Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default Titling Your Threads ~

I've seen people sad that their thread isn't getting any people, and I think a lot of that is because of its title. Hopefully these tips can help your thread to attract people, say what you want it to, and look it's best. And it solves mods the trouble of changing so it reflects the subject more.

~Titles ARE Important.~

A title is the first people see of your thread. The title is what makes people want to click on it and read it, so you better make it good. A good title;

~Briefly explains what the thread is about. So if you were making a how-to thread about how to make a yummy banana split, then you could put 'How to Make Banana Splits.'

And

~Makes people want to click it. Things that make you want to click it include symbols, funky text, or maybe some mouth-watering hints of what's inside. Which would you click on out of these?

How to Make Banana Splits

How to Make Banana Splits ~ a banana covered in hot fudge, creamy ice cream, and more? Read on!

~How to Avoid Common Titling Mistakes~

~Actually title the thread about what's inside. Something like 'I'd love to see this happen....' or 'My idea' doesn't really tell anything about what it's about, and I find I'm a lot less eager to click on it. Maybe something like 'My idea about Webkinz phones,' or 'I'd love to see a game in the park....' would do better.

~Check your spelling. It seems silly, but if you spell webkizn like this, people might question your guide.

~Don't cram too much in the title. Long titles are great, but if you have to spend a looooong time reading the title yourself, shorten it. A sentence or two would probably be best.

~Don't put too many symbols in the title. Yes, it looks cool, and I agree--it adds to a title immensely. But too many can cause problems in reading and occasionally loading.

Fun Things to Do with Titles

~ Add alt symbols, like hearts, ♥, etc. Here's an awesome guide by Lotoo to show you how to do these easily. They really spruce up a title.

A... B... C... ALT CODES ! * Works for PC only. *

~ Text art is really cool. You can't really do too much impressive stuff with one line, but you can still make your title look interestingl. Some popular ones are below, but just stick some symbols in, and I guarantee it'll look cool.

[GUIDE] (in front of a guide. )
{♥ My WNTM ♥}
.::[My Story]::.
My r.a.n.d.o.m contest
/My Portfolio\

~ Using cool text generators looks really awesome. Examples below. The only thing I reccomend is use it in small doses on some words, or some people won't be able to read what you're saying. Simple is best, so don't over do it.

тнιƨ ιƨ мʏ ƨтσяʏ (glitter graphics text generator)
Ṳṧε ¥◎υґ*їμαℊiηα⊥ї◎ᾔ (encool your text)
Messletters (Suggested by Priceless )

So I hope you enjoyed this random reminder, and sorry for writing a novel. xD But I see a lot of threads with no posters, and I know what that feels like---so hopefully this will help a little.

Last edited by luv2writeNS; 07-17-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

Smile Re: Titling Your Threads ~

This is a great thread! Full of excellent ideas for thread titles.

Thank you for posting, this is sure to help a lot of people out
Lrnpanda is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

Default Re: Titling Your Threads ~

Thank you for the nice ideas! These will really help people!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
kk 2teal2 hand2
Banned
poppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guidepoppilove is a golden guide

Ooh! Good advice! Yeah, I have to be careful about what I name my threads, because usually I don't get a lot of responses.
poppilove is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #5

Priceless has disabled reputation

Nice thread. You can also use messletters.com. I love that; it has a text generator and a symbol list!
Priceless is offline Male
Old 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Simple is best. Symbols in your titles are not needed and can lead to various problems. Avoid them. Even the tilde ~ can cause problems.

The most important thing, is that the title should reflect contents. This is very important. You will get more readers, and when they want to return to your thread, they will find it easily again.

Most important, is that a good title that reflects contents, will make your thread come up in a SEARCH.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #7

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

What great tips!! Rep for you!
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
This is Halloween!

Musicgurl has a spectacular aura aboutMusicgurl has a spectacular aura about

Nice thread! I don't make a lot of threads, but when I do, I want people to come to them!
Rep point to you!
Musicgurl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
adventure time!!!, i'm a cat: arf!, making good titles, tigerdove