Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

Default Re: Translator optional.

I love that idea. I never really had many encounters with the translator until today, when I wanted to say hello in Spanish, and it got translated. I'm not fluent in any languages besides English, but at times I like to say bits and pieces in Spanish or something. It would be nice to have it as an option. =)

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
You can force the system to not translate your text by using [ notranslate ] text to not translate [ /notranslate ] (with the spaces removed)

I'm sorry that many of you find it annoying and in your way, but think of the people who can't read English and what the system does for them... It allows them to read anything you are typing in English in their own native language, allows them to respond in their native language which it'll auto-translate back to you so you can communicate with one another.. I think it's pretty cool.
Oh, thanks! That helps lots. =)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #42
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I'm not sure I understand what you said Justin. lol Sorry, I'm really computer-challenged. I do appreciate the need and the wonderful possibilites of the translator. I guess the frustration comes in when we post something that can't be modified. The English language is unique, in that it really has incorporated SO many other languages into it. We use words from foreign sources all the time in our daily use. I'm sure the 'translator' is freaking out at all our foreign words, misspellings, slang, and text speak. It definitely is interesting, though!
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #43
duwang gang

luree611 has disabled reputation

Default [langtitle=es]Re: Translator optional.[/langtitle]

its really hard on the DCT because it's going so fast, you don't have time to edit your post and take out the "lang" as the site calls it. i'm with ya

You can force the system to not translate your text by using [ notranslate ] text to not translate [ /notranslate ] (with the spaces removed)

I'm sorry that many of you find it annoying and in your way, but think of the people who can't read English and what the system does for them... It allows them to read anything you are typing in English in their own native language, allows them to respond in their native language which it'll auto-translate back to you so you can communicate with one another.. I think it's pretty cool.
well, i do see your point
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #44
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Default [langtitle=pl]Re: Translator optional.[/langtitle]

[lang=pl][notranslate]Justin dziękuję! I lol, dostalem wiadomość z Justin.[/notranslate][/lang]
minimaid is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #45

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I'm not sure I understand what you said Justin. lol Sorry, I'm really computer-challenged. I do appreciate the need and the wonderful possibilites of the translator. I guess the frustration comes in when we post something that can't be modified. The English language is unique, in that it really has incorporated SO many other languages into it. We use words from foreign sources all the time in our daily use. I'm sure the 'translator' is freaking out at all our foreign words, misspellings, slang, and text speak. It definitely is interesting, though!
Im pretty sure he said if you dont want the translaters in your text, you can put "[notranslate] *text is in here* [/notranslate ] With out the spaces inbetween the little lines [[]]]

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
[lang=pl][notranslate]Justin dziękuję! I lol, dostalem wiadomość z Justin.[/notranslate][/lang]
What????
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #46
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Oi, that would be so helpful. I really love the feature, but it sometimes messes up what I'm saying and I have to repost.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #47
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Oh, ok. I understand that you can put those brackets around your posts, but 'The Translator' seems to pop up when you're least expecting it. It's really not a big price to pay for the benefits that come from it, I guess. And, it can spice up and add humor to posts. LOL
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #48

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Oh, ok. I understand that you can put those brackets around your posts, but 'The Translator' seems to pop up when you're least expecting it. It's really not a big price to pay for the benefits that come from it, I guess. And, it can spice up and add humor to posts. LOL
LOL, it does. Once I said "Im mad! >: O" and the translater come and said "In the mad! >: O" xD
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #49
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I wish it were an option, too.
Sometimes it adds itself to my post and I have to go back and edit it out.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #50
onders never cease
Gift Guru

Puppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonderPuppet wows us all with wonder

The idea is very cool we just have to learn how to use it and then every thing will be just great! Like how to disable it properly with out editing the post. For those in italy or some place else that does no know the language it has to be a blessing

Everybody have a fantastic day!
Puppet is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, my tag not 4 u, rylee hearts glitter, sierra ♥ jason, ty agrees!