Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default TRIBALFUSION pop-unders in the forums?

I have read through some of the other posts by Justin, and many other members, regarding the Pop-ups/unders, however, from what I've read, they should not occur while in the forums...correct me if I am wrong with that statement.

I am receiving literally 3-5 pop-unders from tribalfusion every minute...I could handle 1 an hour, but to constantly have to close the multitude of windows, well, it's terribly annoying. The other day my son had left WI on the computer and when I checked the window there were 64, yes, 64 windows open...one for WI on the forums and the other 63 were tribalfusion pop-unders. Like I said, one an hour would be tolerable, but the 3-5 every minute is far too many!!!

---------- FroggyDoodle added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

I was unable to PM Justin, thus, I made this thread to specifically address the tribalfusion pop-unders while in the forums and to see if the sheer number of adds per minute could be limited in some way while in the forums.

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 02-07-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
hining is for the
Banned
Sunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: TRIBALFUSION pop-unders in the forums?

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Firefox is a lot more safe and blocks a lot of the popups for you.:luvfrog:
Old 02-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

I have directed your concern to Justin. I can tell you that we honestly do not have, nor ever have, set any pop up/under ads on the forum.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Thumbs up Re: TRIBALFUSION pop-unders in the forums?

View Post Originally Posted by Sunnygirl
Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
I do also have Firefox, which I do use for specific sites, and I think I will use it whenever I log into WI...and we'll see what happens. I am in FF right now, and surprisingly, no pop-unders, yet. Although Firefox stops these pop-unders, I think it is equally as important for Justin to look into why this is happening in the forums when using IE as a browser...but FF will be browser choice from now on for this site.

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
I have directed your concern to Justin. I can tell you that we honestly do not have, nor ever have, set any pop up/under ads on the forum.
Thanks Wendy. As I mentioned above, although using Firefox as a browser will stop this, I think it's important to figure why it is happening when using IE as a browser because there are probably many kids on WI who use their parents computers and are not allowed to download Firefox. There is a difference between the two browsers, but there are those that will not stray from IE, so masking the problem by switching over to Firefox does just that, masks the problem...a solution would be much better...so Thanks!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Interestingly, this is only happening to a handful of people. Maybe 5-10 out of the 30,000 or so we have visit per day. I think it may have to do with some of the security settings on Internet Explorer and that the site can no longer recognize you when you return?

The advertising network keeps track of who they've served an ad to, and won't serve another one for 16 hours.

As for pop-unders in the forum, that shouldn't be happening at all and I'll look into it.
Justin is offline Male
Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Interestingly, this is only happening to a handful of people. Maybe 5-10 out of the 30,000 or so we have visit per day. I think it may have to do with some of the security settings on Internet Explorer and that the site can no longer recognize you when you return?

The advertising network keeps track of who they've served an ad to, and won't serve another one for 16 hours.

As for pop-unders in the forum, that shouldn't be happening at all and I'll look into it.
Thanks very much Justin...like I said, if it was even once per hour, I'd be fine, but it's out of control...and always in the forum...however, only with IE, not Firefox. I'm on Firefox now and it never happens in the forums...I'm wondering if it truly is an IE issue as opposed to WI...but thanks for checking.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Gift Guru

twenty_car is an unknown quantity at this point

I use IE and I'm not experiencing those problems. I usually only get one pop under in a day.

However, if i do go to the main page--Home--I'll get more ads. Sometimes I pop over there to see if I've missed some exciting news. I have my bookmark set to open up in the forums so it hasn't been a problem.

just my 2cents
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible
angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

I have a tribalfusion pop up right now on my bottom screen.
But not on my other computer.
Sorry I am not a computer whiz by no means.
just thought i would tell you.
Thanks.
angelofharlem is offline Female
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #9
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

I have manually been able to eliminate the tribalfusion popunders now...however, my only option will mean Justin and WI will make no money...but I just can't handle the amount I seem to get, so for now, blocking anything from tribalfusion is my only option...unless you manage to find the issue Justin and you want me to "unblock" them...just let me know...
Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I have manually been able to eliminate the tribalfusion popunders now...however, my only option will mean Justin and WI will make no money...but I just can't handle the amount I seem to get, so for now, blocking anything from tribalfusion is my only option...unless you manage to find the issue Justin and you want me to "unblock" them...just let me know...
I've re-inserted the code on the forum and there should be absolutely 100% no pop-unders on the forum. I've double and triple checked the ad code and it specifically prohibits it now, rather than assuming there were none on the campaign. Give it a shot?
Justin is offline Male
Closed