Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Trash Can for PM's

Hi again, and thanks for clicking on another DL thread!

I noticed that there isn't a trash can for deleted PM's. Although it might not be possible for vBulletin, I'd love to see one. I recently just deleted a V.I.P.M. (Very Important Private Message) and I had to PM another member to forward it to me (it was an acceptance for Gift Guru PM.)
It would have been easier for me to just move it back to my inbox from the trash can if there was the option.

Although it might not be practical in a lot of cases, I'd love to hear some opinions/ideas/constructive criticism!

Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Trash Can for PM's

i think it would be very helpful! i have occasionally realized i needed to reference a PM, after i have deleted it!

of course, i hate how so many of our ideas revolve around what vBulletin can and can't do...you could ask justin

---------- bob nws III added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

whoops..i tried to rep you for a good idea, but it said i needed to spread the love

i'll try to get it to you next time

Last edited by bob nws III; 02-20-2009 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
i think it would be very helpful! i have occasionally realized i needed to reference a PM, after i have deleted it!

of course, i hate how so many of our ideas revolve around what vBulletin can and can't do...you could ask justin
Thanks for posting, Bob! I usually look over every PM before deleting, but in this case it was completely full and I couldn't really look over every single one.

Yes, a lot of our ideas revolve around what vBulletin can or can't do... I hope this is an option available though
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Actually, there is kind of something you can do for this. I do it. I made a folder named "SAVE" so I have three folders...Inbox, Outbox, and SAVE. Then when I have a PM I don't want to lose, I move it directly to the SAVE folder. And BAM, it's never gone as I am only deleting form inbox/outbox.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
---------- bob nws III added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

whoops..i tried to rep you for a good idea, but it said i needed to spread the love

i'll try to get it to you next time
Don't worry about it

---------- Dogluver620 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Actually, there is kind of something you can do for this. I do it. I made a folder named "SAVE" so I have three folders...Inbox, Outbox, and SAVE. Then when I have a PM I don't want to lose, I move it directly to the SAVE folder. And BAM, it's never gone as I am only deleting form inbox/outbox.
That's a good idea I will try that now. I'd love a system to retrieve deleted PM's though

Last edited by Dogluver620; 02-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I know what you mean but if you put them in a different folder, you will never be deleting an important message anyway.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

thats a good idea

but i still agree with dogluver..there should be a system to retrive deleted PMs.
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

I know what you mean but if you put them in a different folder, you will never be deleting an important message anyway.
I see what you mean, but if you don't have a different folder for them it could be deleted on accident, you know what I mean?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Yes, that's why you MAKE a different folder. Problem solved.

-----> and keeping that much in a website would clog the system and it would most likely crashes.

The limits are set to keep WI running as fast as possible and as unclogged as possible, not because they chose for it to be that way.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I think this is a nice idea..

Sometimes I by mistake delete PM's and they're gone forever! It would be nice for a trash can/bin, so if needed we could get the PM back before permanently deleting it! Rep!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Closed