Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Exclamation The TRUE Meaning of Webkinz Insider - Old Thread/Same Message

Webkinz Insider
Quality Over Quantity
---------------------------------------------
The very nature of kindness
Is to spread.
If you are kind to others,
Today they will be kind to you,
And tomorrow to somebody else.

--Sri Chinmoy
---------------------------------------------

Webkinz Insider is a place to talk about problems in life, WW, and anything else that might be bothering us. We can also come here to talk about what might be going well for us, again in life and in WW. It is place we can come to find answers to our problems and help others with their problems. Since I became a member in December of 2007, I really feel like people have brought me in and treated me like family. I have met many great people and cherish the relationships that have bloomed from being a member on this very website.

My personal motto is to ONLY post on a thread where I can genuinely contribute my two cents.

---------------------------------------------

Now I want to talk about something that has really bothered me as I go through the forum. It seems like everybody is all worked up on how many posts they have, how many gift points they have, and how much rep they have been given. I feel people have lost the true meaning of this website.




If you just come here everyday and post things like:
  • "Me too!"
  • "Ya!"
  • "Nope!"
then who are you really helping? I question all of you this now. Are you just hear to earn credit, to make it a competition? The number of posts you have means nothing but the content of your posts--that is what it is all about.

Another thing that I don't like to see is when people ASK for rep points. If you do something good for somebody, isn't the feeling that you did something good enough for you?

---------------------------------------------

Now that we have the rep boxes, I am seeing so many people just answering questions to get the rep points. If a question has been answered, don't answer it 20 times just to get the rep point. Move onto another thread and help out someone else who hasn't been helped yet.

Also, don't make a guide just to "fish for rep points" because it is very obvious when rep is your motive. You don't want to be known as a fisherman. Hehe, joke there. But being serious again, rep is something you earn through just being helpful. Wouldn't you feel better about earning it then making a bunch of reminder threads about things people know or making guides about things that are not needed?

---------------------------------------------

I think that the whole competition aspect some bring to WI are all because of stats--posts, rep, etc. Not all users want to be known for their post count--but the content of their posts...and not all members want to be known by their rep--but that they were able to help people. Who do you chose to be?

---------------------------------------------

I guess what I am really trying to get at is for all of you to really question why you are here. Do you want to help people, encourage people, and feel like you always have people you can turn to when times are rough? I know that is what brings me here everyday! Please don't let Webkinz Insider turn into one big competition--because that is not at all what it is about.

I hope this has helped some of you to understand these last words that I leave you with, it is all about QUALITY, not QUANTITY!

---------------------------------------------

Click for some great responses that just further show what I am getting at.
Spoiler: show

View Post Originally Posted by Spinda
I don't care about my post count-I don't even notice what it is half the time. I don't know why things like that matter to some people. In the long run of your life, it is not going to matter how many posts you made on such-and-such website.


View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
I immediately understand this post. I am new, but I quickly understood that this was a site that was for the pure lover of all things WW. I really don't care about points, rep (whatever it is), etc.; I'm just really happy to find people happy to do the same thing that makes me happy--playing WW! Well said, and Happy Easter!


View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21
I agree with you. In fact i rarely give out rep points - i know people who give rep to give rep. I rarely give out rep because unless something like your post hits me and makes me think or is outragously helpful i don't give rep. Once i got a rep point that said i picked a good color and font for my post. WHAT?! Anyway -
View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21

I agree it's the quality of the post not the quanity. That is why i am not a big fan of people who have rainbow stars because of rps ONLY. If you help in all different sections that is wonderful.

I look up to ThePoint16 on WI because they are helpful ALL the time. They have a lot of posts but that isn't what i care about - i care that most/all of those posts are helpful. I really like Pointy's manners as well.

You are very right about posting and competion to get gifted and gift guru and everything like that.
View Post Originally Posted by dancinwebkinzlvr
I would have to totally agree. I value all of my posts, and yes, I would like to see rainbow stars under my name some day. That does not have to be soon, but I want it to happen. That doesn't mean I'll go out and form posts like that. I also find it annoying when people ASK for rep points. I'd rather go to someone and be like " I have x number of rep points- but I earned them." I want to earn those kinds of things, not just have them to show. It seems that people are trying to get this to show, not for the true meaning. I completly and totally understand where you are coming from and I have to agree with you. I have been a WI member for almost a year, activly posting for multiple months. I have also seen this change develop across WI. I also noticed that everyone is about petitioning and getting EXACTLY what they want. Some things just don't go the way we want, and we have got to understand this. I got very annoyed coming and seeing 4 petitions on the same concept, just modified a little bit. People think these help, and they might, but i personally don't think they do.
View Post Originally Posted by dancinwebkinzlvr

^^Sorry if I totally got off topic. I'm also sorry if I came off really rude or mean. As I re-read my post, it seemed that way to me. I was NOT trying to be mean or rude!
View Post Originally Posted by Countrymom
I'm really glad to see a thread like this! One of the most distracting things to me is to try and read a thread for information or people's opinions and see all of the "omg 1st, 2nd, 3rd post!", "me too", "yay!" comments.
View Post Originally Posted by Countrymom
My family joined WW in January '08 and I was completely clueless to anything Webkinz. The only reason I even got involved in Webkinz was because my mother got my son a reindeer for Christmas and when he adopted it I fell in love with the game/site and bought a webkinz for myself and my husband as well. My husband stumbled onto Webkinz Insider and was always telling me all of this Webkinz related information! I kept thinking where on earth is he getting all this information from? Once he showed me the site, I fell in love with Webkinz Insider as well. It's been a huge source of information, as well as a reassurance when things go wrong. It's also great to know I'm not the only "parent/adult" that's addicted! I've never actually payed attention to my post count. In fact, I didn't even realize there was a post count until my husband stumbled onto the Gift Exchange and noticed you needed at least 50 post. (Yes, my husbands the observant one!). I'll admit, I've kept my eye on my post since then because I would love to be involved in exchanging gifts with other Webkinz lovers, but I haven't gone around posting random post to "up my count". So thank you to Webkinz Insider for providing a site where addicts like myself can come and chat, laugh, and read up on Webkinz related news! And thanks to you for posting this "reminder" - hopefully it'll sink in to those oblivious.
View Post Originally Posted by malene
May I add? (I agree with you.)
View Post Originally Posted by malene
WHAT IS SPAM?
Now and then, a short post is absolutely fine on these forums. If you just want to get your opinion out there quickly. What IS spamming is when I see 40 posts by one user on very old threads, reviving threads that have not been posted on in months, and sometimes even years.

If you have a subject you'd like to discuss on the boards, make a thread about it. If you'd like to contribute, please make sure that you are indeed CONTRIBUTING to the thread, and not just posting to raise your post count.

A high post count means nothing
View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
I agree, and I'm very happy you made this thread.
Lately, people seem to make these threads and not even know what they're saying. They pretty much 'copy', if that's the right word, something that someone else said just for rep. It's wrong. I know, it feels good to get another star, or rainbows, or to be promoted to a Gift Trainee, or to have your 10,000th post and a new orange rep box, but think, people!!! You can gloat all you want, say whatever you want to a member with one star, or one rep box, or 30 posts! It hurts. It really, really does. You may not realize it, but we can make a difference by sharing a laugh, making someone smile, or just having a simple conversation with someone. In the 'Somebody Help!" area of the Forum, I see threads with 100 posts and 1,000 views (maybe not that many..), and another one with no posts at all with like, 46 views! WI is to make friends, chat, and help others. It's not a popularity contest. So, if you do see a thread with no posts and a ridiculous amount of views, lend a hand! Even if you can't help, let the person know that you've tried, not that you just saw the thread, said "Psh, I have no clue." and clicked away! It's nice to at least give a minute to read something over, and really think about it! So, you totally deserve a rep, for reminding us all that it's not about what your rank is, or how many posts or stars you have, it's about caring for one another and taking the time to explain things.

‚ô•Alyssa
View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Lily, this holds just as true as it did a year ago when you crafted this thread. Nothing has changed since then with regard to Reputation or how it is obtained; has it?
Yes, we all like to see the 'warm fuzzies' in our User CP's They give us that sense that maybe we are doing this community some good.
I like the things that are said to me in the UCP...I am not that fond of the Bars, to be honest because they seem to represent something else altogether, especially to others.
I post on threads because I care, because I know I can help, because I know stuff that WILL help and because I love to congratulate and wish well. Those are the reasons I am here. I have hung back in the general forum; venturing out into the GE and other places very little compared to here.
As long as there are new people coming in Pleading for assistance, I think I will be here. Just as I have seen YOU. You have a WONDERFUL way to show others that you care and that is through KMOWI. You have taken a lot of newer members under your wing and shown them what a Kind Member of is Those members flourish under your tutoring and guidance and they look up to you.
As members with the Bars and Stars, we have a responsibility to model that exemplary behaviour (sometimes I get off the beaten path and I am a bit 'crusty' but I DO try ) because we have members who look up to us.
It takes a LONG time to reach the place we are at, but only a MOMENT to fall from grace and an eternity to recover.
Were you ever in Sunday School as a child and sang the song, 'Be Careful Little Eyes'?
Here is that song. I hope you enjoy it. It still reminds me of the things we should be doing
O Be Careful, Little Eyes

O be careful little eyes what you see
O be careful little eyes what you see
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little eyes what you see


O be careful little ears what you hear
O be careful little ears what you hear
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little ears what you hear


O be careful little hands what you do
O be careful little hands what you do
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little hands what you do


O be careful little feet where you go
O be careful little feet where you go
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little feet where you go


O be careful little mouth what you say
O be careful little mouth what you say
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little mouth what you say
View Post Originally Posted by pinkbab89
I don't really care much about my post count either. And, I don't even want to be Gifted. I just came here to talk about Webkinz. I would like to see my rainbows someday, because they are really pretty. They look nice there, but I don't need them right now. And I don't see why people NAME their rainbows and spinnies. I don't care about Rep either. I've never even given out Rep. I do have some Rep, but I don't really care. WI is about Webkinz, not the race to see how many posts or Rep points someone has. I think everyone should understand that. At least the people who have posted great things on this thread. I am glad I am still just a webkinz. I'm going to be a Webkinz until I decide to leave WI.


View Post Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I totally agree we don't want WI to turn into a competition. For example the daily chat thread is a place to chat,make new friends etc but other people take advantage of it. They are always worried about how high they are in the top posters link how much post they make on the daily chat thread. That is not what we want WI to be about. I also agree about reputation you should not ask for them. The meaning about being nice and helping people is feeling good about helping somebody,knowing you did something right and not expecting something in return. What they also do is random reputation were you randomly give out reputation points to people. To me that is the same as asking for reputation but saying it in a different way. Is this really what you want WI to be about? Like you said don't make guides that are already made or that are not needed or just copying a guide. These are all examples of what you said.
View Post Originally Posted by silentartist59
hi lilyrose and thank you for your good point of view. i think i know first hand what wi is all about or should be about to more people. almost a year ago my daddy and big brother was killed in a car accident and when alot of the peoples of wi heard about the accident they was very nice to me and my twin brothers. the nice posts were a lot not just one day, but are still coming. i have made alot of friends here who just stop by to say hi ask me how i feels and stuff like that. this brings a smile to me cause i am very sicks and cant play with my friends and brothers. i guess i just wish every bodies could just treat peoples the way they want to be treated. thank you wi and all my bestest buds!

ooppss i forgot i was in mommys account i is sorry
View Post Originally Posted by crystal00000
I don't CONSTANTLY worry about it, there are BETTER things to do. Although i DO look at my posts and rep, just for fun. I DID get excited at my 1,000 posts. But i didn't make it THE ONLY THING IN MY LIFE TO GET THEM!
View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
Thanks for your thread and your insight. I would like to add that if people are genuine in their caring and thoughts that they send messages to others through their profles or by PM. There is no post count or reps for visitor messages, but they are a great way to build relationships and TRULY communicate with others.

I would also like to add that people try to make friendships with people that they REALLY want to make friends with. Seeing how many friends you can add to your "friends" list without ever intending to talk to them again is something that troubles me. When people ask to be my friend, I consider that request carefully. And I do try to keep in touch with people on my list. If you don't really have time or want to be friends with people, then don't put in a request. I think it's hurtful to have someone add you to their list so they can build it up, and then never have any contact with that person again.

Last edited by LilyRose; 05-23-2009 at 10:20 PM..
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Gifted
 
cheekycatlover's Avatar
cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

That is very true! I agree with you! Rep Points!
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

I am glad to see you understand...all I can hope for is more people will also understand and maybe realize what WI is all about.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
chatterbox4eva39
Guest

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

Your so right! Take Milly for example, she doesn't care about her posts and she is what, the second top poster on WI? I But I still help people and make them feel welcome. When I was new here, everyone was so new here and about 4500 posts was the most somebody had. Now we are up to 30000! (Not offending DragonStar in any way )
I just think most people want to be the most-known and be a top poster. It doesn't matter about posts.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Some on toke my
Webkinz :)
 
Webkinzluvr659's Avatar
Webkinzluvr659 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

That is so ture. You get Rep points!!!
Webkinzluvr659 is offline
Old 03-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
Your so right! Take Milly for example, she doesn't care about her posts and she is what, the second top poster on WI? I But I still help people and make them feel welcome. When I was new here, everyone was so new here and about 4500 posts was the most somebody had. Now we are up to 30000! (Not offending DragonStar in any way )
I just think most people want to be the most-known and be a top poster. It doesn't matter about posts.
Yes-- people think fame comes with a lot of posts. You know what---I look up to the people who help people, really truely go out of their way to HELP PEOPLE!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
heronbythesea
Gifted
 
heronbythesea's Avatar
heronbythesea is a glorious beacon of lightheronbythesea is a glorious beacon of lightheronbythesea is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

I don't think there is anything wrong with sometimes just responding with a "me too" because, sometimes I come here just wanting to see if others are having the same problem I am having. So it IS helpful just to see if they are also having the problem, so a "me too" is sufficient. ;-)
heronbythesea is offline
Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
Gift Guru
 
LilyRose's Avatar
LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

View Post Originally Posted by heronbythesea
I don't think there is anything wrong with sometimes just responding with a "me too" because, sometimes I come here just wanting to see if others are having the same problem I am having. So it IS helpful just to see if they are also having the problem, so a "me too" is sufficient. ;-)
I understand that...I am talking about the people who just breeze through...trying to get lots of posts. DO you get what I mean by that?
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
sunset808
Guest

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

After 9 months, someone finally told me that I am the one who has to post to add more posts! All that time I could have had 9,000 posts!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
Less glitchy than
Webkinz :)
 
Spinda's Avatar
Spinda will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz Insider--Quality over Quanitiy--Please read!

I don't care about my post count-I don't even notice what it is half the time. I don't know why things like that matter to some people. In the long run of your life, it is not going to matter how many posts you made on such-and-such website.
Spinda is offline
Closed

Tags
excellent!-hayley, good thinking.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts