Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #41
imp17
Gift Guru

imp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talent

Default Re: Pointless reminders?

Well I think lately a lot of people have been breaking the rules all over the place and people are just trying to be helpful so that those who are breaking the rules do not get in trouble or they do not want those new comers to be banned. I myself am tired of even starting threads or even posting for that matter because someone seems to find every thread I start to be a repeat or something to criticize. So I have been limiting my posts a great deal.

I personally will probably never start another thread on my own because I do not take criticism well and I guess after seeing the way that everyone has torn this person's thread apart I probably will not ever start one again.

There are new people who join Webkinz Insider every day and many do not even know how this type of website even works. It takes a long time to get the hang of it and to even feel comfortable enough to start a thread so it is pretty sad to me to see this happen to people.
imp17 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #42
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by Polarity
LOL! I almost did the same thing, I thought about something I was almost going to post a thread on, and realized there were already threads talking about it. Notice I said threads with an "s"...LOL

I think what he means is when there is already a thread about it, not far down the page where you can see it, or several threads about the same subject, and someone makes another thread talking about the same thing. It's just not needed.

Andykinz, I agree! I see those threads all the time, and it really bugs me, because there are already threads about these topics and I don't feel like they are trying to help anyone.

You know, I wonder if WI has ever thought about having only staff make these threads, and then keep them in a WI Rules forum where we can go read and post, but we can't make threads? Then have a separate Suggestions forum where you can't post anything that's in the rules, like 000000005 said in this thread in an earlier post? That would stop us having 20 of the same reminders on the same page, and then we'd have the reminders somewhere other than the rules, where some people might not have gone when they joined, unfortuntely. They may only read that forum where they can post. Then again, I don't know if that would be too much.
Ooh that's a great idea Polarity!
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #43
gangnam style

ALSO I've seen 3 threads on not stealing others' graphics in the past month. The original was great, but the other two tried to make it sound like it was all their idea.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #44
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Some people do "fish" for rep by making these threads, while others really feel like they really need to remind others...so I am just in the middle for this one.
WHILE ON THE OTHER HAND, if they really want to remind WI of something, they could post the reminder in their signatures.
If this doesn't work, and when all else fails, I think People can make "reminder threads" if they really need to get there point across and they are original.
--Star

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 08-09-2009 at 12:17 AM..
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #45

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

Geez, I can't agree more with you!! Those threads are so unneeded and pointless, I can't stand them! "Be Nice" "Respect Others" I GET IT!!

Thank you!!
Pegasusluvr
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #46

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

I totally agree with you 100%, people making Reminder Threads about things that are total common sense just to get REP?? WHY?? What is the big deal about Rep? I have some don't know what they mean nor do i know what those little stars mean and to be quite honest I really don't care to be quite honest, I come to this sight to get info, learn new things and chat about the thing i am totally ADDICTED to...... WEBKINZ.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #47
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

thanks for agreeing. people have different opinions on this topic, so please be respectful.
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #48
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

Some people are just rep crazy.
Who make those pointless reminder threads are usually them.
But I guess some people don't want rep and actually feel they need to remind about something...
But it bothers me how some people are all about looks.
"OMG LOOK AT ME I HAVE SOO MUCH REP!!"

Wait but where all those rep points actually earned not fished for?

Last edited by PaperBlossom; 08-09-2009 at 12:18 PM..
PaperBlossom is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #49
☮Crazy4Love☮

MillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clownMillionBucks is cool as a bunny clown

i have never been aware of this
MillionBucks is offline Female
Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #50
bekahluvsjesus(:

bekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guide

YES!!!!!!!! I was JUST going to make a thread about how people might be doin it for the wrong reason.
There saying stuff over and over, just for rep. (some people)
And it annoys me so much.
I think if it's in the rules, you don't need to make a thread about it.
:]
bekah_rose is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hurricanes