Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #321
ow! I'm
Gifted

sajcwebin has a spectacular aura about

Donation Level 3 
Default Re: The TRUE Meaning of Webkinz Insider - Old Thread/Same Message

Thanks for starting this great so long ago LilyRose. I just gave you rep and I gave the thread a 5 star rating too. I am new here and I don't get here that often. The only reason I even notice my post count is because I would like to be part of the Gift Exchange whenever possible. But, I still intend to post only when I think it's necessary for one reason or another. I will get to 50 whenever I get there. You all are so quick to be helpful and answer questions that anything I have to contribute has usually already been said. But, that's a good thing!
sajcwebin is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #322
MelloXAki

unimist58999 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by WeBkiNz_rox_929
Yes I have noticed that.
My WI friends cheer me up so much. I've had a really bad day recently and I went on here for a while and I was satisfied. My WI friends are truly some of the nicest friends I have. I know they don't judge me on how many reps or posts I have, and I don't judge them on how many reps or posts they have. WI is the best.
And I'm one of those friends!
unimist58999 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #323
Call me Bacon!
Webkinz :)

WeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the roughWeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the rough

Yes you are, Jenn! =]
WeBkiNz_rox_929 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #324
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by unimist58999
And I'm one of those friends!

Oh! Oh! *waves hand wildly* I think that's me too!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #325
Call me Bacon!

WeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the roughWeBkiNz_rox_929 is a jewel in the rough

Yup...correct! =]
WeBkiNz_rox_929 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #326

CKinz will become famous soon enough

OK, Now that I have an good idea about rep, here are my comments:
View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Another thing that I don't like to see is when people ASK for rep points. If you do something good for somebody, isn't the feeling that you did something good enough for you?
OK...Not to sound negative, but if people are ASKING for rep...I think a Mod should be notified. Rep should be given freely and deservingly, not forced or guilted out of members! That is totally unacceptable.

Now that we have the rep boxes, I am seeing so many people just answering questions to get the rep points. If a question has been answered, don't answer it 20 times just to get the rep point. Move onto another thread and help out someone else who hasn't been helped yet.
I think sometime several posts go up within minutes of eachother, and then sometimes members wish to provide friendly support. If there looking for rep from answering a question for the 5th time...I have a feeling they are wasting thier time

Also, don't make a guide just to "fish for rep points" because it is very obvious when rep is your motive. You don't want to be known as a fisherman. Hehe, joke there. But being serious again, rep is something you earn through just being helpful. Wouldn't you feel better about earning it then making a bunch of reminder threads about things people know or making guides about things that are not needed?

Guides are great, but LR is right ...there do seem to be duplicates. I haven't come accross useless Guides though...perhaps I'm just not exploring enough

I guess what I am really trying to get at is for all of you to really question why you are here. Do you want to help people, encourage people, and feel like you always have people you can turn to when times are rough?
While I fully respect what LR is getting at, not all members are here to help everyone out or provide encouragement (this is a personal choice). WI in my opinion should be about sharing information and the love of WW and the plush and making friends based on common interests. While making friends will come without most members even trying, I don't think I'd go as far as to say WI should be the place to come when things are rough. Perhaps sharing problems with a few close members is sensible, but very personal matters don't really belong on public boards if you ask me. (I hope that makes sense)

Don't get me wrong..."I'm having a bad day", "My cat passed away last night", "I passed my exam with 95%" or "I have a discipline issue with DD...what's your suggestion?" are all perfectly normal posts, but I'd hate to see sympathy posts, graphic posts about abuse or relashionship issues - They really don't belong here. If you need help with these matters contact a close friend through PM, or even better - close real-life friends and family. That's my 2 cents.

it is all about QUALITY, not QUANTITY!
Very well said!

CKinz

Last edited by CKinz; 03-05-2009 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: broken quote
CKinz is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #327
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

This thread nearly made me cry. I never really go in this section much but I am so glad that I did!! Rep.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #328
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

CKinz, you have some great thoughts!
Yes, and a lot of the things you mentioned are NOT tolerated and were not what I was getting at. The big life issues are not really at all what I was meaning by coming for help. Those are not meant for such a large forum anyway---with younger children especially.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #329
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

almost 14 days of inactivity
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #330

*RowRow* has a spectacular aura about

Well... uhhh...
you had some very good points BUT:
I have to disagree with you on the "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" thing. I mean, I would rather get a "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" comment then nothing at all. Sometimes it's just nice to know that there are people out there who agree with you and can relate to you, or think you had a good idea, or something like that. I would rather someone just say "Me too!" then "Yes, I agree with you. Blah blah bla..." and just go on with fluff, trying to make their post longer so they don't have to have a "Me too!, Ya!, Nope!" comment.
*RowRow* is offline Female
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.