Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
harlequinn

Default "Trade talk IS allowed in this section!" =D

I think we should have a section that allows for "trade talk". The Clubhouse section states "Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.

I once tried to post a thread talking about a TERRIBLE trade I'd made by accident, and encouraged others to share/vent their similar experiences.

I think there would be a wide selection of WI members who would appreciate the chance to share both their good and bad experiences trading.

I see plenty of people with signatures/avatars proudly displaying their best or most recently acquired rare item, and wonder what the history is behind that. I can't remember their name, but one user in particular comes to mind. She had a picture of a Mauna Loa Lamp that said "And then there was one!". I'd love to hear the story behind that! I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure others would like to hear it too. =)

I'm not saying this section should be for making trade deals (as the GE is sufficient for that), but a place where people can TALK about trading without their threads being deleted. Could this ever be a possiblity?

Last edited by harlequinn; 02-08-2009 at 04:02 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: "Trade talk IS allowed in this section!" =D

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
I think we should have a section that allows for "trade talk". The Clubhouse section states "Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.

I once tried to post a thread talking about a TERRIBLE trade I'd made by accident, and encouraged others to share/vent their similar experiences.

I think there would be a wide selection of WI members who would appreciate the chance to share both their good and bad experiences trading.

I see plenty of people with signatures/avatars proudly displaying their best or most recently acquired rare item, and wonder what the history is behind that. I can't remember their name, but one user in particular comes to mind. She had a picture of a Mauna Loa Lamp that said "And then there was one!". I'd love to hear the story behind that! I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure others would like to hear it too. =)

I'm not saying this section should be for making trade deals (as the GE is sufficient for that), but a place where people can TALK about trading without their threads being deleted. Could this ever be a possiblity?
maybe but I think they meant not to talk about trades people made in the GE. (but I don't think i read your post correctly)
Rep for the idea!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn

Per the rules of WI, any kind of trade talk is not permitted outside of the GE. You might want to consider applying to be gifted. Here's the link:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html
rickekinz is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Webkinz :)
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

It sounds like harlequinn is not trying to arrange trades. Can the story of the Mauna Loa Lamp be shared through a PM?

Mom of IttyGirl2

Last edited by IttyGirl2; 02-08-2009 at 08:42 AM..
Old 02-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by IttyGirl2
It sounds like harlequinn is not trying to arrange trades. Can the story of the Mauna Loa Lamp be shared through a PM?

Mom of IttyGirl2
From the way I understand the rules, it doesn't matter if you're trying to arrange a trade or talk about a trade in any way, it is not allowed outside of the GE. In other words, when harlequinn said, "The Clubhouse section states "Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.", the first part is correct; the second part is incorrect. Trade talk is allowed in the GE.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I agree, although it would have to be heavily moderated. I would love to hear clubhouse stories as I never go in there, due to censors being annoying.

---------- Ivie added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by rickekinz
Trade talk is NOT allowed in this section!", but there is no existing section that DOES allow trade talk.", the first part is correct; the second part is incorrect. Trade talk is allowed in the GE.
Yes, but only arrang trades viz kinzpost. Harle wants to talk about compeleted trades in the trading room.

Last edited by Ivie; 02-08-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
I agree, although it would have to be heavily moderated. I would love to hear clubhouse stories as I never go in there, due to censors being annoying.

---------- Ivie added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

Yes, but only arrang trades viz kinzpost. Harle wants to talk about compeleted trades in the trading room.
I understand what harlequinn wants to do. But again, it is not allowed on WI. If they choose to change this rule, that would work for harlequinn.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Oh sorry, I didn't get it, I thought yo thought he....now I'm dizzy.

I still think it would be a cool idea, but prehaps you would be banned from there (not WI) if you tried to arrange a trade.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I don't really agree... cause someone could say "I traded a super bed for a red lava with webkinzlover123456!" and I don't think that would be so good cause what if webkinzlover123456 was a member here on WI and they didn't know that value of the red lava and then they found out by looking it up in the WIGEV...? How would you feel if someone made a trade with you like that and then started bragging about it?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by IttyGirl2

Mom of IttyGirl2
No, that would count as trade talk and could result in the loss of PM privileges

I don't agree win this either. This could lead to trading through PM, which is something we're trying to avoid.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Closed