Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Trolling.

You probably clicked on this thread to see what trolling is. It isn't a troll that lives under the bridge, its a type of rudeness that is spreading. Lets look up what trolling is.
troll 2
verb [ intrans. ]
1 fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat : we trolled for mackerel.
search for something : a group of companies trolling for partnership opportunities.
2 [ trans. ] sing (something) in a happy and carefree way : troll the ancient Yuletide carol.
3 [ trans. ] informal Computing send (an e-mail message or posting on the Internet) intended to provoke a response from the reader by containing errors.
4 [with adverbial of direction ] chiefly Brit. walk; stroll : we all trolled into town.

Number three is the one it is. Trolling is purposely to annoy or provoke someone. Its happened a lot to me and a lot of other people.
Heres how to spot and report trolling.

You: I'm eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes. There very good.
Someone: (this isn't quoted) I hate Frosted Flakes. They taste like wheat. I mean WHO'D ever eat them. There disgusting.

You: I just bought a webkinz .
Someoneunquoted) Eww... cows are disgusting. They smell like manure.
Theres a lot worst trolling out there.

Most of this goes on the DCT.

So if you see this behavior please report it.
jorking is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Trolling.

You probably clicked on this thread to see what trolling is. It isn't a troll that lives under the bridge, its a type of rudeness that is spreading. Lets look up what trolling is.
troll 2
verb [ intrans. ]
1 fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat : we trolled for mackerel.
search for something : a group of companies trolling for partnership opportunities.
2 [ trans. ] sing (something) in a happy and carefree way : troll the ancient Yuletide carol.
3 [ trans. ] informal Computing send (an e-mail message or posting on the Internet) intended to provoke a response from the reader by containing errors.
4 [with adverbial of direction ] chiefly Brit. walk; stroll : we all trolled into town.

Number three is the one it is. Trolling is purposely to annoy or provoke someone. Its happened a lot to me and a lot of other people.
Heres how to spot and report trolling.

You: I'm eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes. There very good.
Someone: (this isn't quoted) I hate Frosted Flakes. They taste like wheat. I mean WHO'D ever eat them. There disgusting.

You: I just bought a webkinz .
Someone: (unquoted) Eww... cows are disgusting. They smell like manure.
Theres a lot worst trolling out there.

Most of this goes on the DCT.

So if you see this behavior please report it.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Trolling.

I'm not sure I understand. You mean it's like they are trying to pick an argument?
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No, you actually have 'trolling' wrong, Jorking.
Trolling is like the Spam-bots that come in and leave ads on the forum about Nike shoes or Michael Jackson memorabilia.
They are the people who come in and say nasty stuff just to get the mods and Admin moving quickly to delete it and then turn around and make another account so they can do it within minutes of having been banned,
They are the people who spam posts to gain status quickly with posts that are like
HIHIHIHIHIHI It's MEEEEEEEEE
People who write stuff like what you have there are generally bored and looking to stir up some excitement, but they aren't USUALLY here to get themselves kicked off just for 'grins and giggles.'
YES, any TROLL POSTS should definitely be red flagged, I will agree with that, but please be sure that you are reporting a troll, first.
Chief identifier in this case? Less than 10 posts, has an advertisement in their signature and they post on a thread with something that has absolutely nothing to do with what has been discussed.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
Banned

Lol, really. I understood it differently. On another forum there were lots of fights so um yeah.
LOL.
xD

I guess this can by closed and deleted.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Thanks for the reminder!

Don't be trollin'!!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Fights happen, Jorking. It is all a part of diversity on forums. Ours is a HUGE forum and we see arguments and disagreements every day Those aren't trolls They are just people with different opinions looking for validation
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Banned

Lol heres how I used to understand it. I guess trolling means different think on different forums. I asked them what it was and guess this was it. Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

loganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I am in agreement with Jorking here. That described Trolling to a tee.
loganace33 is offline Male
Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Banned
Fayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guideFayiirah is a golden guide

Well, no, OP.
While you have the basic definition down, your examples are wrong. The "troll" is just simply someone stating their opinion.
A better example would be
P1: I love cats.
P2: You're stupid for liking cats. You probably have no friends, and smell like dung. No normal person likes cats.

There's much more to trolling than just flaming people, though.
I can't think of any examples that are within the rules.

Trolling when done right can be a beautiful thing. The flame trolls are just made of fail.

And note, not every person who flames is a troll.

Last edited by Fayiirah; 01-14-2010 at 10:30 PM..
Closed