the daily chat thread. That is not what we want WI to be about. I also agree about reputation you should not ask for them. The meaning about being nice and helping people is feeling good about helping somebody,knowing you did something right and not expecting something in return. What they also do is random reputation were you randomly give out reputation points to people. To me that is the same as asking for reputation but saying it in a different way. Is this really what you want WI to be about? Like you said don't make guides that are already made or that are not needed or just copying a guide. These are all examples of what you said.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #339

idog1995 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Penny Lane .
idog1995 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #340
Yikes! I have 9

misshoneyham will become famous soon enough

That is so true! I don't care how many posts I have-I come here because I can meet people with the same interests, and help, and be helped! Thanks for putting this up!
misshoneyham is offline Female
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.