Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #11
you're not alone
Webkinz :)

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Default Re: Translator optional.

Thanks for the support people.(:
minimaid is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default [langtitle=es]Re: Translator optional.[/langtitle]

[lang=es]webkinzinsider está fresco, pero después de no haber estado aquí desde hace más de un mes, y volviendo a este traductor, no me gusta it[/lang]
Galfam is offline Male
Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I find the translator irritating when it randomly comes on and changes your wording to say something completely different.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

Default [langtitle=fr]Re: Translator optional.[/langtitle]

Oh! I see what you mean now. Yeah, it actually is annoying. Especially if you're purposely speaking in another language and want someone to read your post in that language.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 AM   #15
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
So, I am going to start by saying I know people hate me, and i'm not even going to try to defend myself if you say something mean.

But, what I wanted to say is that the translators have been irrating my friends and I. Like thismorning I said Hello (WITHOUT THE H, like I'm british) and that i'm pet sitting this week, and it said hello, this is the week I sit on pets.

I can see why they'd be helpfull if you're from another country (or english isn't your first language.), but for things like my example, I dont see why they're nessacary. So I think it should be a option to have the translator on.(:

-Rae
No one hates you minimaid...

and you are quite right, this feature is very annoying when it comes on randomly. It's made me say some pretty goofy things too.

I think that Google looks at your post, and if it (the program) thinks that one of your words is a foreign word, like "chef" in Desty's example, it automatically translates for you.

I don't know how to turn it off.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #16
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

I discovered this in a number of trades.

"FR sent! " if posted on its own in a trade becomes:

[lang=fr]FR sent! [/lang]

FR is the official abbreviation for 'French' or 'Francais'. And, in french, the word 'sent' (or the verb 'sentir') is the verb to feel.

Webberlily is right, the translator comes on automatically in the strangest of places. It'd be nice if it were optional, but I don't see how that would work for everyone. You could say I don't want my posts translated, but if someone else has the translator on, what would your post look like to them? It's a good idea, but I don't think it would work.

Last edited by jenga_jane; 06-29-2010 at 02:20 AM..
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #17
elcome aboard

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

It would be a great idea if computer programs were actually capable of translating but until that day (which in my opinion isn't around the corner), I think they are more confusing than helpful! Of course we would all love it if it were really that easy - just push a button and presto - but languages are as complex as people and just as difficult to translate! And what a pity to lose the colour and vibrancy of a foreign phrase!
Vive la différence!

You fixed it Webberlilly!!!

Last edited by COONYCOON; 06-29-2010 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: punctuation
COONYCOON is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #18
I love Owls :3

prrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonderprrety11 wows us all with wonder

Yah, yesterday I said 'but the...' and it said 'shoes the...'. It's a little bit annoying.
prrety11 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #19
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

I agree. If I post a regular English message, it gets all HNJAbsdwme.
xD
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #20
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

i like the idea. i said err on the DCT and it changed it to are in some strange language.

and like Jenga_Jane says, on the GE "FR sent!" turns into "EN feels!" and it gets a wee bit annoying.

Last edited by softballipod; 06-29-2010 at 08:02 AM..
softballipod is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, my tag not 4 u, rylee hearts glitter, sierra ♥ jason, ty agrees!