Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
Banned
Jayfeather is a name known to allJayfeather is a name known to allJayfeather is a name known to all

Default Re: Pointless reminders?

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
I don't see any harm in reminding people. If anything it only helps out. There are so many people on WI, and every thread will help at least one person it seems.
Well, if something's in the rules people should already know not to do it, not be constantly reminded of it. It's okay if your trying to help WI, that's okay, but when you have a thread that's the same as one as a rule and there's the same thread down the page, it's not needed.
Jayfeather is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Well also, since there is so much to remember, some little reminders that you keep in your head, others may not. It is annoying when people do it for rep though, but thankfully i've never come across that.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #33
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by 926c
if you think about it, you're making a "pointless reminder" thread on "pointless reminders"! XD
What's so pointless about it?
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #34
meganmonkee
Gift Guru

meganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledgemeganmonkee flows towards the sea of knowledge

Reminders are used to remind people, I am sure a few people think about reps when posting these reminders, but the purpose is to remind people, there is nothing wrond with it. If you see a reminder thread, then you should just skip past it if you don't want to read it. We have new members every day, so it really helps to have these friendly reminders. But, this is just my opinion.

Megan
meganmonkee is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
i luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to beholdi luv me is a splendid one to behold

THANK YOU!!
I swear, it's like they either want to get rep or fight for higher authority....
Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #36
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

I honestly think that most of the people who post reminder threads are doing it to be helpful. However, I have noticed that once one person posts a reminder thread, within the next couple of days one or two more similar threads pop up. In my opinion those are the ones who are fishing for rep.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #37
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
Ughh I never give them rep, but a lot of others do! (Normally these reminders are in the rules!)

I was about to make a reminder thread a few days ago (about how I've seen a lot of chain mails which are against the rules) but then I remembered how those types of threads just bugged me. They should read the rules, and respect them!
LOL! I almost did the same thing, I thought about something I was almost going to post a thread on, and realized there were already threads talking about it. Notice I said threads with an "s"...LOL

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
What seems ovbious to you may not be obvious to others. Also, some post reminders for some things when they see the rule getting broken somewhere on the forum. Just a little reminder doesn't hurt anybody.
I think what he means is when there is already a thread about it, not far down the page where you can see it, or several threads about the same subject, and someone makes another thread talking about the same thing. It's just not needed.

Andykinz, I agree! I see those threads all the time, and it really bugs me, because there are already threads about these topics and I don't feel like they are trying to help anyone.

You know, I wonder if WI has ever thought about having only staff make these threads, and then keep them in a WI Rules forum where we can go read and post, but we can't make threads? Then have a separate Suggestions forum where you can't post anything that's in the rules, like 000000005 said in this thread in an earlier post? That would stop us having 20 of the same reminders on the same page, and then we'd have the reminders somewhere other than the rules, where some people might not have gone when they joined, unfortuntely. They may only read that forum where they can post. Then again, I don't know if that would be too much.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #38
Gift Guru

DKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonder

I agree x100. And even if they are for the right reasons, there's certain things that aren't nescessary. I've seen hundreds of threads on the same topic. If you agree with something, comment on the thread.
Do they still have the sytem when you're creating a thread where you type in the title, it will show you related threads? (If there isn't, I think that was a pretty helpful tool ) If so, it is pretty clear when there's a thread already made on the topic. If not, ignore me
Also, if you've seen someone breaking thre rules, such as posting in red or blue, maybe it's better just to give them a heads up; quote their post and say, "Hey, remember not to post in red or blue ". It's not nescessary to start a whole new thread on it.
DKMagoo is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #39
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I agree.
Some are really pointless reminders that are in the Rules, and Members should have read the rules when they joined.
Like the red and blue, be respectful, etc.
But there really are some good reminders in this section, but a lot of them can be very pointless and already in the rules.
And, yes, it is helpful to be reminded of those things once in awhile.
But threads about it over-and-over? It's really not neccasary.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #40
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

I totally agree 100%. We don't need 25 threads about the same thing...
I'm giving you rep for this, because it's an original, helpful thread that hasn't been posted before, or at least that I've seen.
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!, hurricanes