Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Gifted

Tree Frog is on a distinguished road

Default Tree Frog's Signature and Avatar making tutorial. Make slideshow sig's and avatars!

Hello everyone. This was an old guide I posted in the avatar section, but people couldn't seem to find it, so I'm putting this here instead. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me and other people how to make sigs and especially slideshow sigs. So I'm letting the secret out. And trust me, if there's one guy who knows hwo to do it, it's me. I have had a ton of expieriance and a lot of you have sigs that I have made. If you have any further questions after reading this, feel free to tell me.

Step one
=-=-=-=-=-=
Alrighty. To do this, you are going to need a photo editing program. I reccomend Microsoft Picture it! 10, Adobe Photoshop CS3, or GIMP. At the very least, have something that can instert seperate images and move them around. I repeat, you do not NEED any of those three, those are just reccomended.

Now the animation program, Animation Shop 3, has a 30 day free trial. Go to http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-2929.html and click on External Mirror to download the program.

Step two
=-=-=-=-=-=
OK. The first thing we need to do, is get the template. It's important in animated signatures that all of the slides are the same size. Save these blank templates to your computer:

This here is your vertical signature template.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the horizontal signature slide template.

Here is your avatar template.

Once you have saved all of these to your computer, it's time to start making the slide(s).

Step three
=-=-=-=-=-=
Step three will teach you how to make a solid colored background. Everyone has paint, yes? Good. This next part is important. Make a copies of your template to make the slides from, never the origionall. So let's say you wanted 8 slides? Make 8 copies. I find it helpful to name the slides by number in the order you want them in. Anyway, open up the COPY of the template you chose with paint. I chose the horizontal template to do my signature. Most of you are probably familiar with paint, but those of you who aren't, this is for you. To make a solid color background click on the paint can.

The paint can is shown in this picture for the new paint users.

Now go to the bottom and click on the color you wish to use. Then click on the blank copy. If you chose red like me, it should now look like this:

Now save the copy. If you want every slide the same solid color, you can make one copy, do the background, and then copy that for the rest. Some of you may find it perfectly fine to use a solid color. Others, may just want different. The next step explains that

Step four
=-=-=-=-=-=
Want a cool graphic background instead of a plain one? You're about to learn HOW. Go to http://www.***************/. You should get something like this:

OK so you want a cool 3D abstract background to spice up your sig? Go to the search bar and type in <Your color here> abstract background. Let's say I were to choose, orange. This is what would come up.

Now to me, almost all of these are great backgrounds for a signature slide! Right click on the thumbnail of the one you like, and save it to your computer. Now this is the somewhat bad news. Not everyone will be able to do the next step. I looked virtually everywhere and you have to pay for the prograns with the feature required for this.

Step five
=-=-=-=-=
OK so you have the blank template, and the background you chose from deviantart. How do we put the background on the template? I will show you. I use microsoft picture it premium 10. Some of you might have this, some of you might use something different. If you have the exact feature I use to do this, great. Some of you might have somethign similar. Anyway, open up the blank template in your program. You can not do this in paint, I'm warning you now. Now insert the background you want by either copy>paste, or Insert>picture>from file. Whatever your program you use, however you got the background in, it should look SOMETHING like this:

Alright. You most lilkley have two seperate sizes here. If you have the feature that I use (some of you won't), you can drag the corner to make the background fit with the template. Here is what I'm talking about:

Now if you can do that, drag the corners and make the background fit the template. If you are able to do so, it should look like this in the end:

Great! now we have (either way you did it) a background on our slide! Now let's put on the picture.

Step six
=-=-=-=
What is it that people usually want on they're slides? Webkinz! Now let me ask you this. Where is the best place to get pictures of virtual webkinz? Cropping them out of a screenshot? No! The avatar section!!! Go to your user control panel and click on edit avatar. Move the category to virtual webkinz. Those are the best webkinz pictures to use! Save the ones you want. Now what if you have a webkinz like a raccoon, husky, ect. that they don't have there? Where do you go now? Go to the homepage of WI and click on webkinz. Then click on current webkinz and find the one you can't find in avatars. If you are so inclined, you can also save pictures of the PSI/PSF from here. Now if you are like me and want to open up a thread offering signatures and have it done quicker, what I did was save every webkinz picture, every webkinz PSI, and every webkinz PSF so I didn't have to search every time I made a sig. This is completley optional though. We have the pictures, we have a slide, but now we need to put the picture ON the slide!

Step seven
=-=-=-=-=-=
What you want to do is open up the slide you are working on in a photo editing program. Now you are going to put in your picture. There are two ways to do this. Click on insert>picture>from file, or copy>paste it in. However you did it, it should look something like this:

Now if you have that corner drag feature, you can resize it to your liking. It doesn't matter that much though. Now you might be thinking it lookis a little bit off with the white background on it. Again, not everyone will be able to do this next step and I'm sorry if you can't.

Step eight
=-=-=-=-=-=
The magic wand. Also called selector, or whatever. This baby is extremley useful as it will remove the background of the webkinz. Here is how it works. Find the button to acsess the tool. It's usually a wand, or a picture with dashed lines around it, or something of that form. Some of you will not have this and don't sweat it if you don't. If you do, click on the button. Then click on the white around the picture of the webkinz. It should look a little bit like this:

Now hit the Delete key, or Del for some of you. The white will vanish! Now you are left with this:

Now that is brilliant! If you want, you can now add more webkinz, by repeating from Step six. Of course then you have to put words on it, correct? You *do* want the name of your pet, don't you??

Step nine
=-=-=-=-=-=
Text is simple enough, insert a tex box, find the color, font size, type away. You all know how to do that. But what if you want 3D text, where do you go? Cooltext.com!! Go there now. You should have a page open like this:

Now this is actually extremley easy to use. Click on the one you want first. Then type in what you want to say. Click on the color and it will take you to 3 pages long of color choices that you can choose from. Some of them have a gradient (transfer from one color to another) that you can click on to choose. Others like slab have texture you can choose from. You can also choose the font, they have loads! When you make all those choices, hit render image and wait a few seconds. Your 3D text will appear. Save it to your computer. Now open your slide, and insert the text picture into it and position it where you want. You can also use the magic wand to remove the white. Whatever you did, it should look like something like this if you finished:

Now you have a slide done!!! If you want more (you probably will) repeat from step three. If you dont' want more slides, just save this and upload it. I will explain how at the very bottom. When you have all of the slides you want, go to step ten.

Step ten
=-=-=-=-=
It's time to combine your slides together, which is actually quite easy. Open up the program you installed, Animation Shop 3. Wait for it to load, then click start. You are left with this:

Now go up to the left hand corner and click on file>animation wizard. It will say "What do you want the total dimensions of the new animation to be?" make sure 'Same size as first image' is marked. The 'transparent' or 'oaque' doesn't matter, just click next. The next part is also useless, just click next. Now it tells you that it will leave each slide up for a tenth of a second. Way way way to short! Change it to 100 (One second) or 150 (a second and a half) and click next. Now you get to put the images in. Click on add image and find the first slide. Continue adding the slides making sure they are IN ORDER (That's why I number them) and when you are done, click next and then finish. They layout will come up. Go to file>save as> <your sig's name> then go through the whole optimize thing. Just click next next next, it doesn't matter. Now you can exit. Now you have your signature done!!!! Congragulations!

But wait, shwo do I put it under every post?

Step eleven
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
This is the final step. To upload your signature, go to your control panel. That is below the picture of all the webkinz and next to the green FAQ link. It says User Cp. Click on that. Now go to the side and click on edit signature or avatar, whichever you want. For avatars: Make sure 'Use custom avatar' is selected. Now go to the bottom and hit browse and go to whichever folder you stored the avatar in. CDouble click on the file, and then hit save. For signatures: Go to the bottom and hit browse to find your sig, and then hit preview. Now go back down and you should see the signautre. NOTE: If you are not a gift guru and you have a lot of slides, your sig might not go through and if it does it might not show some of the slides. There is no way around that sadly. However if it did, below it will be an underlined link that says insert signature picture. Click on that and then go up to where you type things. You should see [SIG][PIC] or somethign like that. you can move that around to where you want it. NOW hit save, and presto! I hope I helped some people out there . Remember, if you have further questions, feel FREE to PM me!

~Tree Frog
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Gifted

Default Re: Tree Frog's Signature and Avatar making tutorial. Make slideshow sig's and avatars!

Bumping Uping Mying Posting
Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Gift Guru

loveswebkinz3200 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Tree Frog's Signature and Avatar making tutorial. Make slideshow sig's and avatars!

Thanks fo the info!!!!!
loveswebkinz3200 is offline Male
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Gifted

No problem!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
ashhailey
Gifted

duffmontana will become famous soon enough

tree frog plz help me i can pay for that so can i do it on paints?????
duffmontana is offline Female
Old 08-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
karamoo
Gifted

karamoo has a spectacular aura aboutkaramoo has a spectacular aura about

What if I only have paint, and i dont have a special editor thing? is it still possible to do?
karamoo is offline Female
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
MeaganRulez
Webkinz :)

MeagLeigh is on a distinguished road

Thanx that helpz alot!!!
MeagLeigh is offline Female
Closed