Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #261
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: The TRUE Meaning of Webkinz Insider - Old Thread/Same Message

As this thread says, rep is not important anyway.
Your nice comments are worth more to me.
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #262
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Thank you for making this thread!

WI is such a wonderful place, where people can find things that they have in common with others. If you just post little short comments like that to threads you hardly even read or care about, what's the point?

It doesn't matter whether you have gold boxes, spinning stars, or have a high status. Everyone is the same here, really, (even though we're all different at the same time!). So it's best not to reply to a thread just to get a few more posts.

THANK YOU! REP!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #263
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by soccerox7
Thank you for making this thread!

WI is such a wonderful place, where people can find things that they have in common with others. If you just post little short comments like that to threads you hardly even read or care about, what's the point?

It doesn't matter whether you have gold boxes, spinning stars, or have a high status. Everyone is the same here, really, (even though we're all different at the same time!). So it's best not to reply to a thread just to get a few more posts.

THANK YOU! REP!
Yes, my motto is to ONLY post on a thread where I can actually contribute my two cents.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #264
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I agree. This is a very good post and I'd like to point out some things I really liked about it.

First of all, I like how you put quality over quantity.

I also liked the part about copying threads. We do not need any reminder threads that have been posted at least five times. I also have had some of my more successful thread ideas copied and passed off as someone else's. That does not feel good, I can assure you.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #265
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree with you, completely! I think people need to go back and take a look at the TRUE meaning of this site. It's definitely about more than how many reps and posts you have and how many friends. I've seen that it has become nothing more than a popularity contest for some, and that's just terrible. I could not have said this better myself. Quality not Quantity, people should not post just for the sake of adding to their count. No post should be made for a rep point, it should be made to help out and share kind words. SPAM should be the last thing people think to post when we are on such a wonderful site there is no need for spam. People really need to remember the true meaning, and I hope everyone sees this thread. [rep]
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #266
Webkinz eat
Webkinz :)

WillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree!
and, when i was new to WI, i posted and said stuff like, "Hi! Im New Here!", and i think, that less people welcomed new users then, because everyone ignored me.
i hope more people start to care less about post count and rep, and start caring about haveing a nice conversation that means something, be valued by your generosity, not your post count!
WillowT is offline Female
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #267
ow imma...

95cute51 has disabled reputation

I agree completely! I don't care about reps, in fact I would be OK if I didn't get any at all! The other day I got a rep for helping a new member to a club. It made me feel sooo good. Not because I am one rep closer to another rep box than I was, but because I helped. If there is a poll and I can't think of anything to say, I just vote and move on. Half the time I don't even pay attention to my post numbers so I didn't even notice when I gained a star. Odds are, when I get my rainbows, I wont even notice. I like your "Quality not Quantity" motto. I thank you for making this thread, I am sure it will help others like it did me! Enjoy your day

♥cute
95cute51 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #268
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Thanks for posting this thread! I think that I might have been caught in the 'ooh so close to 4 rep boxes' and 'I'm posting this just to get closer to rainbows' mojo a little bit. While it does feel good to get rep and have rainbow stars that is not the point of WI at all. I will start to rethink my posts a little bit more and try to give rep a little less 'randomly' (meaning -> not that i give random rep in the first place but just on well made posts and for people who i find helpful (like you)). I think that while rep boxes/stars should stay they are overrated. It feels good to get more rep and get more boxes, but it shouldn't feel good if you got them out of a "fisherman's thread" (rep fishing) Thanks again for posting this!

---------- Emloveswebkins added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

Oh and i love the Quality not Quantity thing!

Last edited by Emloveswebkins; 02-21-2009 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #269
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I agree, and I'm very happy you made this thread.
Lately, people seem to make these threads and not even know what they're saying. They pretty much 'copy', if that's the right word, something that someone else said just for rep. It's wrong. I know, it feels good to get another star, or rainbows, or to be promoted to a Gift Trainee, or to have your 10,000th post and a new orange rep box, but think, people!!! You can gloat all you want, say whatever you want to a member with one star, or one rep box, or 30 posts! It hurts. It really, really does. You may not realize it, but we can make a difference by sharing a laugh, making someone smile, or just having a simple conversation with someone. In the 'Somebody Help!" area of the Forum, I see threads with 100 posts and 1,000 views (maybe not that many..), and another one with no posts at all with like, 46 views! WI is to make friends, chat, and help others. It's not a popularity contest. So, if you do see a thread with no posts and a ridiculous amount of views, lend a hand! Even if you can't help, let the person know that you've tried, not that you just saw the thread, said "Psh, I have no clue." and clicked away! It's nice to at least give a minute to read something over, and really think about it! So, you totally deserve a rep, for reminding us all that it's not about what your rank is, or how many posts or stars you have, it's about caring for one another and taking the time to explain things.

♥Alyssa
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #270
Gift Guru

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I just loving hearing what everyone has to say.
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.