Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Default Re: "Trade talk IS allowed in this section!" =D

I think that this is actually a good idea. But I think it should be limited to *stories* only!! If anyone tries trade talk through PM, they lose their privileges. It's as simple as that. No offense, but I don't really see the big deal with the thought of trade talk through PMs from the forum. They do it, they lose privileges. It's not really anyone else's problem.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

It was allowed in the past. Unfortunately, several issues arose from it that we had to institute the rule.

There were several instances of members bragging about scamming other people. Also (and I find this unfortunate too but I suppose there are always going to be people that break the rules), people used it as a way to encourage pm trading even if they weren't gifted. Someone would post a story and name the specifics of what they tried to trade. It turned into a way for non-gifted members to advertise their haves and wants and then trade them via pm.

In the GE, we dont have to try to control that because everyone is allowed to post a list of their haves and wants.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I don't really agree... cause someone could say "I traded a super bed for a red lava with webkinzlover123456!" and I don't think that would be so good cause what if webkinzlover123456 was a member here on WI and they didn't know that value of the red lava and then they found out by looking it up in the WIGEV...? How would you feel if someone made a trade with you like that and then started bragging about it?
but how do you know who WL123456 was? i thought this could just be a sub-section for silly clubhouse stories....
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
Webkinz :)

TSLOZACFan101 is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: "Trade talk IS allowed in this section!" =D

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
I think we should have a section that allows for "trade talk". The Clubhouse section states "Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.

I once tried to post a thread talking about a TERRIBLE trade I'd made by accident, and encouraged others to share/vent their similar experiences.

I think there would be a wide selection of WI members who would appreciate the chance to share both their good and bad experiences trading.

I see plenty of people with signatures/avatars proudly displaying their best or most recently acquired rare item, and wonder what the history is behind that. I can't remember their name, but one user in particular comes to mind. She had a picture of a Mauna Loa Lamp that said "And then there was one!". I'd love to hear the story behind that! I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure others would like to hear it too. =)

I'm not saying this section should be for making trade deals (as the GE is sufficient for that), but a place where people can TALK about trading without their threads being deleted. Could this ever be a possiblity?
This is a really good idea and I think it should happen!
TSLOZACFan101 is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
It was allowed in the past. Unfortunately, several issues arose from it that we had to institute the rule.

There were several instances of members bragging about scamming other people. Also (and I find this unfortunate too but I suppose there are always going to be people that break the rules), people used it as a way to encourage pm trading even if they weren't gifted. Someone would post a story and name the specifics of what they tried to trade. It turned into a way for non-gifted members to advertise their haves and wants and then trade them via pm.

In the GE, we dont have to try to control that because everyone is allowed to post a list of their haves and wants.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
People BRAGGED about scamming other people?! How awful! That's just wrong.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
I think we should have a section that allows for "trade talk". The Clubhouse section states "Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.

I once tried to post a thread talking about a TERRIBLE trade I'd made by accident, and encouraged others to share/vent their similar experiences.

I think there would be a wide selection of WI members who would appreciate the chance to share both their good and bad experiences trading.

I see plenty of people with signatures/avatars proudly displaying their best or most recently acquired rare item, and wonder what the history is behind that. I can't remember their name, but one user in particular comes to mind. She had a picture of a Mauna Loa Lamp that said "And then there was one!". I'd love to hear the story behind that! I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure others would like to hear it too. =)

I'm not saying this section should be for making trade deals (as the GE is sufficient for that), but a place where people can TALK about trading without their threads being deleted. Could this ever be a possiblity?
Well actually, if you apply to be a Gift Trainee and then become a Gifted member, there is a GEDCT (Gift Exchange Daily Chat Thread) Where you can talk about that kind of stuff.

I know exactly what your talking about and I agree, it would be a good idea, but trade talk outside of the GE could turn in to actual trading outside of the GE, and mods and admin don't want that.

Great thread though and you have a lot of good evidence for backing up your idea!
Although, if you are very curious about trading, then sign up to be Gifted and hang out in the GEDCT
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
but how do you know who WL123456 was? i thought this could just be a sub-section for silly clubhouse stories....
We wouldn't, but WL123455 would know who the scammer was talking about and they would feel bad about it.

I think it would be great to be able to hear some of the stories, too, (there are several people on this board who have AVs or Signatures I would love to hear about) but it would lead to exactly what fairlyoddmom was talking about in her post. Too many people would take advantage of the idea and start trading through PMs. Especially the newer members who might not understand the rules completely and try it.
Also, we have members of all ages on here, I can just see a younger member getting duped into doing this and not understanding that it's against the rules.

I've seen threads on here before where someone started posting a clubhouse story and it turns into "You wanted that? I have an extra. Give me your WW username and I'll give you mine." That's a very sweet gesture, but against the rules, and it usually starts happening once you start posting threads like that.

Polarity is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #18

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I think it's be a great idea, if moderators monitored it regularly. The only place I believe that you can talk about clubhouse trades is the GE. But it would be quite nice if all the "webkinz" members could have a section where they could talk.

Well, cool idea. REP!!!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #19

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

I would like to hear some stories, so I think it's a good idea.
How long does it take to get accepted to become a GT if you have met the requirements?????
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 02-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

This has been a good discussion. It is interesting to know that trade talk was originally allowed. I like the idea of such conversations being allowed in the GE. Moderating trade talk in the other forums would be such a headache! I just can't imagine it. I can also see the possibility of abusing the PM system to arrange trades.

Thanks for all the information everyone!

Mom of IttyGirl2
Closed