Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
heronbythesea
Gifted

heronbythesea is a glorious beacon of lightheronbythesea is a glorious beacon of lightheronbythesea is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

Yeah, I can understand. I guess I don't pay any attention to how many posts someone has, so I never thought it was a big deal how many you had! It is nice if they do say something more, but I just don't want to criticize everybody who does it, because sometimes maybe it's legitimate.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru

jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 

I immediately understand this post. I am new, but I quickly understood that this was a site that was for the pure lover of all things WW. I really don't care about points, rep (whatever it is), etc.; I'm just really happy to find people happy to do the same thing that makes me happy--playing WW! Well said, and Happy Easter!
jkb1957 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #13
Less glitchy than
Webkinz :)

Spinda will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
I immediately understand this post. I am new, but I quickly understood that this was a site that was for the pure lover of all things WW. I really don't care about points, rep (whatever it is), etc.; I'm just really happy to find people happy to do the same thing that makes me happy--playing WW! Well said, and Happy Easter!
Yeah, I don't even understand what rep really is lol. What purpose does it serve?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
ow!Nick Jonas is so
Gifted

Crazyj will become famous soon enough

I do think you have a point.Lately I have been seeing threads entitled ''YAY 2000 POST!''It does get a bit annoying.I always look forward to getting 2000 posts(Which I am very close to!)but I will not post un-imformitive posts just to get that number.It's ok to once in a while to say "Ya,i think so too''but not all the time.

And then gift points,you see that I don't have much,but people trade like crazy just to impress.I once in a while trade.I also really want to become a gift guru,but not in competition.

Thank you so much for making a great point.Enough said.

HAPPY EASTER!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree with you. In fact i rarely give out rep points - i know people who give rep to give rep. I rarely give out rep because unless something like your post hits me and makes me think or is outragously helpful i don't give rep. Once i got a rep point that said i picked a good color and font for my post. WHAT?! Anyway -

I agree it's the quality of the post not the quanity. That is why i am not a big fan of people who have rainbow stars because of rps ONLY. If you help in all different sections that is wonderful.

I look up to ThePoint16 on WI because they are helpful ALL the time. They have a lot of posts but that isn't what i care about - i care that most/all of those posts are helpful. I really like Pointy's manners as well.

You are very right about posting and competion to get gifted and gift guru and everything like that.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #16
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Spinda
Yeah, I don't even understand what rep really is lol. What purpose does it serve?
Rep points are given to people when somebody thinks they went out of their way to do something extroidarnary. But when people ask for it--that is the problem.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
Less glitchy than
Webkinz :)

Spinda will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
Rep points are given to people when somebody thinks they went out of their way to do something extroidarnary. But when people ask for it--that is the problem.
Yeah, but what's the point of that? You can just thank someone. Why "give them rep?" Just kind of weird to me, because it does seem like people just ask for it and try to get more than everyone else.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #18
Gifted

toothpick95 has a spectacular aura about

Your so right! I love to talk but am never worried about my posts though they can get high cause I talk a lot. I love to post. But WI is awesome and people just shouldn't think of it as a race to see who has more posts so and so.
toothpick95 is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Spinda
Yeah, but what's the point of that? You can just thank someone. Why "give them rep?" Just kind of weird to me, because it does seem like people just ask for it and try to get more than everyone else.
Well I think it is a good thing because it allows you to show somebody your appreciation for something they did. I get that totally--I give rep when people really go out of their way for me or somebody else. I just want to show them what they did was awesome, truly awesome. Nobody but the user you give it too will see it, so it is like a hidden thank you.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by LilyRose; 03-22-2008 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
peachmary68
Gift Guru

peachymary has a reputation beyond reputepeachymary has a reputation beyond reputepeachymary has a reputation beyond reputepeachymary has a reputation beyond reputepeachymary has a reputation beyond reputepeachymary has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...Nice thread! Makes alot of sense! You worded it very well and has opened my eyes to what this site really is about! Who cares who has this many posts...and that...silly really! I love the site and competition just takes the fun out of things! Thanks for wording it so well!
peachymary is offline Female
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.